Natasha

The Longevity Thread

43 posts in this topic

As for substances and herbs that are known to increase longevity:

Gynostemma, He Shou Wu/Fo-Ti, Astragalus, Tulsi, Royal jelly/Bee pollen/Raw honey ect.. Turmeric, Cordyceps, Gotu Kola, All types of Ginsengs (Ashwagandha, Panax, Maca, Siberian ect..) from around the world, medicinal mushrooms like Chaga and Reishi, Schizandra & Goji berries and possibly pine pollen as well, I guess all adaptogens in general should promote and aid in longevity. Brewers yeast and Spirulina i also read somewhere can aid in longevity and restoration of cells. I would assume Maqui and Acai berries as well.

B R E A T H E

11 Tips to Live Longer 

Some less common advice that goes beyond simply eat right 

Here's the List

• 1. Spend time in nature
  • 2. The right diet
  • 3. Exercise
  • 4. Occasional fasting
  • 5. Keep moving after work
  • 6. Limit TV watching
  • 7. Spend time with friends
  • 8. Be a lifelong learner
  • 9. Eat hot peppers
  • 10. Volunteer
  • 11. Involved in church community 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU2qmyvcLQY

Thanks!

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

19 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

@Natasha

93 Year-Old Yoga Instructor Can Still Pose Perfectly

I need to get my butt into a yoga class :) Thanks for sharing, she's an inspiration.

14 hours ago, pluto said:

As for substances and herbs that are known to increase longevity:

Gynostemma, He Shou Wu/Fo-Ti, Astragalus, Tulsi, Royal jelly/Bee pollen/Raw honey ect.. Turmeric, Cordyceps, Gotu Kola, All types of Ginsengs (Ashwagandha, Panax, Maca, Siberian ect..) from around the world, medicinal mushrooms like Chaga and Reishi, Schizandra & Goji berries and possibly pine pollen as well, I guess all adaptogens in general should promote and aid in longevity. Brewers yeast and Spirulina i also read somewhere can aid in longevity and restoration of cells. I would assume Maqui and Acai berries as well.

I eat raw turmeric root (in smoothies), raw honey, have taken Maca, Ashwagandha, Spirulina, and Goji berries before and have heard of some other herbs listed above, but haven't tried them yet. There will be an open house at a local healthfood store tomorrow, they sell all kinds of herbs and goods, will see what they have from the list. Not sure buying food items online is such a good idea, you never know what you're gonna get.

@Outer I use Oxi-Data, an in-home urine test that measures free radical activity in the body on a scale of 0 to 5. I went from 5 (bad) to 2 (good) in a matter of just a couple of months after having cleaned up my diet and environment. I agree fresh organic live food is the best source of anti-oxidants. I did supplement with L-Glutathione and Alpha Lipoic Acid to neutrilize free radicals for awhile, and just supplement with L-Glutithione for maitenance now. 

Oxi_Data is quite accurate and easy to use, check it out:

http://www.oxidata.com/home.html

http://www.naturalchoicesforyou.com/store/p1/Free_Radical_Test_Kit.html

On 7/14/2017 at 3:19 AM, Outer said:

Depends where you live. In more northern parts you won't be able to get Vitamin D from the sun certain times a year. I would instead supplement 2000 IU a day regardless, which is safe and effective

I live in Florida, the Sunshine state B| I don't go out in the direct sun all the time, I know the rays can be harmful with too much exposure. Would I still need to supplement with Vit D, though?

@Quantum Mike Don't be a fussy little butt monkey :P

I healed my stage 3 cancer by switching to wholesome foods from the earth (that includes superfoods), clean water, conditioning my body with moderate excercise, cleaning my environment from toxic chemicals, and implementing stress busting techniques like meditation, mindfulness, practicing proper breathing, and good sleep. I haven't been to a conventional doctor since the diagnosis in 2012. And I don't just take anything and all the time. I do my home-work and research quality and sources of everything I try. I also do blood and urine tests and customise my supplement intake according to a particular deficiency (which the following test shows is improved/fixed). But food is my primary source of health and vibrancy, and I do eat plenty of rice, beans, cabbage, and sweet potatoes too, among other things. 

