barry

Weird Sensation After Strong Determination Sittings

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am doing sometime once in a while, a strong determination sitting, 1 hour long. Some days I do it even twice a day. After I meditate for that hour, I feel actually very weird for at least 10-15 minutes, it doesn't happen on my regular meditation schedule of daily 15 minutes, but it does when I meditate usually I think, more than 40 minutes.

What happens in those weird 10-15 minutes is that I feel completely deprived of thought, I litterally can't think of anything, can't bother of anything, and I don't even feel the need of doing anything, i feel just like I want to go back to meditation, sometimes I even did that, I got back to meditation, the first times it happened, I began to turn on the pc, play videogames, read book, do something, but after the third or fourth time I began to just lay on my bed, and watch the roof, and do nothing, because I felt like "I don't need nothing, except myself, and meditation", I can still remember that feeling in my body, I can collocate that In my forehead, and that's weird... 

Can you relate to this? Is this ok? Do you have any advice about what to do after meditation? (like after you workout in the gym you go to eat proteins :D)

27 minutes ago, barry said:

Do you have any advice about what to do after meditation?

Celebrate! With music and dance express whatsoever is there. Carry your aliveness with you throughout the day.

@barry Hey Barry, sounds like your ego disappears for 10-15 minutes. Great start! It should increase over time with practice. Stick with it!

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Celebrate! With music and dance express whatsoever is there. Carry your aliveness with you throughout the day.

@Prabhaker Definitely not Osho Dynamic Meditation... xD

By the way, I think that your monkey mind just gave up after 10-15 minutes. Experienced this, I combine SDS with Do Nothing though. It's normal and awesome. I can agree with @cetus56, keep it up!

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@barry Yup, I can relate. I felt like that a lot of times after my 15 minute meditation sessions and whenever I feel that, I just enjoy it and keep simply sitting till I think my knees can't take that much long of a sitting or till someone disturbs me (which happens sometimes bcuz no one in my house knows that I meditate ;)).

That experience is one of the few things that keep me stick to my meditation routine.

Edited by Seeker_of_truth

Thank you all for the answers :)

I'll keep practicing

Edited by barry

Do it for 2 hours of more now, add 30 minutes each time you want to challenge yourself.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them