Olaf

limiting beliefs

7 posts in this topic

What are the best ways to overcome limiting beliefs? I believe neutralising is very powerful, you have a statement and instead of saying the worst, the most awful, complete shit blablabla, like closing it off. Instead of that saying I don't know, I am not sure, not 100% sold. But ultimately that can't completly get rid of it. The biggest shift in my limiting belief one time was when I went all in, I went all in and was like, I either ruin my reputation, die doing this or I will succeed like no one else. That made actually take couragous action and shift lanes. But I would love to hear from you guys what you think is the best way to overcome limiting beliefs, as I still have a ton.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First you need to identify your limiting beliefs. Then you should contemplate about each one. Is that true? Is that absolutely true?

Meditation really helps with clarity of what’s happening in your mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bob proctor has videos titled paradigms. check that out. bob proctor's video of paradigms is a nice way to get out of mental conditions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Becoming conscious of them, understanding them, having empathy for why you chose them in the first place, finding what’s true within and then living by what’s true, choosing to embrace the unknown. We only continue to choose a limiting belief after we have seen through it as false because on some level we delude ourselves into believing it is somehow still helping us. So you have to be responsible for what you believe and why you believe it and hold it up to the light of truth to see if it’s true for you. These lies may have helped us at one point when we didn’t know any better but we can choose differently now. That’s really what all painful emotions culminate in. They are guiding you back to a belief and then from there you can make a choice. Set aside perfection. Do not turn this teaching into another proving ground of self worth. 

Edited by Lyubov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Heaven yes I think that is good, but I feel that there can be harsher ways of overcoming a limiting belief that is like BAM it changes your life, because it changes your action you know. But maybe that was just a one time thing for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Olaf one way is through direct feedback. You believe you can't do a thing for example, you try it and find that you can. A lot of limiting beliefs are just narratives running around in our heads. Find ways to change the narratives and your limiting beliefs change with them. Questioning your narratives is the way to start. There's a bunch of techniques for that.

The harder nut to crack is if you have an embodied reaction that stops you from achieving, such as traumas or phobias. But there are also ways to overcome those, such as exposure therapy or CBT or disconnecting the triggers of those physical responses (NLP). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now