Princess Arabia

Is Consciousness Getting To Know Itself

73 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Can reality be created, destroyed or defined?

absolutely 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

absolutely 

How?

Why so serious?

About Reality being created or destroyed, this is a question I think of Subjectivity and Objectivity and in some ways is a paradox.  Subjectivity is the only thing each of us has, all Your experiences happen within YOU, all Your God complexes, Imaginary things, Illusion/Maya, Ego and such all happen within You, so when Your in Deep sleep, not conscious really, nothing exists for You, the World and Universe is gone, but is it really?

Objectively there is the rest of Us, and the World and Universe too, we know this because we experience it everyday via our 5 senses, which even though they are only showing us a miniscule of data that is available, its still showing us something, but this is a paradox, one could say that what we are perceiving via our 5 senses can be imaginary or made up in some ways, but tell that to the ppl in Gaza suffering like crazy right now, ask them if their suffering is imaginary, I bet they will say a big NO to you!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

3 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Subjectivity is the only thing each of us has, all Your experiences happen within YOU, all Your God complexes, Imaginary things, Illusion/Maya, Ego and such all happen within You

All experiences happen within reality, as does the concept of you/You.

It doesn't matter if you write the word "you" with a capital Y or not; in both cases it's a concept aka. a something appearing within EVERYTHING.

Why so serious?

22 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

All experiences happen within reality, as does the concept of you/You.

It doesn't matter if you write the word "you" with a capital Y or not; in both cases it's a concept aka. a something appearing within EVERYTHING.

First what is "Reality"?

Second how do You experience this Reality, and if it is conceptual, or imaginary, how is that possible without a body, mind, ability to create concept or imagination in the first place... This sort of stuff is one big loop, it goes round and round and gets one know where imo, what one needs to do is ride the loop so it goes in a straight line, imaginary or not lol...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

How?

Like painting, you are transforming the original canvas, creating something new, and defining what that means.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

42 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

First what is "Reality"?

It's THIS!

42 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Second how do You experience this Reality, and if it is conceptual, or imaginary,

It's neither conceptual nor imaginary. A thing that is conceptual is a limited something, not the unlimited EVERYTHING that contains all possible somethings. And a thing that is "imaginary" is by definition imagined by someone; but since reality is EVERYTHING, it must necessarily contain that someone, and how can it possibly be imagined by the thing that it contains? See?

52 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

This sort of stuff is one big loop, it goes round and round and gets one know where imo, what one needs to do is ride the loop so it goes in a straight line, imaginary or not lol...

What you need to do is to throw all stories about THIS overboard (or at least not take them seriously) and recognize THIS directly.

Why so serious?

47 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Like painting, you are transforming the original canvas, creating something new, and defining what that means.

Who is the painter?

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It's THIS!

It's neither conceptual nor imaginary. A thing that is conceptual is a limited something, not the unlimited EVERYTHING that contains all possible somethings. And a thing that is "imaginary" is by definition imagined by someone; but since reality is EVERYTHING, it must necessarily contain that someone, and how can it possibly be imagined by the thing that it contains? See?

What you need to do is to throw all stories about THIS overboard (or at least not take them seriously) and recognize THIS directly.

This why I don't talk like many here do (imaginary, its a dream, maya/illusionary, etc) because it gets one know where Experientially, since we are here on a forum communicating with one another lol, there's no point in using those terminologies or even going in that sort of direction of Absolutism, or God talk, just because as you say its about recognizing it directly, which is subjectivity in essence, much better to talk about tangible relatable practical things, like Inner Experience (am I peaceful of my own nature), energy rising or lowering, accepting, responding and living in present moment awareness rather than memory/imagination, this gets some one somewhere other than their current experience of life imo, from that high states of Realization and Consciousness come into play naturally, no need to figure it out, explain it, describe it and such...

Edited by Ishanga

6 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

because as you say its about recognizing it directly, which is subjectivity in essence

"Objective" and "subjective" are also mere conceptual categories. Once you recognize THIS, these categories become meaningless.

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

"Objective" and "subjective" are also mere conceptual categories. Once you recognize THIS, these categories become meaningless.

I don't agree that these things are conceptual, maybe once You are in a Oneness state yes then all of the collapses, but one cannot survive with the body/mind complex on this material planet in that state, so one has to balance it and realize there are levels to it all. It ridiculous to say all of that is "concept" or 'imaginary", as I have said before go to Gaza, tell the Parent that just lost their child to some explosion that what they are feeling is imaginary and that their kid was imaginary and that whole situation is imaginary, you or know here won't because they know that is BS.. The thread on the Society forum about Israel/Gaza is like the biggest thing going on here, if its all imaginary that what's up with that lol...

Edited by Ishanga

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga

Anything that can be put into words is conceptual. But reality is real, by definition. And guess what, concepts are also real; they are an undeniable part of the here and now, otherwise we could not talk about them. It's just that they are concepts, nothing more, nothing less. Feelings are also real, as are the mental stories connected to them. They definitely exist... as feelings, as stories. And you can honor and acknowledge them, while also clearly seeing what they actually are.

Nothing needs to be denied or rejected, it just has to be recognized for what it is.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

On 3/17/2024 at 5:07 AM, Princess Arabia said:

Does Consciousness knows itself in and out, or is it getting to know itself. We say it's all knowing, then we say we are Consciousness, but then again we barely know the SELF

Whatever you think you should know about your self fades away once you just be yourself, there's nothing to know about the self if you stop imagining that there's. And once you do, you'll know everything.

Be yourself, know the self by being yourself, by being thoughtless.

Edited by m0hsen