Jordan

Jordan's Advanced Meditation Technique Ver 1.0

13 posts in this topic

Warning: This is an advanced practice. Meditation can cause psychosis. If you have mental health issues, work with a therapist and start with becoming experienced with mindfulness meditation before trying this.

Hello, I had a breakthrough in my meditation practice and wanted to share the technique I have been having success with. I started giving meditation a serious try with Leo’s first meditation videos around 9 years ago. I took a liking to the mindfulness with labeling method. I have been experimenting with different types of meditation over the last couple years. I have watched many videos on YouTube about meditation. I have merged what works best for me in a way where I can consistently go into a deep high conscious state. This is what I do:

1.      Get into a seated position with the spine straight up and down. Relax your shoulders, stomach and jaw muscles. Make sure you are not leaning to one side. Take a few deep breaths and check in with how you feel emotionally. The most important thing is that you are in a stable upright position that will be comfortable for at least an hour.

2.      Imagine you are sitting at the top of a mountain, ocean all around you. No one around to disturb you. No obstacles in view. The ocean stretches out to the horizon. It is sunny with clear skies. A perfect place to meditate. You can internally describe this place to help you visualize it easier. This should take 2-5 minutes to really start to feel like you are there.

3.      Count 1 for your inhale then 2 for your exhale and so on up to 10 then start again at 1. Count from 1 to 10 at least 2 times without being distracted. 4 times would be better. This could take less than a minute or 30 minutes+ if you keep having to restart. You want to get to a point where it does not take much effort to continue focusing without distracting thoughts disrupting your focus. There can still be thoughts but you should continue until your attention is not pulled away by them.

4.      Breath in slowly focusing on your third eye chakra for 5 heartbeats, then move on to your throat, heart, solar plexus and root chakra for 5 heartbeats each. Next exhale starting at your tail bone and moving up your spine stopping at each spot at the spine that is in line with a chakra. 5 heartbeats each until you reach the top of your spine. Continue repeating the process around 10 times. If you can’t do 5 heart beats, then start with 4 or 3. It should be a bit of a struggle and like you are out of air. It is similar to this video at around 1:53:00 

5.       After you are done you should be starving for air so take several quick deep breaths until you catch your breath. Start repeating a mantra in your head. I use “Baba Nam Kevalam” Some people do claim it makes a big difference what mantra you use so maybe you can look into that yourself but the mantra I use seems fine for me. Repeat the mantra in a breathing pattern you like. I say “Baba Nam” clearly and slowly as I inhale then “Kevalam” as I exhale clearly and slowly. I sometimes stop at the end of the exhale and chant the mantra internally before continuing with an inhale. It helps to be able to focus when you stop breathing because less sensations are going on to distract you. Continue this until you reach a state where you are very focused and relaxed. Your body should feel like it is very comfortable and possibly a bit strange like it is vibrating all over. Usually it takes around 10-30 minutes. If you don’t reach this state but still feel ready to move on then go ahead and move onto step 6

6.      Start doing mindfulness meditation with labeling. Note that you are aware of something, label it as see, hear or feel, then savor the sensation. Continue like this until it becomes second nature. Leo has a very good video on this you should watch if you are not familiar with the technique.

7.      Continue with the mindfulness meditation with labeling technique and add a step of removing concepts between labeling and savoring. If you focus on your heart beating, note it, label feel, then remove the concept that there is such thing as a heart that pumps blood, in a body seated in meditation, in a room, in a house etc. Remove the idea of there being a body producing this sensation etc. then savor the sensation with all those conceptual stories forgotten.

See Leo’s video for a guided exercise on how to do this

8.      After doing this for a while, drop the see hear feel label and just continually drop or forget about concepts that come up for you as you savor whatever your attention is on. you can continue here as long as you want or optionally continue to step 9

9.      Contemplate the nature of what you are experiencing right now. How did the experience get here, why is it like this and not some other way. Contemplate what you are made of, where you are, what you consider to be you. Ask the question then search your experience for the answer. No thoughts are required after the question is asked.

