Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFRL

Walking

10 posts in this topic

Who else makes it a habit to walk places as much as they can? 

I think it makes a big difference in the long run. 

@SFRL I would like to walk to the places that I need to go. Walking is healthy! I live in a very rural type area so I can't walk to many of the places that I have to go. I can walk but by the time I reach my destination, ill be drenched in sweat because everything is so spread out here. 

www.hersandhislove.com

2 hours ago, sheenp24 said:

@SFRL I would like to walk to the places that I need to go. Walking is healthy! I live in a very rural type area so I can't walk to many of the places that I have to go. I can walk but by the time I reach my destination, ill be drenched in sweat because everything is so spread out here. 

Same. I miss being able to walk. I used to live in San Diego with no car and walked everywhere. 

nothing is anything

@eskwire I heard San Diego is a nice place; I have a friend that stays there and constantly tells me to visit. I probably wouldn't know what to do in a big city like that and by that I mean that I'd be completely lost!

www.hersandhislove.com

I love walking and I walk on average 1.5 hours a day. It's therapeutic, a great way to get more movement in your day, a time to listen to audiobooks and be mindful. Although I could easily walk for a lot longer, I will limit it to 2 hours. First, not to waste time on it that much and to get other stuff done. And second, not to adapt to it physiologically that much. I do use a standing work station but I will next incorporate a treadmill station to be productive and get in more steps simultaneously.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

2 hours ago, Siim Land said:

I love walking and I walk on average 1.5 hours a day. It's therapeutic, a great way to get more movement in your day, a time to listen to audiobooks and be mindful. Although I could easily walk for a lot longer, I will limit it to 2 hours. First, not to waste time on it that much and to get other stuff done. And second, not to adapt to it physiologically that much. I do use a standing work station but I will next incorporate a treadmill station to be productive and get in more steps simultaneously.

I do use a standing desk at home and at work, but I was considering a treadmill as well. I still cannot believe it's feasible. I mean I cannot imagine typing while walking. But I guess it's possible, since I've heard some stories from folks. 

7 hours ago, Siim Land said:

Yeah walking can be consuming a lot of time. But I figure if I don't walk I may still do the same thing as when I am walking. Contemplating and grinding my mind. 

I was thinking about the physiology as well as I don't want to do too much cardio since I want to build muscle. 

But then again I am a mesomorph with some endomorph tendencies. Or a mesomorph who eats too much haha. 

So I think the cardio can be good for me. 

5 hours ago, ElenaO said:

I do use a standing desk at home and at work, but I was considering a treadmill as well. I still cannot believe it's feasible. I mean I cannot imagine typing while walking. But I guess it's possible, since I've heard some stories from folks. 

As I read in the other thread that you are always tired. Maybe standing and moving like that all day is too much of a good thing for you. You should allow yourself some rest as well. Although I don't know your exact situation. You don't want your body to regress in a lower level of laziness either ofcourse. 

14 hours ago, SFRL said:

As I read in the other thread that you are always tired. Maybe standing and moving like that all day is too much of a good thing for you. You should allow yourself some rest as well. Although I don't know your exact situation. You don't want your body to regress in a lower level of laziness either ofcourse. 

I agree. I am trying to find some balance there. Besides, it might be that actually the iron level influences my overall state. Will see how it evolves :)