Shane597

Starting My Blog Post

9 posts in this topic

So I have been educating myself so much lately and I have been debating on starting a blog post. I plan to be a counselor, but I am working as a direct care provider and I plan to work a social worker or something like that for my upcoming jobs. Do you think it would be wise to start a blog post at age 20? My only concern is that my world view and knowledge my turn off some people, possibly, and this may even prevent me from getting future jobs. Or it may attract a lot of people and change their outlook on their lives for the better and get me more jobs. 

Edited by Shane597

Your world view will always turn off some people no matter what kind of world view do you have, that's just reality.

I was 20 when I started. And I've coached people in their 50s. You just have to lead with value and prove your credulity with your content. Let your actions speak for themselves. People can generally see through a hoax. If you know what you're talking about, they'll listen despite how old you are.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

That seems to be the case when I post my content on facebook, older foks actually listen, thank you. I will influenced the world for the better through by my eruditious actions and wisdom. 

Edited by Shane597

@Siim Land  Thank you, the previous responds was for you as well!

Edited by Shane597

@Shane597 Sure, it can be a good learning experience. Don't think of it as the end-all-be-all. At your age you need experience with many aspects of life, including expressing yourself.

Don't make the blog about your personal views of life. Make it something more objective and useful to people. That way you aren't just ranting and blabbermouthing away like some radio talk show host. Try to offer people value in all your work rather than just serving your self, or creating an echo chamber for your ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Well, a meta source is the intent to the blog. My world view is very inclusive. Thanks!

Edited by Shane597

I was just about to make a post basically asking the exact same thing. My life purpose is to impact people as both as a high end endurance coach (specifically for runners) while adding on the element of life coaching. However, me being 22 years old, I too face the same issue regarding lack of credibility. However, I also lack other basic skill sets in helping people such as basic communication skills (I tend to ramble on and on and stutter, and am not calm clear, etc.). So what my idea was to start a blog. Creating value and gaining credibility by doing even more heavy research into both training and personal development and making posts that combine both elements. I want to do this because sports is so much of a mental game and not only that, I want people to be in touch with their sport almost on a spiritual level. I want it to be a tool that they can use to grow themselves. Again though, when people see/hear a 22 year old giving life advice (generally speaking), I tend to get people rolling their eyes thinking 'what does this 20 year old know about life?'

Lol, if you embody the wisdom from actulized.org, I gurantee you are way wiser in a lot of ways, but we still need experience, the older fokes will have that over you or I.@kieranperez