Brahman

Terrence Howard on Reality

160 posts in this topic

Very curious to hear what you all think of this

Radically open mind required. If you can hold off dismissal for the first 20 minutes you may find Gold

If nothing else its extremely entertaining. He has a beautiful view of reality and physics

Posted (edited)

This guy says 1x1=2 , which would violate some of the fundamental math axioms  (some math nerd on this forum probably can specifically spell out which axioms are violated and they can probably break down the logical entailments that would follow from such violation(s))

Aside from that, he comes off as a narcissistic schizo who has a habit of centering the discussions around his intelligence rather than focusing on the theory that he wants to present/prove.

Here is his more extensive "proof"

https://x.com/terrencehoward/status/925754491881877507

Edited by zurew

2 hours ago, zurew said:

This guy says 1x1=2 , which would violate some of the fundamental math axioms  (some math nerd on this forum probably can specifically spell out which axioms are violated and they can probably break down the logical entailments that would follow from such violation(s))

Aside from that, he comes off as a narcissistic schizo who has a habit of centering the discussions around his intelligence rather than focusing on the theory that he wants to present/prove.

Here is his more extensive "proof"

https://x.com/terrencehoward/status/925754491881877507

I've met other people with very similar "behaviors/tendencies" and this clip is triggering that familiarity; the sense of super ego flaring around "I got this one point you don't understand muhahah, you thought it was X all along huh??! etc." combined with a feeling of being baited into entertaining whatever the hell they are spouting about so they can execute their philosophy in some narrow oddly-convenient construct, etc.

Shrug shoulders, wish the best for em, appreciate Truth 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Brahman said:

Very curious to hear what you all think of this

Radically open mind required. If you can hold off dismissal for the first 20 minutes you may find Gold

If nothing else its extremely entertaining. He has a beautiful view of reality and physics

I watched the whole thing. 

I don’t know if his theories are solid but it sounds interesting at the very least. Also I like his vibe and personality somehow. And the way he talks and thinks about the world in general. I think the amount of ridicule and belittling he has received is uncool. Like it's so obvious 99% of the people attacking him don't even understand or read his theories in depth... That part is just painful to watch... It tells you a lot about what kind of world we live in. But I'm interested in seeing how this will play out. Maybe he will get through and be able to have a genuine conversation with scientists in the end like he wanted to. That would be wonderful on so many levels. I would like to see that happen. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

8 hours ago, Dauntment said:

I've met other people with very similar "behaviors/tendencies" and this clip is triggering that familiarity; the sense of super ego flaring around "I got this one point you don't understand muhahah, you thought it was X all along huh??! etc." combined with a feeling of being baited into entertaining whatever the hell they are spouting about so they can execute their philosophy in some narrow oddly-convenient construct, etc.

Shrug shoulders, wish the best for em, appreciate Truth 

Yeah the whole 1x1 = 2 is a hill he doesnt need to die on right now lol. Its not helping his case. And honestly his communication is not good for introducing people to this radically new logic. And ofc he has an ego as well

But..

the sliver of Gold im seeing is that he’s coming from a radically different paradigm rooted in nondual principles

He’s addressing what science hand waves as the great assumption. “Give us the big bang and we’ll give you everything else”

but this is inherently incomplete. That base assumption is huge to just take for granted

To me the beauty of his mindset is questioning all preconcieved notions and seeking a more harmonious approach to our logic

His chemistry being that all elements are fundamentally the same. Different expressions of the same one thing unfolding in that wave function that Walter Russels periodic table represents. Thats pretty beautiful

I cant verify the strength of his models but I see the search for a more complete holistic scientific understanding

Also the saturn bit is one of the most interesting to me. Its at 114:41 they reconstructed saturn from a model without using gravity as part of the equation

To my understanding he sees gravity as just an effect of electromagnetism rather than a base law of physics. with just electrmagnetic force he created what looks like a close approximation to the planet saturn

im curious to hear thoughts on that if anyone has insight

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I watched the whole thing. 

I don’t know if his theories are solid but it sounds interesting at the very least. Also I like his vibe and personality somehow. And the way he talks and thinks about the world in general. I think the amount of ridicule and belittling he has received is uncool. Like it's so obvious 99% of the people attacking him don't even understand or read his theories in depth... That part is just painful to watch... It tells you a lot about what kind of world we live in. But I'm interested in seeing how this will play out. Maybe he will get through and be able to have a genuine conversation with scientists in the end like he wanted to. That would be wonderful on so many levels. I would like to see that happen. 

I’d definetely like more conversations with scientists as well. I agree it was quite mesmerizing. I felt on the brink of my bullshit detector throwing everything out, but i feel there is merit somewhere in here. Something about his presentation feels that he is tapping into something very deep. Its really intuition here im going off if im honest

I have a background in nueroscience and chemistry. And while ofc the stuff hes saying was not taught to me by academia, i couldnt rule anything out necessarily, given the different base assumptions of his paradigm.

walter russels model and the flower of life geometry does have a beauty to it doesnt it?

edit: also hats off to watching the whole thing haha. I know most dont have the patience/bandwidth to give this its full time of day

Edited by Brahman

Last thing ill add is this really well done deconstruction and elaboration of the concepts he presents. This honestly gave me way more context to understanding where he may be coming from

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Brahman said:

Also the saturn bit is one of the most interesting to me. Its at 114:41 they reconstructed saturn from a model without using gravity as part of the equation

To my understanding he sees gravity as just an effect of electromagnetism rather than a base law of physics. with just electrmagnetic force he created what looks like a close approximation to the planet saturn

im curious to hear thoughts on that if anyone has insight

Sadhguru in one of his exclusive interviews with some scientists claims gravity is a false idea according to yoga. In Yogic understanding everything is being hold together by two fundamental forces in existence (Ida and pingala) spinning in opposite direction and creating centrifugal force and centripetal force or something like that. I don't remember the explanation exactly. And that if you were to stop one energy from spinning, the object would dematerialize itself. That is how some yogis who have certain mastery over their energies are able to dematerialize themselves from this plane of existence he says. 

