Guest Annetta

What Is The Effectiveness Of Taking Vitamin Supplements?

30 posts in this topic

@Visitor Thanks!  That's good to know, I do take iron with all of my other supplements, they are at the same time of day.  I read vit. k works best with something fattening, so I'll usually eat breakfast before all else, which consists of blueberries, an avocado and a tofu piece. :D 

My body doesn't seem to absorb vitamins as well as it should, so I'm learning how to supplement it and doing dietary changes.
Do you have some info on which vitamins are better taken with what and when?

2 hours ago, Annetta said:

@Visitor ...Do you have some info on which vitamins are better taken with what and when?

Sorry. I don't know more than what I have already shared with you. But I am sure you will find plenty of answers on the Internet.

5 hours ago, Annetta said:

my diet has been consisting of a lot of blueberries, avocados, carrots, spinach, eggs, tofu, salmon, tuna, green tea and nuts mostly, but other foods as well, like different fruits, veggies and whatnot.

Besides it, you take vitamin supplements !!!:o I am really missing something in my life !!! 

11 hours ago, Annetta said:

@eskwire Thanks, I bought vitamin D as well and will get the other ones other the next few months.
@pluto That's interesting information.  I'm starting a more nutrient dense diet myself, cutting sugars, carbs from breads, rice and all related foods, dairy and meats other than fish a few times a week.

So far, my diet has been consisting of a lot of blueberries, avocados, carrots, spinach, eggs, tofu, salmon, tuna, green tea and nuts mostly, but other foods as well, like different fruits, veggies and whatnot.  Brain fog seems to be clearing up a little bit, but it has only been a month on this diet.  Skin looks great!  Feeling more energized, better mood.  

But yeah, I don't worry about calories or fat content or anything.  (Am pretty thin, 125 lbs) I just eat when I am hungry and stop when I feel full, which equals to about 6-8 small snacks throughout the day and a bit of grazing on things here and there.  Some days more hungry than others.

That's it!

The bodies intelligence is all you need to listen too. If that works for you, by all means :)

The only time i would advice tracking all that stuff is when experimenting or weight gain/loss goals within a certain time period.

Eventually you learn off by heart. Tools are optional and can be helpful if you want a idea but not entirely necessary.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Ok, sounds good.  Thank you!

I have been supplementing with Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin D the past 3 days. 

I think it may have been improving my sleep as Magnesium should do that. But I will keep you posted over a longer time period. 

Yes, they do work. It not only helps in weight loss, but also promotes hair, nails and skin too, along with the increase in metabolism level. A friend of mine is using the healthy weight loss supplement form a very long time for burning her body fat and increasing the metabolism. She takes the dose of the supplement as she is instructed to use it. She is very satisfied with the result she got and is recommending me to use the same.

I have taken 2 fish oil tablets (1 fish oil tablet contains 500mg DHA and 150mg EPA) each day for the past few weeks, and I don't know if it is placebo, but I feel much more mentally active (I can form thoughts better, I have greater attention span, I can understand things faster).