Majed

I finally understand what religion is!

44 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Leo Gura Why would you create religion as God?  

because god values free will, and some beings believe they benefit from being seeing as gods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bashar said:

when/why did they unban you brother? how's proserpina?

Banned for asking the hard questions?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Leo Gura Why would you create religion as God?  

To dream without any fear of waking up.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Banned for asking the hard questions?  

Naughty naughty. I hope you know better now.

Edited by Bashar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bashar said:

Naughty naughty

Yes, consistency seems to much to ask for.  But I try.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The protective mechanisms of the dream are very intelligent, like the script of a great movie that makes you so enmeshed in it that you don't want it to end.

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Religion is God for people with very low IQ.

The religious are the most reckless and irreligious.

No one serious takes religion seriously.

That's so accurate!

Religious people are often the least educated about their own religion. If they studied it seriously, all their beliefs would crumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jirh said:

That's so accurate!

Religious people are often the least educated about their own religion. If they studied it seriously, all their beliefs would crumble.

But why get hung up on this?  Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But why get hung up on this?  Who cares?

At least 80% of the general population is religious. That's the majority of people. The elephant in the room. Why would you ignore that?

I can't ignore religious people even if I try. And believe me I tried. They just pop up unsolicited at your door and in gatherings, basically everywhere.

Edited by Jirh
fixed percentage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jirh said:

At least 80% of the general population is religious. That's the majority of people. The elephant in the room. Why would you ignore that?

I can't ignore religious people even if I try. And believe me I tried. They just pop up unsolicited at your door and in gatherings.

I'm not offended by religious people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm not offended by religious people.  

I'm annoyed by them. The way they think they understand anything at all when all they do is parrot another parrot. Not an ounce of independent thinking, and on top of that an absolute claim on truth. It's too obnoxious. It's like a kindergartner throwing a tantrum at a college professor.

Edited by Jirh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jirh said:

I'm annoyed by them. The way they think they understand anything at all when all they do is parrot another parrot. Not an ounce of independent thinking, and on top of that an absolute claim on truth. It's too obnoxious. It's like a kindergartner throwing a tantrum at a college professor.

But that is their trip.  You can't take on everyone's issues in life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

But that is their trip.  You can't take on everyone's issues in life.

Sure. But I'm not going to pretend that they don't exist or that their company is enjoyable.

It seems like you haven't suffered from them. How often do you hangout with religious people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jirh said:

Sure. But I'm not going to pretend that they don't exist or that their company is enjoyable.

It seems like you haven't suffered from them. How often do you hangout with religious people?

I don't mind religious people.  I don't get into that with them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stand religious people, they're like rabid dogs. Dysangelists

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until you live in an almost entirely ethnically homogeneous country with a national identity depending on religious identity and a state religion, especially a Christian one.

Your mind will get raped there if your not careful.

You wouldn't want anything to do with most people.

If they found out you aren't Christian, they would feel betrayed and think you no longer belong to the nation.

Basically, a large cult.

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't mind religious people.  I don't get into that with them.  

But you mind non-religious people who mind religious people. You get into that with us.

The irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jirh said:

But you mind non-religious people who mind religious people. You get into that with us.

The irony.

Actually I realize I am creating all of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Actually I realize I am creating all of it.  

What makes you think you're special in this regard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now