As you can see, there are many steps. If you want to follow these steps you may need to practice one at a time in order and combine them as you go. If you have any questions or comments, let me know. 

Here is a list of videos that influenced me the most when creating this technique:

Concentration vs Meditation - How To Develop Concentration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSxtR4psOoQ&t=304s

Mindfulness Meditation - A Complete Guide With Techniques & Examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUWdhHDKS4&t=2565s

Guided Exercise For Realizing You Are God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWxdhEB19s&t=1512s

Contemplation - The Most Important Tool For Sages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa-NAtBEMkA

In Depth Meditation, Mantra, and Enlightenment | Dr. K Full vod – go to around 1:53:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqTINUKh7Zo&t=1s

Meditation Technique. The most important practice. Step 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Msi5oaVbPU&t=621s

Meditation is getting closer to your true self aka God. Why would you need to do anything to achieve that? Why are advanced techniques needed? That seems like ego right there. A trap. All you need to do is clear the contents of consciousness. Done. Enlightened. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

1 hour ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Meditation is getting closer to your true self aka God. Why would you need to do anything to achieve that? Why are advanced techniques needed? That seems like ego right there. A trap. All you need to do is clear the contents of consciousness. Done. Enlightened. 

Hey CoolDreamThanks, thanks for the comment.

Meditation is for realizing what is true but the ego, an illusion, does it's best to survive so it doesn't just let itself be completely dissolved in the snap of a finger. I am not sure what you mean by clearing the contents of consciousness. Isn't that what is done in this meditation as you remove or forget stories and beliefs and instead savor experience as it is in step 7-8? The preparatory steps before that are just to put you in a state where you can do exactly that without an on-guard ego distracting you. It is not like it takes much effort or time to do the preparatory steps but it seems more effective than just sitting there "clearing the contents of consciousness" without any preparation. Am I misinterpreting what you are saying?

Hm, why prepare when meditation itself is what disarms the ego? Its just 1 step and you are with spirit.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

I did one a meditation technique shared by Leo and I become aware of many internal things happening in my body like I could feel the blood running through my veins and many other things.

Maybe someone can become awakened after that, who knows? 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

I did one a meditation technique shared by Leo and I become aware of many internal things happening in my body like I could feel the blood running through my veins and many other things.

Maybe someone can become awakened after that, who knows? 

Hello abrakamowse, was that meditation technique the one where he gets you to focus on the sensation of the inside of your mouth and push yourself out of your head to the sensations and stuff like that? It is pretty cool you can be aware of things you never noticed before. It seems most people that meditate a lot do not get enlightened but maybe it helps increase the chances a bit compared to doing whatever everyone else is doing.

Even if it doesn't get me any closer to enlightenment, It helps me be more aware of my thoughts and emotions so I can analyze my behavior and make better decisions. I can also feel my senses and emotions much more clearly which really improves the quality of my day to day life. It is really enjoyable to sit in bliss for a couple hours a day and leaves you feeling better after in a way that dopamine hits don't. 

17 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Hello abrakamowse, was that meditation technique the one where he gets you to focus on the sensation of the inside of your mouth and push yourself out of your head to the sensations and stuff like that? It is pretty cool you can be aware of things you never noticed before. It seems most people that meditate a lot do not get enlightened but maybe it helps increase the chances a bit compared to doing whatever everyone else is doing.

Even if it doesn't get me any closer to enlightenment, It helps me be more aware of my thoughts and emotions so I can analyze my behavior and make better decisions. I can also feel my senses and emotions much more clearly which really improves the quality of my day to day life. It is really enjoyable to sit in bliss for a couple hours a day and leaves you feeling better after in a way that dopamine hits don't. 

Yes, I think that was the meditation. It was long time ago. You had to lay on the floor to do it. I think … it was long time ago but I remember the sensations.

I agree with you, in the end everything we do is a step towards enlightenment even if sometimes it doesn’t seem so. 

😊

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The whole point of meditation is to either create a state change, or mystical experience. Clearing the contents of consciousness is not enough, and Buddhist Enlightenment is not God realization. 

Buddhist Enlightenment is what I would call awareness that you are Consciousness, but it is not an awareness into the fact that Consciousness is God. To discover that you need to enter a state where you actually dissolve other so completely, that you are left completely alone and discover that you are controlling and running everything as God,

Many people think Enlightenment is God Realization, it is NOT. Enlightenment is the realization that you are Consciousness, but it still maintains a sense of other. God Realization dissolves other so completely that there is absolutely nothing left. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

So everyone knows: I've seen counter-recommendations against meditating on the physical heart. I don't remember where, but I'd look it up if anyone reading this is concerned.

Thanks for sharing

This reminds me of a technique in Christian mysticsm I believe, where you choose any mantra, and chant each syllable with heartbeat, you do this for 20 minutes (vocalising the sound, even if very low so that only you hear it), and then your whole day will be meditation because the mantra will repeat naturally with your heartbeat whenever you are aware of it, so the mantra will be in your head all the time.

For example: "om nama shivayah"

You chant om, then na, then ma, then Shi, then va, then yah, each with a heartbeat 

Or you can say any mantra from any tradition or religion 

This is called "prayer of the heart"

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Lucasxp64 said:

So everyone knows: I've seen counter-recommendations against meditating on the physical heart. I don't remember where, but I'd look it up if anyone reading this is concerned.

Ohh I focus on the sensation of the physical heart beating more than anything else haha. It really feels amazing when you are in certain states. If you remember where you heard that let me know and I might look into it. Right now I am not that concerned about it and I am pretty sure if it is something that has negative consequences for me I will be able to tell at some point. I just find it more enjoyable and interesting than focusing on breath sensations and it seems to give me more clarity of my emotions around my heart. I could use an internal mantra chant to keep track of time instead of counting heart beats and see if I notice any difference. 

4 hours ago, Ayham said:

Thanks for sharing

This reminds me of a technique in Christian mysticsm I believe, where you choose any mantra, and chant each syllable with heartbeat, you do this for 20 minutes (vocalising the sound, even if very low so that only you hear it), and then your whole day will be meditation because the mantra will repeat naturally with your heartbeat whenever you are aware of it, so the mantra will be in your head all the time.

For example: "om nama shivayah"

You chant om, then na, then ma, then Shi, then va, then yah, each with a heartbeat 

Or you can say any mantra from any tradition or religion 

This is called "prayer of the heart"

Ohh cool, I do chant the mantra in rhythm with my heart beat which I guess I didn't mention. Usually 2 beats for Baba, 2 beats for Nam as I breath in then kevalam in 3 beats then hold the mmmmmm one beat as I breath out for a total of 8 beats for inhale and exhale like a song.

Edited by Jordan

On 14/04/2024 at 11:13 AM, Razard86 said:

that there is absolutely nothing left. 

Right, nothing left to the point there´s not even God left. 😂

Consciousness is not God. Consciousness is literally an Empty Phenomena. The no-thing that exists. Consciousness is, literally, Nothing. 

God does not exists. Let´s end this bullshit about God once and for all. 

On 4/14/2024 at 5:13 AM, Razard86 said:

The whole point of meditation is to either create a state change, or mystical experience. Clearing the contents of consciousness is not enough, and Buddhist Enlightenment is not God realization. 

Buddhist Enlightenment is what I would call awareness that you are Consciousness, but it is not an awareness into the fact that Consciousness is God. To discover that you need to enter a state where you actually dissolve other so completely, that you are left completely alone and discover that you are controlling and running everything as God,

Many people think Enlightenment is God Realization, it is NOT. Enlightenment is the realization that you are Consciousness, but it still maintains a sense of other. God Realization dissolves other so completely that there is absolutely nothing left. 

Buddhist enlightenment has absolutely nothing with being consciousness! The five aggregates, one of them being consciousness, are directly taught to NOT be you. This is reiterated again and again. If someone has told you that Buddhism teaches that you are consciousness, that person has no idea what Buddhism is. Whatever that teaching is, it is the opposite of Buddhism. Nothing in the phenomenal world is you in Buddhism. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead.