SaynotoKlaus

Eating Before Bed

30 posts in this topic

Get an oura ring to track your sleep. You'll see eating before bed screws with your sleep cycles heavily. And sleep is probably the most important thing for health. It's when your body repairs and mind Defrag. 

The issue is that the body cannot enter deeper stages of sleep Deep/REM ect.. when there is food that is needed to digest first. In these deeper stages of sleep is where optimal regeneration of the cells and restoration of the body occurs. Its best to keep food 3 - 4 hours away from bedtime.

In my experience literally eating before going to be isn't a good idea, especially if it takes long for your stomach to digest. When every I eat before sleeping I make sure to be finished 1 hour before sleeping, that way your stomach has done most of the labor. And I also recommend to lay on your left side, because that way the digestion takes place in the round arch of your stomach and it doesn't affect the gate to your throat. Also a meal that consists out of only one ingredient will be better and faster digested since it's easier on your stomach.

14 hours ago, Marinus said:

In my experience literally eating before going to be isn't a good idea, especially if it takes long for your stomach to digest. When every I eat before sleeping I make sure to be finished 1 hour before sleeping, that way your stomach has done most of the labor. And I also recommend to lay on your left side, because that way the digestion takes place in the round arch of your stomach and it doesn't affect the gate to your throat. Also a meal that consists out of only one ingredient will be better and faster digested since it's easier on your stomach.

My problem is  my nose  gets stopped  up so i have to lay on different sides so one side  can drain.

@Olivia24 That's annoying, but when you sleep you don't know if you turn right? So if you clean your nose right before bed maybe that will work for a couple of hours.

41 minutes ago, Marinus said:

@Olivia24 That's annoying, but when you sleep you don't know if you turn right? So if you clean your nose right before bed maybe that will work for a couple of hours.

I try alot  of things but  im always stopped  up a  bit. It is a  bit  annoying.

Edited by Olivia24

i think the sleep on left side is only if you eat before bed.

usually laying on the back is the best posture for sleep. and if you cant do that the right side is better because its supposed to activate parasympathetic nervous system which is better for sleep and recovery.

1 hour ago, Ora said:

usually laying on the back is the best posture for sleep. and if you cant do that the right side is better because its supposed to activate parasympathetic nervous system which is better for sleep and recovery.

I will give  it a try, thanks.

5 hours ago, Ora said:

Just doesn't feel natural when I lie on my back, I always feel more comfortable curled up in the foetal position (figures, I guess, given that that's the position we were in when we were in the womb). I'll give it a try again though, see how I get on with it.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

In my experience I feel bad in the morning if I ate before bed. Think - your digestive system is off during sleep so food is not digesting properly and gets spoiled which leads to intoxication.