Never_give_up

Is acceptance the key to reduce suffering?

3 posts in this topic

I accepted many things this year:

There are many people smarter than me

I am not special

I won't do anything important in life (something that will change the future of humanity)

I won't do the things I want in life cause I wasn't born for them, my mental capacity isn't enough for the things I would enjoy if I had the mental capacity

It will take many years to develop myself to find a girlfriend

I can't be top at something, we are 8 billion and I am just one.

I can't stand much pain and I am a coward: In short I am feminine in many aspects and traits

There are people that are stronger, more beautiful, funnier than me.

I am unnatractive at least for now.

 

Don't confuse this with doing nothing. I still do art, workout, socialise and learning japanese, try to eat healthy. This is not about giving up. This is about moving forward without the pressure of things I can't control. This is about realism not pessimism. This is about radical acceptance that will reduce suffering.

What are things you have accepted in life? Is acceptance the key to reduce suffering? I feel relieved that I accepted many things in life, but there is still some small part in my soul that I haven't accepted all of them completely. Should I go for radical acceptance and accept what I wrote fully or it's a wrong approach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have it inverted.  The person trying to convince you that you are not special is a fraud.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro you are very hard on yourself. 

And you have a LOT of potential.


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 66-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now