Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeamBills

My Questions About The Hero's Journey

12 posts in this topic

How am I supposed to know what Truth and what who is? How am I supposed to know what the call is? I have no idea the answer to these questions. Also doesn't the hero's journey assume that the inner demons can be conquered. What if they can't? 

@TeamBills As a starting point, assume that you are more than your personal identity.

Accepting "The call" is the willingness to turn your attention inward and conduct an investigation for the true essence of your being.

The Truth is who you really are.

@Bodhi123 I'm not sure I am understanding what you are saying. What steps should I be taking?

2 hours ago, TeamBills said:

@Bodhi123 I'm not sure I am understanding what you are saying. What steps should I be taking?

Try to be more of yourself. 
Feel less guilt. Feel less shame, feel less anxiety, feel less anger, in that process you have to help yourself overcome your negative feelings. 
Your ''inner demons'' so to speak. 

You have to realize that all demons are illusions, and illusions are real, but they're made real by you. 
Meaning that to overcome inner demons you don't fight them directly, for your focus is empowering, you have to pay less attention to them. 

What you look at directly, disappears. 
To look directly at something is to look at it with acceptance as though it is happening to you, but in front of you, you are merely a witness to it. 
It is possible to be calm in anger, it is possible to be calm in a state of anxiety, to be calm in sadness, to be calm in jealousy, to be calm in pain. 

The be calm  and accepting is to ''understand'', one cannot accept what he does not understand, so to be calm in the face of your negative feelings, your inner demons so to speak is to understand them subconsciously. 

Also work on your positive feelings.
Be more free, be more loving towards yourself, believe more in yourself

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

TRUTH: For me...it's free of delusion, free of the ego's rationale, it's what really is - if you could take off the glasses with lenses made of your tinted perceptions. (make sense?) If not, see Bruce Lipton's work, look into how our past experiences, traumas, etc, create "lenses" that distort truth. Here's an epistemology description:

"We never access reality because we can never get outside our own beliefs to do so. Our beliefs function as filters that keep reality (if such a thing exists) beyond us."

THE CALL: For me...the call is more than a half-assed attempt at actualization. The call is waking up to why you are here, what you are meant to do, accepting the call to follow that path while being willing to go without, break ties, suffer the reality of actually fully experiencing our emotions, etc basically whatever it takes to FULLY accept the inner journey, and any external consequences.

Defeating yourself: For me...I believe this is a battle that CAN always be won, the challenge is not - if it's possible, but if you are TRULY willing!

On 20/04/2017 at 1:07 AM, TeamBills said:

How am I supposed to know what Truth and what who is? How am I supposed to know what the call is? I have no idea the answer to these questions. Also doesn't the hero's journey assume that the inner demons can be conquered. What if they can't? 

You know why you can't answer these questions ?
Because there is no answers, only realization, only "OHHHH, ok ..." moments.

Why do you think so many of us tells you there is nothing to learn in the first place ?
Everything you need to know is already in you, you just have to become conscious of it, through meditation, presence, thoughts examination = mindfullness (especially the painful ones).

There is only you to do that, no one can teach you anything, they can only tell you to be present and to face your anxious thoughts.

The call is something very frigthening and beautiful at the same moment:

Frigthening, because you'll know that you can't come back, and because you'll realize that you know that you don't know.
Beautiful, because you'll know that your life will only keep feel more and more authentic, genuine, infinitly more orgasmic.

You'll also acknowledge that nothing else really matter except the Truth, and that if you have to experience immeasurable pain to see it, then so be it.

Now the all dilemma is
Will you accept it ?

If you don't, you'll always remember (at least inconsciously) all what Is said above.
How could you live a happy life knowing you've turned away from that ?

You can't
And you won't.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Epiphany_Inspired "THE CALL: For me...the call is more than a half-assed attempt at actualization. The call is waking up to why you are here, what you are meant to do, accepting the call to follow that path while being willing to go without, break ties, suffer the reality of actually fully experiencing our emotions, etc basically whatever it takes to FULLY accept the inner journey, and any external consequences."

This made sense to me thank you.

@Shin "You know why you can't answer these questions ?
Because there is no answers, only realization, only "OHHHH, ok ..." moments."

So there is no answer to what the hero's journey is or what the call is? That doesn't make sense.

"Everything you need to know is already in you, you just have to become conscious of it, through meditation, presence, thoughts examination = mindfullness (especially the painful ones).

There is only you to do that, no one can teach you anything, they can only tell you to be present and to face your anxious thoughts."

So the steps are meditation (I do), presence (um OK not sure what you mean here), thoughts examination (doing), mindfulness (doing), facing anxious thoughts (doing)

So I am doing all of these things that you listed so I am following the hero's journey? I'm accepting the call? I'm doing what I should be doing? I'm on the way to the hero's journey?

"Now the all dilemma is

Will you accept it ?

If you don't, you'll always remember (at least inconsciously) all what Is said above.
How could you live a happy life knowing you've turned away from that ?"

This is basically the question I had before. I don't understand what I am supposed to be accepting. I'm doing the steps I'm supposed to do (listed above) so I am accepting it? I can't live a happy life knowing I turned away from it, but I don't know what I am turning away from.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Edited by TeamBills

51 minutes ago, TeamBills said:

So there is no answer to what the hero's journey is or what the call is? That doesn't make sense.

No answers will come from an external source no, and there is a lot of things that doesn't make sense the further you go into spirituality, like almost everything is contradictory (but this is normal, since we try to grasp it with our limited human mind).

So the steps are meditation (I do), presence (um OK not sure what you mean here), thoughts examination (doing), mindfulness (doing), facing anxious thoughts (doing)

Presence is just being in the now, being conscious of what's happening, sensing the thing that sense all the others things/situations at the back of your head.

So I am doing all of these things that you listed so I am following the hero's journey? I'm accepting the call? I'm doing what I should be doing? I'm on the way to the hero's journey?

I don't know, only you can know that.

The fact that you're asking for it makes me think you don't, but I'm not sure about anything anymore, so ^^

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I don't know, only you can know that.

The fact that you're asking for it makes me think you don't, 

This was the question I asked in the beginning, and I still haven't gotten an answer that makes sense to me. Epiphany did help but I am still kind of confused as to what I should be doing.@ShinHow am I supposed to know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and following the hero's journey?

Everything you need to know is already in you, you just have to become conscious of it, through meditation, presence, thoughts examination = mindfullness (especially the painful ones).

I am doing these things so am I following the hero's journey? I don't know what I am supposed to do to follow the hero's journey.

From my personal experience the call is not something that's always there. All your meditation mindfulness etc. Is sort of training your ear for it. At some point it shows up.

For me it was like a sort of recurring thought that seemed out of the usual monkey mind repertoire. Maybe an intent would be a better word for it.

Don't know if that's how it works for everyone though, can't even be sure that's what it was for me.

When it did show up it really reinforced all my good habbits tremendousily.

On 25/04/2017 at 1:36 AM, AndreiC said:

From my personal experience the call is not something that's always there. All your meditation mindfulness etc. Is sort of training your ear for it. At some point it shows up

That makes sense to me. I'll keep training my ear for it.