Anton Roos

Sending Foolish Texts

5 posts in this topic

I don't understand why, but sometimes I just send the most idiotic texts to my significant other and only afterwards realise how needy or how dramatic it sounds. I don't understand why I do this. I would like to come to the root of the problem and work on it.

It could be my fear of losing her, even after I watched the video on how to deal with breakups a few times I still feel the fear of losing this girl. She is just so perfect, everything that I am looking for in a woman. Sharp intellect, strong life purpose good direction. Our morals and values align. 

I want to work hard on this relationship, I am making such horrible decisions. I went on about 50 dates before I found her, the one that I think is the most compatible.

13 hours ago, Anton Roos said:

...I want to work hard on this relationship, I am making such horrible decisions...

Don't work on it. You are trying to make it work your way.

Relationship is about relating to the other. Just relate to her and let her relate to you. Keep it simple.

14 hours ago, Anton Roos said:

I don't understand why, but sometimes I just send the most idiotic texts to my significant other and only afterwards realise how needy or how dramatic it sounds. I don't understand why I do this. I would like to come to the root of the problem and work on it.

Because you are needy and attached to her.

Maybe you unconsciously know that by doing what you're doing you're accomplishing some fragile way of manipulation. You could be just making up drama to distract yourself as well. If it's the first one it won't last or the relationship will be unhealthy.

If you really want to have her I'd recommend actually working on yourself rather than working really hard on the relationship. Improve yourself, be passionate about what you do and you will naturally be more attractive. Work on doing your best every day and being an inspiring person and partner. She can be just a plus in your life, even if it might be a plus you really like to have.

Also stop idolizing her. That's just bonkers. It is imo a way of giving you an excuse to not act as greatly. A way of procrastinating. "Oh look she's so amazing and awesome, if only I could be like that but I can't". That is just an excuse. Of course you might not be as good immediately but still you can get there. She's just a human being and if she's more developed than you are then either work on yourself or break up and develop yourself to be able to someone similar.

Also study relationships. Read just one or two good books and you'll get a lot better understanding of your situation.

These are just suggestion my ideas, hope they help.

Let them come to you. If you keep sending the message it become needy or unreceived. Eventually you just talk to yourself. 

I read ester hicks suggest to write in one book your feelings. Now read it to yourself and rewrite it how your partner would want to hear it instead of how you feel it yourself.