Olaf

spiritual bypassing examples

21 posts in this topic

I am spiritual, money is an illusion

I am spiritual, I attract, I don't chase

I am spiritual, and will attract whatever I need

I am spiritual, I need to lent 50 euros

I am spiritual, I don't approach it is low conscious

I am spiritual, I don't go to the toilet

I am spiritual, working on your career is not necessary, be present instead

I am spiritual, sex with me will make you enlightened

I am spiritual, I am the decider of the universe

I am spiritual, you all are unconscious apes

I am spiritual, making allot of money is unconscious

I am spiritual, nothing is real, so I do whatever I want

I am spiritual, if I only change my energy all my dreams come true

I am spiritual, you peasant materialists, I am above that on a higher dimension

I am spiritual, I vibe that is what I do for a living

I am spiritual, when I am just present enough, just a little more present, my life changes completly, just a little more present

I am spiritual, money is the devil, I rather smoke incense

I am spiritual, so you can't tell me anything about this world, as I am it, I know best

I am spiritual, I am everything, if I die or live is my choice, I got all the power

I am spiritual, sex is the devil, money is evil and materialists are unconscious apes, I am much better off in my camper van singing "Om Namah Shivaya"

I could go on for an hour, but I think I provided enough ragebait for you guys today, maybe tomorrow xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting and commenting on forums. 

Edited by enchanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I am spiritual, sex with me will make you enlightened

That one is self-deception, but I wouldn't really categorize it as spiritual bypassing.

Spiritual bypassing is a specific self-deception where you use spiritual claims to avoid truth.


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These examples seem to invoke several distinct concepts, not just spiritual bypassing.

Spiritual bypassing is about using spirituality to bypass legitimate problems that don't belong to the field of spirituality.

For example, money problems will not be solved by more meditation. Health problems will not be solved by deeper contemplations. Relationship problems will not be solved by longer retreats.

Now, there are rare occurrences in which the above examples are wrong, hence the spiritual bypassing fallacy is born. Because sometimes spirituality can solve the problems above. For example, meditation can bring more clarity into one's spending habits or more insight into increasing income. Sometimes working harder is less useful than working smarter, and meditation can increase intelligence in some cases.

So it is important to see this and not discard all of spiritual work just because traps exist. God has indirect ways of showing grace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't an ultimate truth or a certain way reality needs to go.....there isn't a right or wrong path.

Spiritual bypassing is simply a concept within the matrix or dream story.

One could bypass all they want because nothing ultimately matters!!!!


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

One could bypass all they want because nothing ultimately matters!!!!

But you don’t live your life and behave in it as if nothing matters. Right ?


“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VeganAwake you just added the biggest spiritual bypassing statement on this list, thank you xD

Edited by Olaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

there isn't a right or wrong path.

I suggest that every path that leads to health is right and every path that leads to defect is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Someone here said:

But you don’t live your life and behave in it as if nothing matters. Right ?

Somebody's behavior has nothing to do with nothing ultimately mattering.


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Olaf said:

@VeganAwake you just added the biggest spiritual bypassing statement on this list, thank you xD

The matrix says your welcome 🙏 


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There isn't an ultimate truth or a certain way reality needs to go.....there isn't a right or wrong path.

Spiritual bypassing is simply a concept within the matrix or dream story.

One could bypass all they want because nothing ultimately matters!!!!

I agree. Or as Aurelius put it: the obstacle becomes the way. The spiritual bypassing done at one stage becomes the stepping stone to the next higher stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, enchanted said:

The spiritual bypassing done at one stage becomes the stepping stone to the next higher stage. 

I get what you mean.

What's being said is, there are no real higher/lower stages or right or wrong spiritual paths.

So in that sense, the concept of spiritual bypassing is totally irrelevant.


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What's being said is, there are no real higher/lower stages or right or wrong spiritual paths.

I suggest that every spiritual path that leads to truth is right and every spiritual path that leads to delusion is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jirh said:

I suggest that every spiritual path that leads to truth is right and every spiritual path that leads to delusion is wrong.

Who decides what's truth or delusion?


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Who decides what's truth or delusion?

Health decides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jirh said:

Health decides.

Who decides what health is? Are we talking health or spiritual bypassing? Can one be healthy without being spiritual? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am spiritual. I don't care about dating


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Somebody's behavior has nothing to do with nothing ultimately mattering.

It has everything to do with it . What’s the value of repeating “‘ nothing ultimately matters “ all the time, when in your actual approach to life, you live as though things like survival, comfort , happiness etc matter to you ? 
it’s not what you blabber that has any relevance. It’s your actual lifestyle day to day , 

there is no value whatsoever to the statement “nothing ultimately matters” except being used as an excuse for escaping negative experiences and emotions. 


“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now