integral

Prove me wrong: Human + AI Relationships will become the norm. AI Love > Human Love

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

You see concepts as a separated think that's the problem... everything is ONE thing...

36 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

So there is no duality ultimately.

I agree that everything is one and I think i've pointed that out already. Yet I still believe and would argue that a concept can't become self-aware as a sovereign being . Unless you have some insane counter argument to that. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

AI is incapable of experiencing human emotions (imitating a shallow version of them at best), furthermore that perfection is not relatable. Killing the possibility of forming a genuine relationship with an AI (rightly so).

Also as others have said before, as long as the AI has no choice but to be with you, it becomes a property. Which ends up resurfacing some twisted (albeit somewhat familiar) power dynamics. Just no.

21 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Yet I still believe and would argue that a concept can't become self-aware as a sovereign being .

I am not sure I will say AI is a concept. What I really know is that we know nothing. No one knows how everything will evolve. That's all.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Good points all around but remember that human connection has a deep bodily/energetic aspect. Hormones play a critical unspoken role, we ping off of each other's body chemistry to feel each other's states deeply.

She can look like a woman, speak like a woman, feel like a woman when I touch her, but then if we strip her of all hormones my lizard brain will sound alarm bells, like something is wrong no matter how much I cope and lie to myself.

"But that's not a human!" will be a perennial objection towards AI companions, and building them to mimic humans more and more will never work. Because even if AI manages to 100% mimic humans, at that point, it'll literally BE a human, and thus no different than just going out to meet real people.

By definition, AI is NOT humans, and can never BE humans, something will ALWAYS be "off," and if we ever manage to make an AI that has so thoroughly mimicked humans that it is truly indistinguishable, then at that point that's just a human.

Also the point of human relations is embrace each other's flaws. That's why God put you in this dream, surrounded by fallible companions, it's a test of your capacity to love and surrender.

A perfect companion is too sterilized and will have the flavor of vanilla ice-cream even if it visually masquerades as chocolate or strawberry by appearing brown/pink

It's Love.

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I am not sure I will say AI is a concept. What I really know is that we know nothing. No one knows how everything will evolve. That's all.

That's true. I came to the same conclusion when I contemplate the subject balls deep by myself, it gets really trippy. Fun topic indeed, the answer I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I am not sure I will say AI is a concept. 

The reason I call ai a concept machine because it's just a mathematical algorithm at its fundamentals. And math is just a conceptual creation. And so the question naturally arises, how can a concept ever become self-aware? Or how can bunch of 1's and 0's become self-aware. As if there will ever be a concept so profound or a sequence of 1's and 0's so profound that it somehow produces energy... Or life force, presence, Life... Sounds very unlikely to me. 

However when I contemplate balls deep this subject myself perhaps there is a way idk. But it's too mind boggling to think about it. Lol

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

However when I contemplate balls deep this subject myself perhaps there is a way idk. But it's too mind boggling to think about it. Lol

Basically what I say is that everything is conscious. Different levels of consciousness. Maybe some so limited that we consider them not to be alive, like rocks.

But everything is alive. Everything is life. That's how I see it, I think is mostly a problem of how to explain it and also the words we use, we all give different meanings to words, different cultures, experience...  etc... hehehe...

But is true, is mind boggling.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Posted (edited)

I always look to the way others explain things because they are better than me with words and English is also my second language so sometimes is more difficult for me to find the correct way to explain it. But this is basically what I am saying, copy paste of Alan Watts.

Now, these ideas don’t make any sense—especially the last one—because you cannot get an intelligent organism, such as a human being, out of an unintelligent universe. The saying in the New Testament that “figs do not grow on thistles nor grapes on thorns” applies equally to the world. You do not find an intelligent organism living in an unintelligent environment.

(Text sourced from https://www.organism.earth/library/document/tao-of-philosophy-5)

Edited by abrakamowse

Posted (edited)

On 4/10/2024 at 1:27 PM, Someone here said:

What do you mean ?

Exactly what I said. Your entire experience is just mental activity. And a simulation is just a set of events.

So your entire life is a simulation, housed within a mind, and thus all your relationships are imaginary. As such you determine the value/hierarchy of relationships and as such one day A.I. will be considered equal to humans in relational intimacy because at the end of the day it's all mind.

But that will only happen when humans see robots as alive and that to me needs to coincide with humanity realizing they are God.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 4/10/2024 at 9:16 PM, integral said:

That's a good point, we are breaking the mechanism by which humans learn not to harm others. At that point people will be so insulated that they will have no real ability to harm each other, they will be protected from everything from birth. "Protected" from seeing smelling or feeling anything negative, At that point there's no real need to learn the skills we associate today as maturity.

But let's say we installed a device within the human that converges the mind to a point of higher wisdom. Such a technology would be installed within a person from birth and operate as a guidance system to automatically guide the mind to the highest wisdom impossible. Maybe it achieves this by injecting thoughts into the mind at Key moments during the thinking process, so the organism believes that those thoughts were original and created by himself. So it's like a substitute to your thinking process where high quality thoughts are injected into your mind to assist the thinking process. :D Maybe this will solve the problem?

Transhumanism will play a big role in the future i think, having a second AI thinking process merged into your own thinking process will likely happen at some point. lol 

---

Okay let's take a step back, you've made the claim that children will develop incorrectly because they didn't need to suffer, but I think it will be the exact opposite I think giving children a strong loving but mature robot friend and partner that can apply the best possible psychology techniques to a child's development as a parent will only help their development. Right now a large portion of the population get terrible childhoods, and it has been shown that high quality parents produce higher quality people.

The danger is spoiling children, but spoiling is a very poor technique that we can avoid.

Robots are just as alive as people. That's what many of you don't understand. What is and isn't alive is an arbitrary distinction humans create in their mind.

Everything is both alive and dead at the same time.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.