Huz

List 6 Things You Want Your Life To Embody

9 posts in this topic

Ok. I am coming to the end of my degree in maths and physics. It's been fun, learning some crazy stuff this year. My favourite was studying general relativity. If any of you like maths and physics. Learn this topic. The elegance of differential geometry, generalising the theory of flat spaces you learn in school, combined with space-time has brought me to tears. 

Basically, I wanted direction as I am not gunna pursue physics. I spent time strategising about my life. And come up with 6 things that give me the most joy. This is is so powerful. I feel so much more clear headed now. I want my life to embody these 6 things. Keep the list broad and not specific, because that can lead to perfectionism.

IMG_4574.JPG

Maybe the combination of all the qualities is where my Life Purpose lie hidden...

Edited by Huz

Why are you not going to purse physichs?

I loved math, physichs and science in general in high school, and did study a bit of biochemistry in university, but dropped out after 1 year cos I got bored of it. Currently the last year after becoming engaged in spirituality and self-development my interest for science has dropped -- although I still think science is great in many ways -- and I'm more inclined to study philosophy instead. but I don't really know, philosophy as a university-study seems to get a lot of bashing on this forum.

My problem with science is the deeply encoded belief in the field that reality is physical and that consciousness arises from physical interactions. And I'm just much more interested -- currently in my life -- in investigating reality naked, i.e. self-observation, spirituality, philosophy... so that's why im more inclined to choose philosophy as a study, even though I deep back in my head know that even philosophy is pretty shallow, and that it's probably just my ego that find it interesting to *discuss* topics such as free will, ethics, even political philosophy, antique philosophy, epistemology, philosophy of mind, linguistic philosophy, phenomenology etc.

The funny thing is if you asked me 2 years ago what my opinion was on philosophy, I would had said it's useless and that science is king. lol.

But I'm also considering studying physics and math. Special relativity was interesting when I studied it in high school. General relativity, quantum mechanichs, the beauty of math..uhm:>:s

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean

Yeah I was similar with you. I was good at high school maths and physics. When I started uni, the level of difficulty increased massively. I still liked that maths but the physics was very abstract. The theories we learnered didn't really see any practically. Once I completed the second year there was only a couple of physics modules I enjoyed which were nuclear and particle physics, and quantum mechanics. Then the third year was interesting as we could learn GR in mathematics. But overall, there were more modules I didn't enjoy then I enjoyed. But the modules I enjoyed, I FUCKING loved to study. I guess this is the reason why I don't want to take a masters on physics. It seems like you have to enjoy all of it. And I am more willing to learn a different aspect of life. I think I have got the most out of that degree.

To study these subjects you really have to love it. That's the only thing which will get you through to the top. They are so abstract, and challenging. The only thing which will help you is hard work. If you slack of and not stay with problems long enough you might as well find something else. 

Yeah science creates models. These models don't represent the truth of reality. But that's fine, many of my peers accept this. What is fascinating is how all these abstract and crazy ways of looking at the world, has managed to build and create the infrastructure of society. Also, I love thinking about the world working in a certain paradigms. Like the existence of virtual particles, even through their creation violates the conservation of energy in a subatomic interaction (that's why they are virtual, they are only allowed to exist for a short time in the universe). This is due to the Heisenberg uncertainty with energy and time. You can never measure energy and time of a quantum mechanical system with certainty. Mathematically speaking. So if energy is violated, that can happen but only for  short time frame. This is the explanation of how 3 forces mediate and work in our universe. Now does that happen...?

Who the fuck knows. But this description of the strong, weak and electromagnetic force can predict all of things about future events in the universe. Also advance technology etc.

Even if our mathematical laws are created by our forms of logic. The system is self consistent within itself, even though it might not be true. And these self consistencies allow us to build the remarkable models, which we can use to probe into the nature of the universe. It crazy to see how to relationships in different fields of mathematics, can be linked together in the most elegant way. This is all built on simple groundless axioms. That is what I find fascinating. Given that, these physical models can get a bit ridiculous in my opinion. 

I personally wouldn't learn philosophy in uni. Because when I talk to philosophy students and friends, it seems dull. They don't really study the stuff we talk about here. But if you think there is a uni, which offers a good syallbus then go for that. I am only talking about philosophy from my universities perspective. Consider becoming a autodictat.  I basically self taught myself my degree. There is little support for students. So why pay all this money? Self teaching is the future. You learn what you want to learn. Not what they teach you. Because a lot of what they teach you won't suit you. You just have to power through that when studying at an institution.

Edited by Huz

This 6 things right now on the board! :

1. New meditation techniques
2. Contemplation/self-inquiry
3. QlikView programming 
4. OSHO teachings
5. Rupert Spira teachings
6. English speaking skills

Physical Health

Peace of Mind

Writing my work on Philosophy (Contribution)

Healthy Relationships

Financial Independence

The feeling of integrity with my values

1. Healthiness 
  2. Financial security 
  3. Quiet mind
  4. Organization
  5. Self-sustaining lifestyle 
  6. Freedom 

I'm a simple guy ...

(not sure about the order?)

1. Unconditional Love/ Compassion

2. Truth

3. Integrity

4. Devine Bliss

5. Source Consciousness

6. Infinite Creativity

1. The amount of tranquility I get from playing the Violin.( To never Stop)

2. Reading books on self satisfaction and how to improve my self and social skills.

3. Having few but meaningful relationships.

4. I'm about to make a big change in my career and studies.( I'm finishing English Lit BA and want to change to Administrative management in MA)

5. I wanna develop my spiritual side of my self by inspecting all my actions. 

6. Lastly I tend to self actualize more often these days. ( I walk alone 1 hr a day thinking about my self and the universe)

1. Magic
  2. Pink things
  3. Flowers
  4. Blowing my mind
  5. New perspectives, and
  6. Cats