I wonder if yoga's view on gravity is in alignment with what Terrence Howard is saying. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Sadhguru in one of his exclusive interviews with some scientists claims gravity is a false idea according to yoga. In Yogic understanding everything is being hold together by two fundamental forces in existence (Ida and pingala) spinning in opposite direction and creating centrifugal force and centripetal force or something like that. I don't remember the explanation exactly. And that if you were to stop one energy from spinning, the object would dematerialize itself. That is how some yogis who have certain mastery over their energies are able to dematerialize themselves from this plane of existence he says. 

I wonder if yoga's view on gravity is in alignment with what Terrence Howard is saying. 

Wow that is incredible. That is exactly in line with what terrence talks about as well, two forces spinning in opposite direction.

Thanks for sharing 

Would love to catch this exclusive do you remember which one? I had his exclusive for a bit but stopped. Would be interested in checking it out

Edited by Brahman

1 hour ago, Brahman said:

Would love to catch this exclusive do you remember which one? I had his exclusive for a bit but stopped. Would be interested in checking it out

If I remember correctly it's the comic secrets episode 4. Science of dematerialization. 

Posted (edited)

Curt is going to have him on his TOE-podcast

Since the guy seems to be a serial-wife beater with a record of mental-health saliences, my money is on kook.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, undeather said:

I think this is a bad move from him, because this implicitly greenlights and reassures the social dynamic where there is literally no basic quality standard that you need to follow in order for your theory or objection to get platformed or taken seriously by actual scientists.

If you think you are an actual genius, it should be no problem to formulate your criticism or theory in a coherent way, where scientist can actually engage with it in a non-vague manner.

Like wtf are we talking about here? - Rambling about Annunaki in a fucking paper where you try to demonstrate some math proof or flaw? 😂

Like, seriously? 

Névteledddn.png

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, undeather said:

Since the guy seems to be a serial-wife beater with a record of mental-health saliences, my money is on kook.

Imagine him turning out to be right tho. Now that would be wild, haha. 

I'm excited to see his interview next on TOE now. 

Edited by Salvijus

Kastrup coming with a banger tweet related to Terrence Howard

kastrup.png

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, zurew said:

kastrup.png

Lol. He's so offended that Howard or somebody else gave a bad reputation to scientific community. 

People should stop taking sides and roasting each other and start having proper conversations already. Gosh... 

The ironic part is that there is some validity in critism of scientific community being close minded towards alternative views of people such as Howard and that they even will go as far as to ridicule and belittle them in uncool manner. At least my personal observations are that the critism has some validity.  But maybe they would disagree. So I guess it's debatable. I guess we will find out as the events continue to unfold. 

Edited by Salvijus

4 hours ago, zurew said:

kastrup.png

I think the point is not whether to trust the layman more than educated/experienced. The point is whether anyone can create brilliant ideas

Brilliant ideas and breakthrough minds are not confined to academic institutions and standardized degrees. In fact I would argue this standardization of education can often hinder true creative breakthroughs as the mind becomes conditioned to paradigms set by authority

I studied neuroscience at a top ranked university and had conversations with several esteemed professors about the nature of consciousness. All of them were 100% dead set on defining consciousness as a byproduct of neuronal activity. Nothing I said or presented could change their view

I also studied psychopharmacology and specifically psychedelic substances. My professor was certain that psychedelics could not make one more creative or insightful. To them it was all hallucinations and experiences of seeming insightful/creative. No true investigation was possible from their paradigm, they were closed to it

The point is not to trust Terrence Howard. The point is to see if he is on to something.

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

If I remember correctly it's the comic secrets episode 4. Science of dematerialization. 

Amazing thank you I will check this out

After spending a bit more time on it...

I think this issue is a great example of the pre/trans fallacy.
A lot of people see Howards ideas as these mystical, quasi-ethereal, science breaking truths from a higher plane of existence - when in reality, it's PROPABLY not much more than the next psychotic narcissist who uses complicated sophistry. The reason why so many people fall for it is because it "sounds smart" - but it just isn't. So much of what he says directly contradicts what we know: Arsenic is toxic because of a variety of very specific intracellular mechanisms and there are 100 years of biological reserach behind that fact - if you think the toxicity stems from "DNA wrapping around the Arsenic-molecule" (lol), then bring some sort of proof for it - don't just say it - show us! Look, I want those things to be true as much as the next guy - because it sounds interesting as fuck - but let's be real, it's highly likely just nonsense as we have seen again and again.

We, as a community of spiritually inclined individuals, should distance ourselves from lunatics. The ideas that actually are likely to be valid (primacy of conciousness, NDEs, Reincarnation..) have no chance of getting a wider recognition if we are constantly associated with crazy people.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke