Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

9,721 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I don’t need Islam, but it exists. There are truths there which I’ve plucked. Also, as human I must admit to relying on other humans for sense making. How is it I watched all your videos and did 5meodmt yet found value in an audiobook on the heart of Islam? Is it my love for God and all humanity and seeing that this book has value? The teachings have value? Realizing not everyone is going to read Peter Ralston? 
 

I am lucky I was born where I am and with the brain I have because I realized I was God before I was ten but I didn’t have anyone around me to confirm this and I shrugged it off. I doubt everything. My mind makes errors and I am humbled by the complexity of existence and I’m unsatisfied with my sense making. 
 

There are things in Islam, which it says about God which are true which I have not heard articulated by those not from this background. As a human I only have other humans knowledge to draw from. I can’t explain these things here in this casual post. 
 

The highest Truths stated supposedly stated by Mohammad are true. 
 

I don’t really care about the package it comes in or all the survival stuff, like how Muslims are muslims in their culture. There is deep and mundane truths in Islam, but it’s not the only source that is true. We have so many good books now days and yes we are more advanced than Mohammad and his time. I can see your point here. These texts are conformity. Yet, humans are fractal by nature and I can see the power in that for common people. I see that as valuable in the storm of life. 
 

The age of information we are in has just been birthed… so, we have no examples of highly advanced minds yet. 
 

If something is true, it should appear in any text even 10,000 years from now. 
 

Anyway, I’m not satisfied with my understanding, my awakening, etc I’m not satisfied with yours either nor that of Islam. 

Pure Philosophy, is the best framework of any human  I’ve come across and which you created. 

Anyway, I’ll take this to myself to think more about. I need to get messy here and Socratic for a bit. 
 

 

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimately, it wasn’t my mind that understood this heart of Islamic teachings. It was my Heart. It said, I see you. I see God here and my love for all humanity, for all creation. I see how Jihad is the pursuit of Truth and Love. To be a good and moral person, to purify the mind and heart and to connect to God’s grace everyday by disconnecting from the survival we do everyday to reconnect with God.
 

I learned Islam doesn’t worship God to please God. But, to connect daily to Gods love and goodness that is offered freely and without bias to all humanity for those who take the time in silence and prayer. His eternal empathy and understanding of the infinite goodness which is given to all beings. The common unity in infinity, the Heart!  Regardless of identity, past, or present. God loves you far more than you are generally aware. To himself from himself for himself and for no one for everyone for the one. Simply because that’s God’s nature. 
 

Why is there suffering? God knows something which you currently do not know.
 

Now take this with your 2000 years of advancement and build bridge to the heart of everyone….without dogma, without needing anything in return. Take Ralston, Pure Philosophy, and Integral Metatheory, Qigong, krya, Heartmath Coherence, etc etc etc…

I felt empathy, compassion, forgiveness, love, and friendship.

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thought Art I hear ya. You make fair points.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura There is a distinction for me between truths in the texts, high quality aspects and then BEING a Muslim, and WORSHIPPING or idolizing a text and teaching. 
 

However, as you sort of acknowledge in your post there is value in these religions.
 

Islam to me, is more advanced a a teaching than Christianity. Even if aspects of Islamic culture are less advanced. 
 

The teachings that God is One, is infinite, to remove all idols, to pursue contemplation and regular silence and connection to God, this is advanced! Even today!

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do rocket launches have to do with spiritual truths and teachings? 
 

Bezo’s, Musk? Prime example

Musk launches rockets but shits on empathy. Mohammad couldn’t read but taught empathy. 
 

Sorry, your post on your blog is a bad take and a lower perspective…..even though it’s intertwined with a higher perspective.

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thought Art Now you have gone too far.

I give you an inch and you take a mile.

Do not kid yourself. Islam will not end in God-Realization.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura The problem i see with Islam is that it doesn't teach mastery of mind and epistemology. Topics of self deception, multiperspectivism, bias, ideology, relativity, etc... Are never taught, that's why these religion don't lead to God realization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a mystical core to most religion. 

But overall religion causes so much division, seperation and hatred between man.

I am constantly disappointed by the pious family and people I know who reject faiths other than their own. In denigrating and condemning ways :(

 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Natasha Tori Maru

4 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

I am constantly disappointed by the pious family and people I know who reject faiths other than their own. In denigrating and condemning ways :(

That's the whole game. These people are at a low level of cognitive complexity. That's why they subscribe to their religion in the first place. 

Edited by Majed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura The problem i see with Islam is that it doesn't teach mastery of mind and epistemology. Topics of self deception, multiperspectivism, bias, ideology, relativity, etc... Are never taught, that's why these religion don't lead to God realization. 

Even if Islam taught all of that, it would still not end in God-Realization.

God will not be understood without psychedelics.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

God will not be understood without psychedelics.

What do i do if i have a mental illness, then ? Am i doomed to never understanding God ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura

What do i do if i have a mental illness, then ? Am i doomed to never understanding God ? 

1) You can realize God in milder ways.

2) Mental illness does not necessarily preclude psychedelics. But be careful, I am not telling you to take psychedelics.

I am only describing how Reality works. I am not telling you what to do.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura

How do i know if in my specific case i can do psychedelics or not ? 

Test small doses.

Psychedelics are not dangerous at low doses.

The danger is that it's a slippery slope. If the low doses work, you will want high doses, and that's where things get hairy.

What kind of mental illness do you have?

God has many degrees of realization. The lower degrees are relatively easy and safe. The high degrees are very hard and very dangerous. But you can find a sweet-spot for yourself somewhere along that spectrum depending on your capacity. So don't get discouraged.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura My psychiatrist said that i have severe ocd, bipolar type 1, and a tendency to develop schizophrenia if he didn't intervene at the time he did. 

I'm already God realized on a mild level, but i want more. Like whenever i want i can access myself as God, but like you said it's pretty mild. 

I've already done hundreds of hours of contemplation and meditation. As well as foolishly done mdma while i was on antidepressants and antipsychotics at a party. The trip was very beautiful though. And nothing bad happened, but yeah it was a big uncalculated risk. 

Edited by Majed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura I dislike the framing on your latest blog post.

It's true that human rights are a social construction, and we do take for granted the safety of society. But the people in the video you post are holding their own twisted construction; that rape is okay under certain circumstances. It's not sobering to throw out human rights; it's changing one construction for another.

I get the point you're trying to make, but the example is awful. I cringe at how extreme your analogies have to be sometimes, it's not necessary to teach construct-awareness.

If you're trying to make a point about human rights or men and women beyond teaching construct awareness, it's not working and it's too extreme. We have these constructions for a good reason, because it produces a more conscious society. Don't tear the good constructions apart in front of people who might not be construct-aware yet.


Don't be shit. Be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Staples As I said, requires high intellectual maturity to understand.

Of course you dislike it.

But if you loved truth you would love it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Majed said:

My psychiatrist said that i have severe ocd, bipolar type 1, and a tendency to develop schizophrenia if he didn't intervene at the time he did. 

You should be very careful then.

However, just because someone said it doesn't make it true. Your psychiatrist does not understand psychedelics.

Again, I am not telling you to do anything.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Severe ocd i'm sure i had it, because of everything i experienced because of it. However bipolar and schizophrenia, i'm less sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Staples As I said, requires high intellectual maturity to understand.

Of course you dislike.

Hahaha.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_1.02.39_PM.jpg


Don't be shit. Be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now