SmartMonkey

Nonviolent Communication book, which one?

22 posts in this topic

I remember Leo talking about two Nonviolent Communication books, and saying one was good and the other was bad. Does anyone remember which video this was in? If not, has anyone read books on this topic and can recommend one? The one by Marshall Rosenberg seems to be the most popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SmartMonkey Yes Marshall Rosenberg is the original source material.


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic book. I hope you find value in it :x


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I trust people more who don't have a persona of being non-violent honestly.  

Read it.


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Show me a non-violent person.  

The title of the book, is a misnomer. You are hung up on it.

Your loss ! 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Natasha Tori Maru said:

The title of the book, is a misnomer. You are hung up on it.

Your loss ! 

I'll read it on your insistance.  I kinda take books and teachers with a grain of salt these days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joseph Maynor it's more of a study of language and how we use it really. How we compress it for communication and collapse the nuance of expression due to colloquialism. Even if you do not agree with much of it, the interesting treatment of language will be curious to you (I think, anyway. I am possibly not a good judge of what piques your interest !!!)


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing language more and more as a problem of use of power with lots of hypocrisy in it.  This does not mean I reject consuming meaning anymore, but I am very skeptical.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altering another person's written language seems borderline violent to me, just as one example.  Even though this can be concealed and fly under the radar oftentimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Altering another person's written language seems borderline violent to me, just as one example.  Even though this can be concealed and fly under the radar oftentimes.

This can't be done covertly on this forum. If a moderator alters your post you will see a tag stating it was edited by said mod.


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

This can't be done covertly on this forum. If a moderator alters your post you will see a tag stating it was edited by said mod.

It's happened to me here many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's happened to me here many times.

Without the tag? 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Without the tag? 

I've had many posts altered to make my statements seem incoherent or to adjust something that forces me to edit, delete, or re-post.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

This can't be done covertly on this forum. If a moderator alters your post you will see a tag stating it was edited by said mod.

Anything can be done on these forums.  This is not the first forum where I have experienced having my language altered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why are you being so defensive here?

Misinterpretation of me

Quote

Anything can be done on these forums. This is not the first forum where I have experienced having my language altered.

Be sure.

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two books? I don't remember a second one.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now