Phil King

Leo, How Have You Made Money With Just The LP Course?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How have the Life Purpose course and booklist been able to keep you afloat financially for close to a decade? It would seem that you would need to sell close to 1000 courses per year to be successful. Do you have other sources of income? Am I allowed to ask how many courses you have sold? Im asking cause I want to sell infoproducts and im wondering if one good product with good marketing can last for a decade+

Edited by Phil King

There is definitely diminishing returns.

If I cared about money I should have made a lot more courses.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Phil King said:

How have the Life Purpose course and booklist been able to keep you afloat financially for close to a decade? It would seem that you would need to sell close to 1000 courses per year to be successful. Do you have other sources of income? Am I allowed to ask how many courses you have sold? Im asking cause I want to sell infoproducts and im wondering if one good product with good marketing can last for a decade+

He has patreon donations and youtube ads on top of product sales

It's Love.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

I've been searching for a course like yours for months without any luck. It was purely by chance that I stumbled upon it.

In my opinion, it's worth its weight in gold—a true masterpiece.

However, I'm disappointed that despite months of searching with the right keywords, I only found your course by chance. 

I strongly believe this course deserves extensive marketing. It's a gem that more people need to know about.

"Following Leo's psychedelic path to God...or maybe just finding my inner hippie."

@Phil King What Leo did isn't even good marketing. Doesn't mean it's bad marketing either, but he doesn't push the life purpose course at all. He could be a lot more pushy with it. So if you were to sell the same product to the same audience as Leo you could easily double what he's made, just by changing how frequently you mention it and how you talk about it.

I almost see Leo's marketing as "the bare minimum". But this goes to show what his values are towards his audience. Actions speak louder than words, and I admire Leo for this.

Considering the same product, which should be of great value, here are 3 strategies:

• The more selfish option would be to suck as much money as possible from your audience, even if you provide value. For example selling the LP course for $1000+
  • The "least selfish", would be what Leo did, decent pricing and barely mentioning it.
  • And then I would probably go for a third approach, that I believe doesn't hurt anybody much, which is a fair price, but a bit heavier on marketing, watching out to not sound like a greedy salesman.

@RendHeaven If you push your own product just a little bit, or create new products, you can make 10x donations and youtube ads combined per month no problem.

You don't get RICH through Youtube ad revenue by talking about philosophical stuff. A massive, mainstream audience is needed to make big money through Youtube ads.
Note: I don't consider $10k revenue per month being rich. It's more than enough for a great life though.

Posted (edited)

On 4/7/2024 at 4:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

Can I give you a slightly hurtful but hopefully useful bit of advice, @Leo Gura Maybe you don't need different courses, just different sales pages.

The way the life purpose informational page is listed immediately put me off. It's laid out like a cheesy 1980's sales pitch. The whole slimmed-down white page look immediately appears like an MLM scheme would be laid out. Please don't take this too hard, you help a lot of people, it's just me talking about my impression of those layouts in the past. 

If you want to bring in new people, try to present the information in a completely new look/way somewhere else and see if you get different customers. I realize this layout has worked for your existing customers, maybe 3 other types of sales pages would bring in more people. Your only problem is, how do you get those three types of sales pages in front of different people? Rotate the existing one? Put a sales page somewhere else, like a satellite site? Use one for an advert?

Though an updated 2.0 life course wouldn't be a bad idea at some point, its what people do to reward themselves for the effort they put in. Then you can discount 1.0 and sell on that too.

Edited by BlueOak