pregnantplatypuss

Don't Get Fooled by RFK Jr

74 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Chemicals turning people gay/trans is not a conspiracy theory. It's a plausible theory. Toxins distrupt proper hormone development.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Chemicals turning people gay/trans is not a conspiracy theory. It's a plausible theory. Toxins distrupt proper hormone development.

Maybe, but I don't think this is the time to communicate such ideas that can be easily misunderstood and weaponized against queer people.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Maybe, but I don't think this is the time to communicate such ideas that can be easily misunderstood and weaponized against queer people.

But if it's true then now is the time to take action and reduce toxins in our food and water supply so that people have normal hormonal development.

Hormone disruption and confusion is harming millions of people.

That is RFK Jr's point. And he's right to speak out about it. Someone has to. Obviously RFK Jr is not homophobic or transphobic. He's not saying it from a place of hate or bigotry.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But if it's true then now is the time to take action and reduce toxins in our food and water supply so that people have normal hormonal development.

That is RFK Jr's point. And he's right to speak out about it. Someone has to. Obviously RFK Jr is not homophobic or transphobic.

Toxins cause a million other problems. Focusing on this sensitive one specifically is not wise.
Btw, I don't think queerness is related to hormones. I think it is related it brain development and genetics. Toxins are somehow increasing the likelihood of abnormal brain development

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Btw, I don't think queerness is related to hormones. I think it is related it brain development and genetics. Toxins are somehow increasing the likelihood of abnormal brain development

Hormones/chemical imbalances in the mother also affect brain development in babies.

There is plenty of science on this.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That is RFK Jr's point. And he's right to speak out about it. Someone has to. Obviously RFK Jr is not homophobic or transphobic. He's not saying it from a place of hate or bigotry.

feels like you're not highlighting the clear bias RFK has against the standard "woke" narrative of liberals like biden. RFK is profiling himself as a less woke alternative to Biden, so he has a lot to gain by assuming his position. 

I do agree with you for the rest though.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bandman said:

RFK is profiling himself as a less woke alternative to Biden

I think RFK is trying to be more woke than Biden, since Biden is being framed as a neolib establishment corporatist centrist. Which he is.

Biden is not woke. Which is why progressives hate him.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

People tend to vote for the least dangerous and most predictable candidate. It has been a trend in both the US and EU. Biden will win without a doubt. Presidents are just puppets anyway. Y'all take it too seriously...

US had a chance to have a good president and wasted it (Ron Paul).

Edited by FourCrossedWands

The chemicals turning people gay is a weak theory for various reasons.

But a better one, which I have only heard from one person, is plastic and other contaminants dreidel get theorized to be causing a decline in testosterone and early puberty in girls, is also causing a rise in gender dysphoria.

1 hour ago, Raze said:

plastic and other contaminants

That's included in "chemicals".

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think RFK is trying to be more woke than Biden, since Biden is being framed as a neolib establishment corporatist centrist. Which he is.

Biden is not woke. Which is why progressives hate him.

Biden is actually turning about to be not nearly as much of a neolib establishment corporatist centrist as he used to be. In fact, he is becoming the most economic populist president since LBJ in the 1960s. He also has arguably become the most pro-union president since FDR. He is making a serious departure from the dominance of neoliberalism even more so than Obama did. His economic policies have drawn on the New Keynesian style economics, which is an upgrade from the older Keynesian style economics that dominated during the extended New Deal era.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

Btw, FYI, RFK jr. is just as anti-Palestinian as Trump is, which obviously means that he has a much worse stance on this issue than Biden does. Plus, he's not offering any new kind policies or any steps towards reaching a bold new vision. His vision or ethos isn't even really new:

(Start at 22:28)

Edited by Hardkill