Will

Self Actualisation? Nope Thats Not It.. :)

13 posts in this topic

I want to raise a concept..

We know, nothing, cant know anything (existentially)

Judgement about anything is pretty much pointless...

Im toying with the notion that being the best you can be is another form of egoic grasping..

One upmanship,, "im more enlightened than you" or I study things seriously" or " I have a better understanding than you"

What if nothing matters..

In an infinite world, that could have all possibilities, this could be a certain contender..

If nothing mattered that would render all judgements , including actualisation, pointless..

Hear me out.. 

Im not trying to say dont do anything or try ect.. Im saying really come to terms with the idea that nothing matters, and move forward consciously down any path you like free of any kind of judgement..

Whats my premise here..

If the god head does not know where it came from or why its here, it stand to reason that everything is basically an exploration..

the god head is destined to act out every single act no matter what. and in order for the universe to be infinite. it needs to..

Just knowing we are everything is not enough.. its just the beginning.. Its a bit full on to think about and can seem a bit like purgatory, but I guess thats why its so hard to face..

Its pretty clear we cant know what we are or why we are here or any of that.. Infinity is just too big..

I guess there is some solace that we just dont know what path we are living out though..

Soo, what to do..

Well there is only one thing we can do..

Be grateful for everything..

Give up pretending we are ever going to get somewhere..

Then the very next decision you make let it be free of intellect and judgement.. I think this just adds to our already insurmountable illusions..

Oh and the title was on purposely click baitish..

Hope you enjoyed this. :)

@Nahm Not sure I understand?? 

My point is you and i can do anything we please.. But it means nothing and leads nowhere.. so your free to do anything consciously.. Just for explorations sake..

Is that what you mean?

Lets get things clear. What you say is completely true, there is no absolute thing to know or to be achieved. This is true for non-duality, it won't take you anywhere on an intellectual level, because it is without thought and can only be lived without it. You are in the here and now, you let things go naturally without really thinking about them, then there is no need for better achievement. All IS already present! However since we don't live in non-duality, most if not all of our society is living in the duality of thinking. This is the realm of choice, perspective on good or bad, a possibility to make something better or worse, creating or destroying, following the dreams by doing what you think and say or always putting it further in you agenda.

Actualizing is here to learn how to improve living in the duality, understanding what non-duality is and how we transform it for the better. If you feel it doesn't help you, then it won't! But if you find passion and joy in understanding yourself, others and getting some big picture to put things into perspective then your in the right place. The choice is up to you!

Personally I don't buy into all that theory myself.  Some of the enlightenment theory resonates with me and some does not.  There are better and worse paths for you otherwise doing life-purpose work would be pointless.  You do wanna come up with a life plan and then execute on it.  What's hard is you don't really know yourself fully or what causes happiness fully without some study and self-discovery.  I don't buy into a lot of the philosophy that the Buddhists preach, only some.  Truth may not always be crystal-clear, but you can orient your planning in better ways than others.  And from a practical standpoint, there are better and worse ways to go about actualizing your goals when you do find them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yes, life purpose and self-actualization are (99 times out of 100) very ego-driven pursuits. People don't get into these big interests by feeling that they are enough. Self-actualization is just another form of grasping and running away from the truth. However, if you're drawn to it, you should do it and do it with awareness and intensity. You have to let the river go where it flows. And the only way out is through. So, conversely, self-actualization is antithetical to enlightenment but is also part of the path. But self-actualizers and goal setters are even further away from enlightenment than the average person. But they are closer to going full circle too. Self-actualizers are more likely to come full circle than the average person. There is no point to anything here, and it's beautiful if you have the eyes to see it. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Principium Nexus Yeah I totally agree, Im not saying actualisation is not functional. All karma has consequences, But we have very little way of knowing totally what those consequences are.. it is at best an estimation..

There are countless examples of people trying to live out GOOD lives and in fact there actions have become the very evil they have set out to destroy..

Hitler wanted a sterile race because he thought it was poisoning the earth, christians want peace and love but became hypocrytic liars and abusers..

What do you think are going to be the consequences of actualization extremists?? who knows..

Seems there is letting go of all and being truly in a state of wonder and uknowing and true gratitude and that then releases us from forcing an outcome that just makes things worse..

I guess the trick is how to let go?? How to live like we know nothing, like we are in infinity, that we cant know where we are going, that we cant even pretend we have some control over it..

@Joseph Maynor Fair enough, I dont want to come across like I know something.. I was just wandering along and I saw this fear lurking around inside me.. So I am investigating it..

Some part of me finds it uncomfortable , i guess because we dont like to feel we could not be in control, but another part of me thinks well, if thats how it really is, no point fussing, which actually helps me to just appreciate more..

Look Ive clearly had to work to get to this realisation, but at the same time it was spontaneous.. I think anyone could have this but the chances they would actually look at it are very low unless they are open to it..

who knows, maybe there is more to realise.. but what i think got me here was a willingness to be open , let go of what I know, accept for what is , being in the moment and questioning how infinite our existance is..

There could be thousands of ways to reach this state.. i.e. after a major life trauma (kids dying) , it could be actualisation or it could be spontaneous..

@Emerald

5 hours ago, Emerald said:

You have to let the river go where it flows

I like this.. I would add, you've never been down this river and you have no idea what is coming. There is definitely some here that think they do or can.. 

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

it's beautiful if you have the eyes to see it.

Yep, everything is beautiful. x

So you are saying that you are all about the no judgement...ok...

Wait what.... nothing matters and it's all pointless illusion?

That's judgment....

...and we don't know and can't know anything?

More judgment....

...you even presume to know what the "god head" knows or doesn't know?

Woah absolute judgment...

So.... no judgment....yea

Edited by SOUL

@Will Leo has a video on Balance, its key to everything in life! Extremism is bad in any area, they lose sight and indeed wander away from what they want to achieve. A little from everything right? :)

By the way, how to let go and live peacefully? Follow your heart, this is your real brain and reflects you are in sync with all around. Hitler did these things from fear, he was bullied and took revenge if I may say that. He clearly did not follow his heart, purely ego driven.

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Principium Nexus

1 hour ago, Principium Nexus said:

he was bullied and took revenge

Ok whats before being bullied.. a desire for equality.. Love.. a desire for purity, love.. I reckon any fear can be derived from love ..

1 hour ago, Principium Nexus said:

He clearly did not follow his heart

Of course he followed his heart.. he really honestly thought the world would be better off for all.. Just like when we all weed our gardens.. we think getting rid of weeds is better..

Flip that on its head... Pretty much every mortal That declared themselves good is doing something that backfires and becomes destruction of some sort..

point is... its not important to get involved in good or bad debate... there is only the now and we really dont ever know how our actions are going to eventually turn out.. yeah sure we have a fair idea. but in the mid term we just have no clue...

@Will Spot on, you are right there is no good or bad. It's all matter of perspective, as long as we survive we are living good, since thats the act of beint alive, not getting killed.

Outside from that its all up to the person, he can do whatever he wants, but if others agree that its correct is their problem.

How to let go one should find out themselves, there is no one path.