The lady in the video talks about Vit D-3 only and suggests that other supplements COULD be useless. Homeopathic stuff I have never been sure about and don't invest in, though. 

6 hours ago, Quantum Mike said:

gullible idiots

I might be an 'idiot' in your eyes, but I'm not stupid ^_^ Our body CAN heal itself and thrive for a century and longer, given proper nutrition and lifestyle. And this thread is a good example of how conscious living and holistic approach to one's health help you achieve that.  

15 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

Just try to see we live in an orange world and these people are making money first and will jump on any bandwagon to sell their products.

I understand your concern about money making businesses. I only take from that industry what's quality and benefits my wellness. I was low on B-12, found quality B-12 supplement, took it for awhile, the following test reveals my B-12 levels are back to normal. Same with free-radical testing - went from 5 (bad) to 2 (good) by having taken quality antioxidants for a few months. All my vitamin and mineral levels are within normal range too. And if/when they drop, I will fill that deficiency by eating proper foods and temporary supplementation. I'm still learning about how my body works and what it needs to stay in top-notch shape. It's fun!

40 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

I expect more from a group of so called awakened people.  

Are you saying awakened beings can't take superfoods and supplements? 9_9 

6 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

too many anti oxidants can be harmful. Your body needs free radicals to stop the spreading of metastatic cancer. Did you know that

Yes I do know that and that's why I keep my free radical level at 2.

8 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

Free radicals testing? What on earth is that?? 

I posted links about it in this thread, you can check it out. 

11 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

It does not sound like a physician 

I've become my own physician and clean wholesome food is my medicine. Did you know that majority of cancer patients don't die from cancer, but from cancer treatments side-effects? I was told by my then oncologist that if I don't go along with the conventional cancer 'treatment' protocol, in 2 years I'd develop stage 4 and die? Well, I quit the doc, went solo doing my research and changing my diet and lifestyle... it's been 5 years now and my health and energy levels are better than they were 20 years ago. This is my evidence and I'll stick with what I've been doing and what works and gives me such results.   

13 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

this thread is mostly uninformed gobbledygook

We're just sharing ideas and information and learning from each other on this forum. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they've been valuable and I will consider some things you've said too :)

5 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

It's the simple non animal protein diet and exercise that helps the body recover. I wouldn't mistake that for what's going on in the commercial wellness market.

I agree. 'Follow the money trail' is always a wise reminder. 

@Natasha

Life, death - they both are two sides of existence. The incoming breath is life, the outgoing breath is death. So it is not that you die someday, you are dying with every breath. That is why the Hindus have been counting life in breaths, they do not count life in years. Tantra, yoga, all the old Indian systems, they count life in breaths: how many breaths you are going to live. So they say if you breathe very fast, with too much breathing in a short time, you will die very soon. If you breathe very slowly and your breaths are less in an interval, you will live very long. And this is so.

If you go and observe animals, those animals whose breathing is very slow live long. Take the elephant: the elephant lives long; the breath is very slow. Then there is the dog: the dog dies soon; the breath is very fast. Whenever you find an animal in which the breath is fast, any animal, the animal will not have a long life. A long life is always with slow breath.

Osho ~ Vigyan Bhairav Tantra, Vol 1

If you sit in any structure in the shape of a pyramid, you will fall into deep silence and meditation without difficulty. And a dead body can be preserved in a pyramid-shaped grave; it will not in any way start stinking. It will remain fresh, as if it has just died this very moment.

Now pyramids are being used... small pyramids are being sold in the market; you sit underneath them, and they are health-giving. They don't do anything, just their shape reflects the rays of the sun in such a way that you get only the health-giving rays, and the other rays which are not health-giving are reflected back. The very shape is the cause.

People were wondering for centuries why these pyramids were made in such a shape. And the oldest pyramid is three thousand years old. It shows that the people of those times were aware that certain shapes -- of clothes, of buildings -- are healthful; some other shapes are not healthful.

