MattP

Best Nootropics

11 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have been taking brain pills, (nootropics) for some time now. I have taking a liking to one product in particular. It is called "focus formula" and can be bought in stores. 

However I have experimented with a few other products but have not been impressed.

My life is very mentally demanding right now, and I need a mental boost. 

Can anyone give me some good recommendations for nootropics that have really worked well for you?

Some of these pills are really expensive, and I would like to get the opinion of some fellow "actualized.org" members before purchasing more.

Like the rest of you on this forum, I am on the path to self actualization, and I would really appreciate some feedback.

Hope you all are having a great day!

I prefer herbs but "Matcha" Green Tea has been giving me some promising results lately. Rhodiola Rosea is another good one as well as Lion's Mane Mushroom.

B R E A T H E

Based on my experience, i think most of them are a complete waste of money.

Last month i did a 30-day trial of 5-htp (100mg), tyrosine (1000mg) + fish oil (2000mg), bvitamin complex per day. I watched videos and read online articles where people said their depressions were cured from taking these.

I got prescribed anti-depressants from psychiatrist. Told the doctor to shove the prescription up his ass and went my own route.

After the month was over, I didn't really feel any different. It's now been 5 days without them and still don't feel any different. Although I'm still taking the omega3s and bvits because the jars had much more pills in them.

I honestly think that if you eat a healthy whole foods diet, drink enough water, get plenty of exercise, sunshine, fresh air and you are living your life purpose, there's no need for supplements or drugs of any kind.

Not quite there yet but that is my ideology and I intend to get enlightened and become a millionaire and save humanity from itself :)

@Lord Bwyra I love the way you think.

The supplements I am after are ones that will keep me sharp, focused, organized and efficient. 

Unfortunately, like many other people, I am a slave to society. At this point my path to enlightment has disappeared. I am lost. I was hoping to find something that is clinically proven to boost mental power so I can function at the highest level possible without pursuing enlightenment. It's not that I don't want to, It's just that I have fallen off the enlightenment train, and it has left me behind. I could give lots of excuses, but you know what they say about excuses.

I have already heard from several people that these supplements don't truly work. I still think that some do help; but I have came to the realization that there is no miracle pill.

What I really need now is a kick in the ass to get back on the track to enlightenment.

Just sucks that I don't have the patience, discipline, and will to better myself right now.

I am the only one to blame for this, and I am the one who controls my life. Just have to really want to make a change... Maybe tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Matt, I really enjoyed reading your post because the words could've easily come from me. And I think many people will feel the same. So keep writing and engaging and sharing your life and opening your heart and mind. That is a start in the right direction. You are already on the right path my friend. There is a lot of wisdom and opportunity in what you have written and I hope you can read it to yourself as an outsider who is looking at you because that outsider is your higher self. We are all here on this great forum Leo has built, coming together to share and push each other and be the ones to say, enough bullshit, time to get serious. Or get some support when we are just noble warriors seeking shelter from the storm.

I would forget about supplements and these artificial quick-fix boosts and even what the studies say. Become your own clinic! And only study things that will really take humanity and society (ie. you) to the next level. Long term. Life purpose. That's what Leo's course is all about (i just started it and it's incredible). Not some fad marketing gimmicks. Maybe they help some people temporarily but I also see people taking all kinds of pills and potions so they can continue their shitty life and not go insane and not drive trucks into crowds of strangers. They secretly hate their wives and jobs and their depression is their greatest friend, desperately trying to tell them to not live like this. Yet the doctors don't care, they just give them some pills so they can go back to the factory and grind away for another day without the suffering. Those doctors hate their jobs too and probably take even more meds to stay sane and to be able to practice such low level medicine. Who would practice medicine this way?

Of course we have all these "health food" alternative shops now opening up everywhere selling something that's seemingly lighter and more ecological. Maybe it is but one has to be careful here to not be misled. I'm afraid it's all just a scam. Even veganism, organic, yoga, etc have become multi-billion dollar industries, often making empty promises. The problem with that is, those things are free and don't need special expensive packages. People get too attached to labels and ideologies and start seeing the forest for the trees and lose sight of what matters.

True health and happiness and success and love is not expensive as long as there are libraries and trees and beautiful animals and people around. If I was king, those things would be free and required for all citizens on earth. When those basics are not met, we get big problems and very angry humans roaming around the planet grumpily with bitterness and violence and revenge in their hearts. The mind become a fog and the body follows and... well, just look around.

Right now me and you are talking here on our fancy expensive computers and lightning speed internets. But the brotherhood is free. These words are exchanged in the spirit of unconditional love, gratitude and service. Right? I pretty much gave up my left nut for Leo's course to be able to pay for it, but it didn't feel like I paid anything because what he is doing is priceless. That money was just a gesture to show my support and respect for him so he can continue doing what he does.

Btw, I'm not perfect yet either except in the process of how my life has unfolded, which is always perfection because how else could things be as they are now? It's taken me forever to see what works and doesn't. I learn slow. I'm stubborn. My demons sometimes take control. The inner child cries for mommy and everyone to just do as i say. Waawaawaa!!

Today is one of those days when I'm questioning many choices. Just had a coffee and I loved it. Feel so focused and clear now. It's a drug though. Last night I had wine and potato chips and went to bed feeling sick and asking myself why I put poisons into my body. I've had periods where I'm totally clean but inside I was suffering so much I became blind and my old ways sucked me back in so that pseudo-cleanliness was a trap. I feel like life has anal raped me with a mountain and I'm finally learning that the mountain was me all along.

Anyways, just keep on inflitrating and immersing yourself in TRUTH (that which is and doesn't need studies to be proven because it can only be experienced). Gravitate towards this truth and learn how to identify it in everything you do whether it's eating, talking, thinking, breathing, jerking off or taking a walk. Let truth kill you and then live as a nobody who is like a chameleon, only create identities which will serve your greater purpose in life and the one we all share. This process will guide us home to here and now.

This is all part of the process, the master's path. We are still young and foolish. Well, I'm 34, but I really feel like a teenager. That's a good and bad thing I suppose :)

I'm hungrier than ever to grow tall and find people like the ones here to build a new army with and conquer the world with love and hope and beauty and understanding and forgiveness and healthy dose of madness. You know, all that jesus/buddha shit... Those guys would be locked up and institutionalised if they were alive now!

I better go meditate now before I start tripping on my own kool-aid :D

Wow! I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much for that post. That is just what I needed. 

The majority of people around me do not encourage me to seek out the truth, or pursue enlightenment. I've heard things like, "those videos aren't helping you, so quit wasting your time." Sometimes I believe them. I mean, they are right in a sense. You can watch as many videos, or read as many books as you want, all day long, but if you don't practice what the books and videos are telling you to do, they are pointless. I have had difficulty with the practicing part.

I really appreciate your wise words, and thank you for giving me some encouragement to get back on the right track.

On 6/26/2017 at 6:48 PM, Siim Land said:

You can get a lot of cognitive support from mostly natural supplements, like GABA, Ashwaganda, Ultracholine (or eat eggs). Other than that, I take DMEA sometimes but nothing else atm.

Why GABA?

https://examine.com/supplements/gaba/

It seems like very little of it will be absorbed into the brain. Therefore being pointless.

Or did you mean some precursor of GABA?

Hey, for all who still looking and asking about nootropics. I would recommend you to try it. I know its hard, becouse you dont know what is it. I want to sell, its 100% healthy and really helpfull, you can find them here : https://nootropicboost.com. You should try it!