Buck Edwards

Has spirituality been a happy experience for you?

8 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Are there dark sides to this path? Did you experience hopelessness and a sense of frustration where you felt like you ain't getting to anything? 

Share. 

It is a long journey brother, happiness, sadnesses, being up and down, love, being scared, getting lost, confusion, etc... however, I never think that I am not getting anything. Because, after all my research, everyone was saying that completely surrendering. That's how I began to path. And after that it was just falling down from the hill, till hit the bottom. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

I made the mistake to go full deep in spirituality before having all my economy adressed, I mean generating passive income.

I was in an advanced state, meditated all day and disatached to the ego acting like pure consciusness, life was happy, but then run out of money and have to come back to the matrix to work in a shitty job.

When you reached some spiritual level, going to the mud acting as an ego in society it feels like a kick in the balls.

You are forced to have an ego to navigate in society as an individual.

Edited by Shawn Philips

Just now, Shawn Philips said:

I made the mistake to go full deep in spirituality before having all my economy adressed, I mean generating passive income.

I was in an advanced state, mediatted all day and disatached to de ego acting like pure consciusness, life was happy, but the run out of money and have to come back to the matrix to work in a shitty job.

When you reached some spiritual level, going to the mud acting as an ego in society it feels like a kick in the balls.

You are forced to have an ego to navigate in society as an individual.

Yes that's what I meant. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

@Buck Edwards A very rough path. Existentialism. Nihilism. Solipsism. Constructs and truths keep falling. It is very disconcerting. A lot of insecurity. But also a liberation if you can focus on positivity.

It is like the movie The Truman Show except we build our own Truman Shows. We are all living in our own self delusions. The ego is a liar and it is running the show. We are the guilty party. There is no one to blame. We create our own prisons. It is hard to face this continually. The horizon keeps receding.

Ignorance is bliss. We have an instinct to know absolute truth. I do feel better moving towards truth. But sometimes I do wish I was still a big dummy and asleep.

Just now, Soul Flight said:

@Buck Edwards A very rough path. Existentialism. Nihilism. Solipsism. Constructs and truths keep falling. It is very disconcerting. A lot of insecurity. But also a liberation if you can focus on positivity.

It is like the movie The Truman Show except we build our own Truman Shows. We are all living in our own self delusions. The ego is a liar and it is running the show. We are the guilty party. There is no one to blame. We create our own prisons. It is hard to face this continually. The horizon keeps receding.

Ignorance is bliss. We have an instinct to know absolute truth. I do feel better moving towards truth. But sometimes I do wish I was still a big dummy and asleep.

Awesome man. 

4 hours ago, James123 said:

It is a long journey brother, happiness, sadnesses, being up and down, love, being scared, getting lost, confusion, etc... however, I never think that I am not getting anything. Because, after all my research, everyone was saying that completely surrendering. That's how I began to path. And after that it was just falling down from the hill, till hit the bottom. 

Glad to hear. 

@Buck Edwards Like others has said, its been an Up an Down emotional rollercoaster of sorts...There are small amounts of time where I think maybe it would be great to be super ignorant about life and things, but in my everyday life I see lots of ignorant ppl doing stupid things and then I come back to my senses and am glad that I've had an inner awakening. Ignorance is Bliss only until life hits You hard then You know the truth of the matter..

Sadhguru says when on the Spiritual path, life will go fast forward for You, especially if You want to go all the way within this life time, so what happens to most ppl in 2, 3 or 4 lifetimes can happen to You in this one, in 25 yrs or less, and then there is the Karma that we have to deal with and at the same time stop creating more, so that is why the basics have to be taken care of first, establishing a base experience of Peace or Bliss first, no matter what is going on in or around You, Your Peaceful of Your own nature (accept all the is, Live Now totally, Respond vs Reacting takes care of this), then once that is established You can go fast forward on the spiritual path and not be worried about "What about Me", if Your concerned about Yourself then it won't work...

So in the beginning for me, once I started some serious Sadhana, it was very happy/blissed out and full of energy, then things in life happened, ppl in my family passed away, and disappointments happened, and it does affect one's inner state, but I don't stay in those lower states very long, I think all the sadhana and studying has something to do with that, generally I'm happy go lucky, easy to forgive, I'm generous and naturally kind to ppl and wish them all the best for their lives, but I want more for myself regarding my inner experience and making it more stable, intense and blissful, then seeing where it takes my from there..Some times the feeling of not wanting to experience the Human experience comes over me, like I have been thru this cycle too many times before, but I have no specific memories of past lives...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru