Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

Right wing and Russia

27 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I don't have a specifc video or article or any source, but why does it seem that right wingers of America and the west sympathize with Russia and see Russia as a potential ally, where as these same people see China as an enemy. Is it because they see Russia as simply a buffer, or do they see Russia as the last white christian imperial power which should be used to fight against China? Kinda confused on that whole logic and the geopolitics behind it. 

There is a growing isolationist movement that just doesn’t like funding Ukraine at all. Perhaps some like Russia because it is majority Christian and white, and dislike China because it is atheistic and communist. 

40 minutes ago, Raze said:

There is a growing isolationist movement that just doesn’t like funding Ukraine at all. Perhaps some like Russia because it is majority Christian and white, and dislike China because it is atheistic and communist. 

But china is a highly traditional Asian society. Most of the commoners in china believe in some form of religion or superstition 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, kray said:

Unfortunately I don't have a specifc video or article or any source, but why does it seem that right wingers of America and the west sympathize with Russia and see Russia as a potential ally, where as these same people see China as an enemy. Is it because they see Russia as simply a buffer, or do they see Russia as the last white christian imperial power which should be used to fight against China? Kinda confused on that whole logic and the geopolitics behind it. 

1) Just right-wing reactionary group-think. Dems support liberal Ukraine so gotta own the libs.

2) Putin represents an anti-woke, anti-lib agenda which the American dumb right finds appealing, so they foolishly think Putin is their ally.

3) There's been a shift on the dumb right toward isolationism after the failures of Bush's Iraq policies.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes. Half of the US is fascist. Russia is fascist, or at least:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruscism

35%, Trump's core base is no ally to democracy. 
60% is mostly right-wing of some denomination, with some being centrists.
5% I'd estimate, are actual leftists on the political compass.

Why do I say fascist?
Look at the themes of fascism on the right here, and you will see both parties embody some of them, while Republicans embody most.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Posted (edited)

@BlueOak Just calling half the US fascist is oversimplified to me.

Leo's explanation is quite accurate but I would elaborate a bit deeper on it.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's been a shift on the dumb right toward isolationism after the failures of Bush's Iraq policies.

It is not just the Iraq war. It is basically most if not all wars in the middle east for decades. Libya, Syria, Afghanistan too. Americans are tired of war and when they read 2 trillion dollar bill of "War on terror" that barely did much they say "Fuck this, let us go now on our own path". Just happens that Ukraine is on the unlucky moment to be on the receiving end of it. Its not personal against Ukraine. But the reports of Ukranian corruption with the money (whether true or not) have also hurt the American desire for more funding. Go online and read comments. "America first". "60 billion dollars there meanwhile my health care is super expensive" etc etc. These are not really fascists comments. They just prioritize themselves over countries far away. You can call it isolationist or selfish but not fascist. You need to understand that those MAGA hardcore people which may indeed have fascist tendencies do not represent the average American which you call fascist. The average American which you call fascist thinks the way I wrote above.

Also of course they do not think deeply about consequences.

And if I may ask are you Ukranian?

Edited by Karmadhi

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

And if I may ask are you Ukranian?

I am half Russian, half Ukrainian, and half American.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am half Russian, half Ukrainian, and half American.

Are you Leo half-American by biology or by law?

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

1 minute ago, Miguel1 said:

Are you Leo half-American by biology or by law?

By spirit ;)

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

@BlueOak Just calling half the US fascist is oversimplified to me.

The Republicans embody almost all fascist concepts, and the Democrats embody half of them. Did you read the themes in the link, I've done a few posts on them in the past, and if pressed I can do it again but I might as well just quote what i've written already.

I understand that it isn't completely fascist, but it's a relatable enough term at this point.

This isn't bashing America overly much, the UK is getting closer to it too, the world is, which is why we are going back to the period when nation-states fought wars over land. That is what the breakdown of globalization means, and the elimination of the leftwing balancing out nationalist and imperialist voices.

Edited by BlueOak

Calling Dems fascist is a misuse of the term.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Calling Dems fascist is a misuse of the term.

I did not. 

I said they embody half of the themes of fascism, and the republicans embody most of them.

Combined, they make the government, which means America is almost fascist. 

2 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

they embody half of the themes of fascism

Even that is a bridge too far.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even that is a bridge too far.

I'll copy-paste what I've written before. I bemoan this most in America, as I idealized the country at one point, but understand that I am referencing most of the Western world to a greater or lesser extent.

Themes of Fascism (And your two parties embrace of them)

Anti-communism (Both)
Anti-intellectualism (Republican)
Anti-Pacifism (Both)
Authoritarianism (Both taking steps here to avoid debates, silencing dissent where possible)
Corporatism (Both)
Conspiracism (Republican Mostly)
Chauvinism (Republican)
Class collaboration (Both)
Cult of personality (Republican)
Dictatorship (Neither)
Direct action (Republican)
Dirigisme (Neither)
Eugenics (Neither)
Heroic Capitalism (Both)
Heroic realism (Republican)
Imperialism (Both)
Indoctrination (Both)
Interventionism (Both)
Irrationalism (At this point Both)
Machismo/Heroic Masculinity (Republican)
Militarism (Both)
National syndicalism (Republican)
Nationalism (Both)
One-party state (Neither)
Perpetual war (Both though both deny it)
Populism (Republican)
Proletarian nation (Some not much)
Racism (Not touching this one)
Reactionary Modernism (Republican)
Social Darwinism (Both)
Social order (Both)
State capitalism (Neither)
Statolatry (Both given its corporations running things and their idolization)
Supercapitalism (America is in its heroic capitalism still, mostly)
Syncretic politics (Democrat)
Third Position (Neither)
Totalitarianism (Some of this in how your political system crushes anything but two parties)

Source: Themes of fascism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Anti-communism

Lol

That's like saying that you and Hitler share 99% of your DNA.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Lol

That's like saying that you and Hitler share 99% of your genes.

I didn't write the themes, they were decided on by a collective mind. You'd be hard-pressed to argue that communism isn't the boogieman over in America and the UK. One mention of the communist party sunk Corbyn's campaign, and it is constantly stated as a great evil or something to fear.

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am half Russian, half Ukrainian, and half American

Thanks for your response but I was asking actually @BlueOak.

My apologies for the confusion.

I know that you Leo are half Ukranian and Russian and American from your previous posts :) 

Edited by Karmadhi

1 minute ago, Karmadhi said:

Thanks for your response but I was asking actually @BlueOak.

My apologies for the confusion.

I know that you Leo are half Ukranian and Russian and American from your previous posts :) 

I'm half Scottish and half English.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

The Republicans embody almost all fascist concepts, and the Democrats embody half of them. Did you read the themes in the link, I've done a few posts on them in the past, and if pressed I can do it again but I might as well just quote what i've written already.

I understand that it isn't completely fascist, but it's a relatable enough term at this point.

This isn't bashing America overly much, the UK is getting closer to it too, the world is, which is why we are going back to the period when nation-states fought wars over land. That is what the breakdown of globalization means, and the elimination of the leftwing balancing out nationalist and imperialist voices.

American politics was a lot more ruthless and selfish in the past to be honest. They basically installed dictatorships all over Latin America. Carpet bombed with Napalm many countries in South East Asia killing literally over a million civilians and much more.

If this USA is fascist in 2014 I do not know what you would call USA of the 1960s, 1970s.

The only somewhat fascist thing in the USA would be the MAGA group.

Even they are partly because at least they are not really warmongerers.

Rest are just selfish and opportunistic, classic Orange.

Fascism is blue and red.

At least classical fascism.

Edited by Karmadhi