Stoica Doru

Need Your Help

12 posts in this topic

How can I avoid not getting emotional triggered and don't let myself being controlled by the spiritual ego whenever I find myself in a circle that speaks about the spiritual/existential/philosophical things? I find myself preaching in a manner that Russell Brand does, and I don't want to be overly dogmatic about the non-dualilty thing, cause it's quite a paradox. 

I find it quite frustrating and somewhat disappointing that some people can't reach the non-dual truth. It's such a shame... 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

but you are not getting emotional, who is preaching?

try not to self identify with the teachings. you are not the body, you are not teaching. the words of non duality are not it, they only point to it. it's like a road-sign to a restaurant, the sign is not the restaurant.

I feel you. I just try to avoid doing it all together because most people are so locked in their paradigm that they just assume that I'm crazy and then I get frustrated, it is a shame.

If people would feel existence as you feel it,  then you all would have the same understanding. :)

My opinion is that there is no point in intellectual debates. If you want to broaden the understanding of others, you have to show them the emotional realm you are in. It's not egoic to sprinkle love into conversations. 

Thank you for your question. :)

This is funny because the same people who disagree with you would probably be saying the same thing about you as well. 

Once you are on the path of spirituality, you should not have the craving to control how people think. It's their perception just like you have your perception. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions. You're supposed to express openly what your opinions are and let them have theirs. 

From the nature of your post it seems that you want everyone to think as you do. No. That's not going to happen. That's the bitter pill you need to push down your throat. 

You get the frustration because you've a need to be self righteous. We all do. But once get rid of egoic tendencies, you'll look at the world like a silent observer. You'd stop expecting people to be a certain way. 

Debates are always frustrating because everyone is trying to prove they are somehow right. One of the reasons I never get into debates. But the tragedy is they don't realize that everyone has different minds and difference perspectives on the same subject and all perspectives should be welcome instead of trying to debate it. Healthy debates do not create frustration because people are respectful of each other opinions and give ample space to each other. 

The debates that are frustrating are the ones where people have huge egos and tend dominate others with their opinions and create tension. 

Embrace yourself and the world. You cannot change the world because it is at is whether perfect or not. You have to give contributions and do the best you can to bring a positive change. But don't expect the entire world to change..

Be at peace with yourself. The world is not in your palms !!

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

Debates are always frustrating because everyone is trying to prove they are somehow right

Hmmm only believes have a tendency that they need to get proven.

True knowledge doesnt need proof or debates its just is.

@WelcometoReality It comes from seeing their blindspots at certain times, and wishing to help them. However, I'm not emotional triggered in the extreme way. It's quite a shame that we know and perceive as we do, and we can't just offer our help for granted. 

@Loreena Totally agree. Most of the times I watch detached, apart from others, as they are not something to bother with, but we should also be able to share some insights that might help others in a philosophical manner at least. I also want to avoid debates, cause it's just some ego bowl of paradigms. 

@Stoica Doru So what's the belief? This is not about them. It's about you. ?

Is it about the importance to know about non-duality? That they should be in another way than they are?

@WelcometoReality Yeah, that's pretty much it. But it rarely happens. I find it funny that they move in circles, around philosophies, when the door to the core of existence is in the Present Moment, and in the mindless state. 

@Stoica Doru Yes it's funny. ?And I get the same thoughts about people from time to time. A long walk in the woods is usually enough to realease those thoughts.

Edited by WelcometoReality
Tpyo

When you are frustrated you are living in the past. Thinking about things that happened some time ago. Are they now here?
You are frustrated, because you have a story of how things should be, and it is not playing out how you imagined. Now you are worrying about the future, trying to figure out how to do it better next time.
This is text-book selfing, or self-identifying. There is no reason for awareness to teach, you should just be able to be being itself, now.

I have a similar problem when i'm aware. My brain will start thinking and imagining how i would explain it to one of my friends who is interested.
Or even how i will explain it in these forums. This makes my brain like some kind of tiger, ready to jump on whatever should happen during awareness. If it pounces, i am lost. constantly searching for clever insights, instead of just being pure awareness. I'm living in the future, excited to explain next time i see my friend, but this is not enlightenment, this is the self.

Work more on your own enlightenment, not on that of others. You are giving control of your self, of your own enlightenment away to others by teaching about it.