Anirban657

How To Become A Warrior?

11 posts in this topic

How to become a warrior?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

17 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

How to become a warrior?

The word warrior has lost its old meaning. Now there are no warriors; there are people who will come like a thief on the plane and drop bombs and escape. 

Forced celibacy helps tremendously in becoming a warrior, religions preached celibacy which resulted in holy wars, crusades, jihads. If your whole energy is diverted in learning martial arts, you will become great warrior.

A great warrior lives with the belief of victory, and a great warrior cannot be defeated, because of his belief. His belief is an Armour. 

Bruce lee said that "What good would it do a boxer to learn to meditate?, he is a fighter, not a monk." And he was right , meditation can fill you with compassion. 

I believe you are asking how to become a warrior of truth, rather than a physical warrior, is that correct? If so, here are some things I have learnt from personal experience, though I am barely the lass that carries the spare sword at this stage...lol...:

- persistence, without loosing confidence is key

- fear is not a shield, and courage will inevitably be victorious

- the strength of the entire universe is available, you can connect to it by drawing it in

- they ability to connect to an innate knowing, while pushing aside or overcoming the ego's rationale is crucial

- making a commitment to that path is an absolute necessity

I just googled it, and came across a website that looks just right for you. It appears to be about both, martial arts, and personal development & truth. Here's a link and a quote:

"The story of the Warrior is twofold. It is a story of heroes, and equally of tyrants. One side is a story of those striving to perfect methods of achieving self mastery and preserving peace and harmony in the world, and for others, a story of violence, subjugation, empire expansion, domination, unjust war, and totalitarian conquest. 
The story we have been told, the definition of terms, and the overall perspective we have in the present day of what the Warrior is has been mostly focused on the latter. The history of the Warrior was mainly handed down to us by the various empires and elite classes that dominated in their day. The true and complete version has mostly been lost and in my opinion, has been purposely wiped from our collective memory in many respects. It is thanks to those brave ones throughout history who have carefully preserved this body of knowledge that we are able to piece this together, to learn from the past, and to re-awaken the spirit of the warrior in our modern time where it most desperately needs to return."

http://www.wayofthetruthwarrior.com/truth-warrior.html 

When you embrace your fears

Without knowing what lies beyond

Fear+quotes+best+images+pics+photos+pict

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Carlos Castaneda has a few wonderful books on the ways of the spiritual warrior. This website will give you some of the best quotes: http://alignment2012.com/warrior.html 

some of my selected favorites from the above link:

"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have
nothing to defend.
I have no thoughts, so I will see.
I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

"Warriors have an ulterior purpose for their acts which has 
nothing to do with personal gain. The average man acts only if 
there is a chance for profit. Warriors act not for profit, but for 
the spirit."

"Impeccability begins with a single act that has to be 
deliberate, precise and sustained. If that act is repeated long 
enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent which can be 
applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is 
clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes 
his full potential."

"A warrior must cultivate the feeling that he has everything 
needed for the extravagant journey that is his life. What counts 
for a warrior is being alive. Life in itself is sufficient, 
self-explanatory and complete.
Therefore, one may say without being presumptuous that the 
experience of experiences is being alive."

"A warrior must focus his attention on the link between 
himself and his death. Without remorse or sadness or worrying, he 
must focus his attention on the fact that he does not have time and 
let his acts flow accordingly. He must let each of his acts be his 
last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will his acts 
have their rightful power. Otherwise they will be, for as long as 
he lives, the acts of a fool."

The other person worth reading is Miyamoto Musashi

Here's a quick description of his accomplishments:

His book, The Book of 5 Rings was written near the end of his life after totally dominating the path of the samurai. Reading that book gives you great insight into the ways of the warrior. The most important thing is to investigate Truth thoroughly by going out and actually doing stuff instead of theorizing or judging. A really fun yet faithful-to-the-original version of the book of 5 rings is found here in comic book form: https://www.amazon.com/Book-Five-Rings-Graphic-Novel/dp/1611800129

Edited by Treeves4u

@Treeves4u  Love it! Perfect examples! @Shin Totally, I need to put that on my fridge or something!

@Anirban657 Thank you for this thread. That Truth Warrior guy I found for you lives in BC, like me, and has awesome videos that seem in sync with Leo (hero's journey, etc)...actually I bet they'd be friends...more than Leo and Teal or something...lol...actually, who knows...lol...anyway, it ended up that I also benefited from sharing that with you... that super quick google, has now provided me with hours worth of awesome learning! Thanks! Were you looking into martial arts too? I've only done a little fencing and capoeira...so far....

1 minute ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Treeves4u  Love it! Perfect examples! @Shin Totally, I need to put that on my fridge or something!

PC Wallpaper :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

How to become an alpha  male 

Now how to become a warrior....  

Next 

How to become a leader.  

Finally how  to become a monk? 

:3

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise