TheBG

Leo Conformity

8 posts in this topic

I often wonder what percentage of people on the forum believe they understand God but conform to Leo's experience as a higher authority. Taking it on as truth without direct experience because, after listening or reading what Leo has to say for hundreds of hours, it "just makes sense"

Then they start to see the world in a similar light to Leo, without ever getting there themselves. 

Note: I am not the exception

I bring this up because although I have had enlightenment experiences and awakenings, including a solipsism awakening (I am happy to dive into what chain of events led to all of that, but that's not the main point of this post), I have NEVER taken a psychedelic. I don't know how much deeper there is to go, but another part of me feels as though I don't need to go any deeper. I know Peter Ralston does not use psychedelics. I don't follow his work deeply atm. I will dive into him deeper, but I feel as though I have had more of a Ralston experience so far, rather than what Leo talks about specifically. However, through my own experience combined with Leo's information, it's as though my perspective on things leans more towards Leo than purely how Ralston sees things. I don't see Leo as the ultimate Authority of my mind, but I can't help but admire his commitment to this path and all of the deep information he shares in contrast to others.

What amount of this is conforming vs. contemplation and direct experience? I guess only I am to know.

However, if I had a true God awakening, then I don't think I would occasionally put myself under such doubt... but then again, maybe this doubt is healthy. Maybe I only doubt because I take Leo seriously, so I would like to experience 5meo to see what that is like, vs. what I have had... It's like everything in me is saying, "You get it :)" because I really feel as though I do... but then a little voice says, "Do you really?"

Edited by TheBG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post. 

 

I find the difference between teachers like Ralston and Leo is what they will speak about. Leo has helped to give me a framework/map of what's possible and i actually appreciate that he "gives all the answers", but Ralston, who i've worked with directly for a while now and read all his books, really rips you down to the bare bones of your direct experience. And this has led me to what i would call genuine awakening, otherwise i was lost in concepts and beliefs about the truth and there is a difference there.

 

Ralstons approach is quite unique, it takes longer and is less comforting, but is extremely powerful and makes it "yours". In the end though, even he needs to go, there should be no authority outside your consciousness when it comes to Truth. 

 

I agree with you about psychedelics, personally i think they are garbage for serious consciousness work, life is already the psychedelic and to me they are cheap glimpses that are sometimes even innacurate. 

 

I don't think solopsism is the case, if you mean it in the sense that others are not having a conscious expereince, i think that is delusional


Pursue Reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it's a problem inherent to this work.

The only solution is to have deep direct experiences of God.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

I agree with you about psychedelics, personally i think they are garbage for serious consciousness work, life is already the psychedelic and to me they are cheap glimpses that are sometimes even innacurate. 

Curious. Is this coming from a place of having tested 5meo and others, or a similar feeling of not knowing if you need them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One should entertain the ideas, without taking it on as belief.

Yet most humans can't help themselves but to take even the most pure teachings as hearsay/belief.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

agree with you about psychedelics, personally i think they are garbage for serious consciousness work, life is already the psychedelic and to me they are cheap glimpses that are sometimes even innacurate. 

It depends of the use. For me, they were fundamental at a time when I was dealing with deep emotional blockages that were impossible for me to understand or dismantle on my own.

Without 5-MeO-DMT, LSD, thc and mushrooms, I wouldn't have been able to grasp what those blockages were or how they were keeping me trapped. I don't use any psychedelics now. Well sometimes a single puff of weed or 5ug of LSD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheBG yes you are talking about when the student becomes the master. Or, when the student is ready the teacher disappears.

Leo is better to conform to than most things in society but eventually you have to let go of his hand. 

Good point that you bring up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now