Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawn Philips

I've been 8 years working on my life purpose but it never comes

6 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's LP course back in 2016 , found my vision and started saving most of my earnings.

Basically my purpose was to buy land and create a self-sustainable farm to quit the matrix, grow food for me, family, friends, and make workshops to teach others to cultivate organic food without pesticides...

The thing is I've been saving the 65% of what I earn, and due taxes, inflation, price of food... I still dont have the money needed for my project.

I dont contemplate loans and debts. It feels like I'll have to wait 7 or 10 years more to have the money.

But I live a cognitive dissonance working on a job I hate to earn money to quit but that day never comes. I'm super unhappy with my life because it feels like my effort has no outcome.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

I'm super unhappy with my life because it feels like my effort has no outcome.

Let's tackle with this issue:

- The aim is very complicated and lengthy to achieve as it is with life's purposes. What you are trying to achieve is not a static thing. Immagine if you did buy a house but now you are drafted to go to a war or you get a terrible disease, so many people in the world don't know if they will eat today and everybody can't get a house and live "off the grid", because you will be over some people in society, and there are people below you, trying to get ahead you. The thing that you are actively trying to better your life is worth congratulating.

- Try to improve some aspect related to your life purpose. Take a loan for the house or switch to a job which you value more. If I was working in neem powder production company or groundnut farm or water filtering company or whatever i would really consume myself, I would really stand by it, it would make me appreciate my job more.

- what you are trying to achieve is health. Are the pesticides your only worry? Really? There are other aspects to your health which you can improve to cover minimize the risk of pesticides influencing your health like finding the right frequencyto eat, type of food, fasting, superfoods and supplements, yoga or workout routine etc. etc. Which means you maybe have to sacrifice time to research it and have to quit some thing you like like coffee maybe or refined sugars etc. But in the end you will have health, and even then your health can go bad which is related to point 1 thar your life purpose is not static.

- I hope this helps you to find where you stand in life and figure what mentality to have to benefit your journey further.

Peace.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

If you really want to achieve your goals, you will go for them. You would source for a suitable land and approach agent and ask about land price. Few people actually paid 100% on the land they purchased. Most people borrowed or took on around 80% loans.

You can start approaching financial officials to see how you can purchase a land and start building a farm. Saving money is just one step. Anyone can say they save money from 10% to 80%. The next step is to go out and ask more questions on how you can buy your land and build your place.

Edited by hyruga

Posted (edited)

If the math doesn’t add up your business will never come to existence. You need to know the exact costs and the exact amount of time you need to gather the money. Perhaps you will find out what you don’t want to find out.  And perhaps it will be painful but it is more painful to work on a plan for 10 years that is unrealistic and doomed for failure. 

Edited by StarStruck

you need to develop a skill that gets you paid well. 1-2 years should have been enough to acquire the piece of land.

Have you made any small bets? Like working on someone else's farm or growing food at home?