Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramanujan

What is the secret to success

8 posts in this topic

I wanna listen to your takes on what is the secret to success

Posted (edited)

Luck, Timing, Talent and of course some dedication and commitment as secondary elements..

Luck - Completely random events coming together, somehow being in the right place, meeting right ppl, doing right things all happening at once or in a short period of time..

Timing - certain situations are in place at certain times, so via that one may enter into that sort of thing at the right time so that they can execute a plan or offer a service or product!

Talent - One must know their subject matter, be an expert or master at it, and be able to spontaneously create or take advantage of something coming into their life...

Look at Stallone, came from almost nothing, yeah he had some small acting roles, but when that didn't pan out he thought about writing, and isolated himself, wrote some shit screen plays, but went out, saw the Ali fight, had an idea, wrote it down, offered it up, got the right opportunity, stuck to his guns, re wrote the script many times, and when the movie came out (they didn't think it would be offered up in big venues, maybe drive ins or even released), it made it big time (the timing was right, it was anti hero, very negative type films coming out at that time, nothing like Rocky was made or in anyone's mind to be made except Stallone), and here we are some 48yrs later and the guy is still in the public eye and has had lots of material and fame success and admiration from millions, beside the fact he has inspired billions of ppl...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Having a really solid but lofty vision for yourself and reminding yourself of that vision everyday, as frequently as possible. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

Make a ton of mistakes and failures first, then we can talk ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

Make a ton of mistakes and failures first, then we can talk ;)

Make your mistakes and failures consciously, with full awareness 

I have two perspectives.

Perspective 1:
Ambition = Desire + Discipline

Presence = Mindfulness + Satisfaction + playfulness

Ambition + Presence = Success

Perspective 2:

Be + Do = Have

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

3 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Luck, Timing, Talent and of course some dedication and commitment as secondary elements..

Luck - Completely random events coming together, somehow being in the right place, meeting right ppl, doing right things all happening at once or in a short period of time..

Timing - certain situations are in place at certain times, so via that one may enter into that sort of thing at the right time so that they can execute a plan or offer a service or product!

Talent - One must know their subject matter, be an expert or master at it, and be able to spontaneously create or take advantage of something coming into their life...

Look at Stallone, came from almost nothing, yeah he had some small acting roles, but when that didn't pan out he thought about writing, and isolated himself, wrote some shit screen plays, but went out, saw the Ali fight, had an idea, wrote it down, offered it up, got the right opportunity, stuck to his guns, re wrote the script many times, and when the movie came out (they didn't think it would be offered up in big venues, maybe drive ins or even released), it made it big time (the timing was right, it was anti hero, very negative type films coming out at that time, nothing like Rocky was made or in anyone's mind to be made except Stallone), and here we are some 48yrs later and the guy is still in the public eye and has had lots of material and fame success and admiration from millions, beside the fact he has inspired billions of ppl...

So accurate. Spot on

2 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

Having a really solid but lofty vision for yourself and reminding yourself of that vision everyday, as frequently as possible. 

+ taking massive action ofcourse