Mondsee

If There Is No Free Will, How Can I Decide To Surrender To The Idea That There Is No Free Will?

29 posts in this topic

@Mondsee My focus is on my health and state of mind, not controlling.  I allow thoughts to pass right on through. Non-thinking is a blissful state, relative to the earlier years of my life when I suffered needlessly (in hindsight). Non-thinking gives me more clarity, to make better choices, and enjoy each moment as much as I can. 

There is ample research, studies & scientific evidence to support for or against free will. That is because that is the very nature of choice. It is up to you to continue with assumption causation reaction, or to begin making choices for your life. I am suprized to hear that you meditate but don't experience clearing your mind of that causation and choosing what you really want. There's a recent Big Think that touches on this.  I'm happy to agree to disagree.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The source is the only thing that exists. Like a thought is made from the same stuff as the laptop in front of you is.  My point is there is no personal free will, there is no doer, no thinker of thoughts and no mover off the body. But yes you are source because source is the only thing there is, and it can do anything 

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

My focus is on my health and state of mind, not controlling.

If your focus is on your health and your state of mind, it doesn't matter how deliberate you think your decision of focusing on that is, it isn't your decision. If your intention, isn't to control, guess what? It isn't your intention.

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I allow thoughts to pass right on through. Non-thinking is a blissful state, relative to the earlier years of my life when I suffered needlessly (in hindsight). Non-thinking gives me more clarity, to make better choices, and enjoy each moment as much as I can. 

Ok, you seem to be contradicting yourself; do you allow thoughts to pass right on through, or do you not think at all?

In any case, if you allow thoughts to pass right on through, you couldn't do otherwise, and if you managed to do otherwise, again, it wouldn't be you doing it.

Now, if you don't think anything, that means you know complete stillness, nothingness, emptiness, and you are enlightened, in which case you wouldn't be claiming to have free will, because, who would have it anyways?

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There is ample research, studies & scientific evidence to support for or against free will. That is because that is the very nature of choice. It is up to you to continue with assumption causation reaction, or to begin making choices for your life.

What? Sorry, again I don't understand what you're trying to say with this.

Are you saying either I follow the logic of science or I make use of free will? Why would you even distinguish between those two paths? Just contemplate for a while on the fact that if there is no you, then there is no one to control anything, and leave science aside.

I'll watch that video tomorrow, I like that channel... but now, it's time for me to go to bed.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

@Mondsee Follow up question. What is your imagination?

Also, just pondering through some cardio...For a paradox to exist, there has to be two true things that don't coalesce. We both know ultimately all is one thing. So it must be that you see a paradox here because you can't make sense of / see the correlation between the two points. 

IMG_0816.JPG

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mondsee non duality teacher fred Davis has a good quote * fred Davis thought he was going to wake up to god, but god woke up to the fiction of fred davis*

@Nahm

It's rarely productive confronting dogmatic ideas and especially on the internet people won't concede anything. I can see the direction this discussion is going and to be aware of the snare.

I suspect you see it as well but just wanted to mention it,  peace.

Does it matter? Concepts will be concepts. Only being is true. As long as you believe something is true then it will be true for you. So does it help you, does it feel right? If not, why bother, it's just an idea.