The possibility is that if these pyramids are used widely, man's life can be prolonged. If it becomes a routine exercise for every child, in every home, in every school, in every college, life can be stretched up to three hundred years. Just one hour every day inside the pyramid, and you are not to do anything, just sit there. It is helpful in both ways: It will preserve your life, and that one hour of well-being will give you a deep feeling of meditation. The people who created the pyramids must have been mystics who had come to such a clarity, to see things which are not available to us.

Those pyramids were created by Egyptian mystics from very ancient scriptures from the continent, Atlantis, that drowned either by natural catastrophe or by man's stupidity. 

YAA-HOO! The Mystic Rose ~ Osho

@Prabhaker Swami said in the vid he eats no cooked food, only raw. He is sure one sharp-minded 100 yo whipper snapper. And his flexibility - he can fold his limbs like not many even 20 yo could... amazing. 

1 minute ago, Quantum Mike said:

But does he chomp on apricot kernels and spirulina??

I don't either. I rather prefer almonds and chlorella :) 

If he eats raw only, then no beans, sweet potatoes, and rice for him either ^_^

Are you a doctor, by chance? You seem to prefer/advocate conventional medicine over alternative one. 

i think YOU think youre the doctor in this situation.

dont confuse me with your fantasies/misconceptions about me

No fantasies, was just asking a yes/no question. 

Been thinking about going all raw, but it's hard when everyone around you eats meat. Slowly evolving towards no animal protein diet, though. Those are heavy foods to digest and as I get older, I don't want to start supplementing with digestive enzymes either. I home-make fermented cabbage (sauerkrout) for live probiotics and eat plenty raw foods rich in enzymes. Fresh raw juices are awesome too - ginger, carrots, pineapple, beets, celery, apples, etc - pure goodness. 

What is your daily diet like, besides beans, cabbage, sweet potatoes, and rice? 

41 minutes ago, Quantum Mike said:

You been listening to too much Lou corona.

He's using them as a stimulant by the looks of it.

Never heard of him, but will check it out, thanks.

Raw living foods = Biophotons (Activate DNA) = coherence/raise vibrations thus consciousness, ultimately.

Mainstream science has yet to catch-up but if you be your own scientist and experiment with your own body you will see for yourself and nothing anyone else says is going to matter because your body holds infinite intelligence and once you consume what nature intended you to consume in its natural form without changing its molecular structure or manipulating it in any way shape or form you become one with that natural intelligence, everything else flows naturally.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

12 hours ago, Quantum Mike said:

Start at 10:25

This Doctor says b17 from apricot kernels is a marketing scam.

I don't expect Tai Lopez to be bright enough to look for a citation. But people who are supposedly developed past orange stage not asking for solid evidence about these ideas?? That's just odd in my view.

I thought this was supposed to be post rational discussion here?

tai lopez is legitimate. i think making 100s of millions take a bit more than a dumbass. watch leos videos, true vs false skepticism and science vs religion

Edited by d0ornokey

3 hours ago, Quantum Mike said:

It wasn't a recommendation.  I was pointing out how you are making beliefs out of pre rational (fraudulent) pseudoscience.

This is magical thinking.  

Post rational still requires evidence and differentiates between rational and fraudulent thinking systems.

We USE our minds at this stage rather than being used BY it.

Well, if my having healed my cancer by activating my body's own healing abilities (and without much help from conventional cancer industry) is not enough evidence to you, then so it be. I do recognize benefits of modern conventional medicine where the benefit is due. However, if I'd taken chemo, radiation, Temoxefin, etc, I'd be either walking like a drugged-up zombie or dead by now (like many 'rational' cancer patients are). This is not  'magical' thinking, this is stage Yellow thinking - rising above the body-mind and treating it as a whole, where you don't 'fight' your 'ailment', you work with it lovingly. Cancer is actually a beautiful thing if you look at it from a Yellow stage perspective. Any awakened/enlightened being will tell you that. Peace.

@Natasha

You remind me of Jenny McCarthy who is adamant that vaccinations cause autism.

Her evidence is her son. That's all the evidence she needs. 

That's magical thinking 

Your butt monkey opinions don't interest me anymore. Peace.