Abhijeeth

Coffee .. Good Or Bad

25 posts in this topic

@vizual @Blessed81 I'm not 100% certain coffee is just for Orange and the stages below; Nor that coffee itself inherently gives you a "high," which assumes a "low" must logically follow. Full disclosure, I drink coffee. I drink 1 cup (8oz) of bulletproof coffee daily in the morning, and meditate immediately afterwards (1hr of mindfulness cycles, and then .5hr of do nothing, both in determined sitting mode). What seems to give the "low" or "crash" in traditional coffee (even organic is not safe from this, unfortunately), is mycotoxins--basically moldy coffee beans, which America is notorious for importing because of their relatively low standards for "fresh" coffee beans, relative to Europe, for example. Bulletproof coffee beans, although more expensive, are the only beans I am aware of that are created / lab tested to have virtually zero mycotoxins. Mold by the way, in any form, seriously hinders your cognitive abilities as well as overall health. No dose of mold is great. I have been using bulletproof coffee for a few months now--never have had a crash. I watch my coworkers grab their 2nd, or even 3rd coffee in the middle of the afternoon because they need a "pick-me-up"--I've never encountered this issue. If you can be mindful of your habits/addictions, and drink it responsibly to have a focused work day (or meditation session), drinking it responsibly, I don't see why it has to be "evil." Although this is purely from my experience and perspective--if you disagree or have a different viewpoint, I would love to hear it! As for using coffee to whip yourself into high gear, you're probably right. I suppose your intentions behind any action is what truly matters at the end of the day--more so than the action itself!

Edited by Patrick

On 4/14/2016 at 10:27 AM, Flower said:

What if your not addicted to caffeine and don't turn to it for an energy boost. I just Enjoy coffee and don't feel like it's a compulsive behaviour. As with anything, balance is key. :)

Yes! Perfect! =)

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

Two cups in the morning work for me... just don't use sugar and I only add "Heavy Cream."  Watch out for those  non-dairy fillers; bad news.  I find it helpful prior to meditation.

I had been grinding my own coffee beans for 15 years , but have stopped coffee and green tea all together as it was effecting my sleep big time eventually giving me insomnia. Its been 6 months now without coffee and cream  & 4 months without green tea.

What a change it made , now I fall asleep within a few minutes and do not wake till morning.

If your sleep is suffering , stop the caffeine intake and in a week or two you could be falling a sleep quickly and sleeping soundly

Edited by Beam

I don't see anything bad in drinking coffee, if it's controlled and strategically consumed.

There are so many benefits to coffee. If you skip it then you're missing out on at least some of your potential, as it's a powerful performance enhancing drug. Any negative side-effect isn't the caused by the substance but by malpractice of the individual. Voltaire drank 30+ cups of coffee a day. Not advocating you take it that far, but you will definitely be a more augmented person if you used caffeine correctly.

Coffee becomes only an issue when you develop a physiological resistance to the stimulus of caffeine and a psychological dependency. Both lead to drinking more and more coffee i.e. addiction.

To prevent building up a tolerance to caffeine and become dependent of it, I only use coffee on specific days, such as when I'm having a hard workout, doing intermittent fasting or needing to grind through vast amounts of mini cognitive tasks. And when I drink I stick to a ax of 2-3 cups. At other times I drink tea or decaf coffee. Also, it's a good idea to cycle between caffeinated and decaf to maintain your sensitivity.

I've also written a more detailed article on my blog in which I talk about how to drink coffee strategically like a strategic genius.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w