TheGod

I was happier as a kid

249 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yes, none of that.

Impatience is the same as boredom created through a perception of time. You perceive it by imagining yourself in a desired future scenario. There is zero perception of time so that cannot occur anymore.

Hmm. That's quite a big claim : D

Well... If you say it's true I'll take your word for it. Tho normally I would find it hard to believe. To say there are no more insecureties and impatience is a really really big claim to me that only very few in a 1000years are able to achieve. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I sort of agree. In my understanding the desire shifts from serving the ego to serving the whole. And serving THE Whole is pure love. And the more you serve the whole the more love you feel. So every action that eminates out of you becomes just pure expression of love at that point that is not ego centric anymore. Actions are no longer in service to the "little me" would be another way of saying it. 

That is correct. The only emotion worth desiring is love. It is the most intelligent thing to do. Your imperative essentially becomes to change your environment in order to facilitate that emotion, in whichever way you want to manifest it.

It is very interesting how it works. The baseline emotion becomes "peace" or "content" which are forms of love, because there is no desire at the baseline. If you have no desires, then that fulfills your desires, which creates a positive emotion. It's like a double-negative type of thing; the desire to have no desire fulfills itself, creating a baseline emotion of being content.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

To say there are no more insecureties and impatience is a really really big claim to me that only very few in a 1000years are able to achieve. 

I imagine that once people start doing a better job of teaching it, it will increase quite a bit. I really feel like people just don't explain it well enough. That is one big factor, and also it seems that no one really cares about observing their experience. Otherwise it really is a simple shift which can definitely happen through self-inquiry. If you have a desire to observe and examine your experience, you are already a big outlier.

It is not a matter of fighting or pushing away fear, it is realizing that the object of fear does not exist in the first place. Impatience is imagined time. Insecurity is an imagined self which is contrasted with your current experience.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Idk, in my understanding emotions are not situational. Emotion is a response to a situation. And you will respond to a situation depending on what you wish to serve. The little me or The whole. And if you are only interested in serving The Whole because you know that you are actually serving yourself and everything is one. Then... It's a different world altogether. 

There is no difference between the emotion and the situation itself. If you say the emotion is a response to the situation, then that emotion cannot exist without the situation. They both depend on each other and thus they are literally the same. The subject-object duality collapses.

Edited by Osaid

@Osaid 

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

They both depend on each other and thus they are literally the same. The subject-object duality collapses.

What if. My response to everything is love while situations are keep changing. Wouldn't that prove that my response is not dependent on the situation? 

10 minutes ago, Osaid said:

It is very interesting how it works. The baseline emotion becomes "peace" or "content" which are forms of love, because there is no desire at the baseline. If you have no desires, then that fulfills your desires, which creates a positive emotion. It's like a double-negative type of thing; the desire to have no desire fulfills itself, creating a baseline emotion of being content.

@Osaid nice way of putting it. 

Posted (edited)

@Osaid @Osaid well... I wonder if you realize the weight of claiming to have escaped all misery that gets generated by the ego. 

A part of me thinks there's probably lack of self awareness and lack of appreciation in you of how many subtle layers of unpeace can there be. But it's just my gut feeling. But good for you if it's true:) 

22 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

well... I wonder if you realize the weight of claiming to have escaped all misery that gets generated by the ego.

I dislike that there is "weight" because it is such a simple misperception which causes so much suffering. It should be seen as simple and easy and mandatory. That is part of why I try to communicate it so bluntly and simply.

A part of me thinks there's probably lack of self awareness and lack of appreciation in you of how many subtle layers of unpeace can there be. But it's just my gut feeling. But good for you if it's true:) 

That seems to be a common sentiment at this point. Skepticism is fine as long as it doesn't diminish your inquiry or you don't turn it into some standard which you project onto your inquiries.

Edited by Osaid

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I dislike that there is "weight" because it is such a simple misperception which causes so much suffering. It should be seen as simple and easy and mandatory. That is part of why I try to communicate it so bluntly and simply.

@Osaid @Osaid the realization might be simple according to you. But the elimination of misery has so many layers... That is what I wonder if you truly appreciate the depths of it by saying you have ended all of it... Big statements... Big big big statements.... Super gigantic statements right there. 

37 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Salvijus said:

@Osaid @Osaid well... I wonder if you realize the weight of claiming to have escaped all misery that gets generated by the ego. 

A part of me thinks there's probably lack of self awareness and lack of appreciation of how many layers of unpeace can there be. But it's just my gut feeling. But good for you if it's true:) 

I see the thing different. Only one thing matters in the spiritual matter: openness to the substance of reality, to the source. It is very useful to cause this opening artificially, with chemistry. This is not easy, it is a science and a challenge. Once this has happened, you know what you want, what you don't know is how to achieve it nor can anyone tell you, it is a personal and unique path.

You must identify what blocks you and work on it, be quite perceptive, have faith only in yourself, and be tenacious. Once you achieve a more or less permanent opening you have access to the source of happiness, which is what you are. You have a constant flow of happiness, which can obviously stop if you are thrown into a cage with hyenas, for example. then you can have desires, do whatever you want, pursue money, sex, do nothing...whatever your reality dictates to you in each vital moment, follow the obvious flow that life presents to you, you will know it and the openness It will be easy and available at almost any time, increasing more and more since you flow in the correct direction by instinct. 

If something serious happens, such as illness, financial ruin, it is very possible that you will see the necessary cosmic movement and accept the situation as your reality and openness will still be possible. You can have desires and they are frustrated, this is a source of frustration but it is taken as something secondary if the openness to reality is a fact. End of suffering is not the end of the Desire is the openess to the alive Infinity. You could say that your desires are aligned with the desires if the source, but desire is still there, and pain, sadness, frustration, etc, but always floating in the substance of existence, that is happiness 

Posted (edited)

@Osaid the problem is, some people are completely oblivious to their inner conditions and they always think they are "fine" when in reality they are "far from fine".

I'm not saying it's you. But in general. Many people are quite blind to the levels of misery that lives deep deep inside them. Often would even say they are happy to others with a big smile on their face lol. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

the realization might be simple according to you. But the elimination of misery has so many layers... That is what I wonder if you truly appreciate the depths of it by saying you have ended all of it... Big statements... Big big big statements.... Super gigantic statements right there. 

Right, it seems that way. Believe it or not, all those layers are perpetuated by a singular misperception: That you can imagine yourself. It is like the butterfly effect. If you spend a lifetime imagining yourself you will create all sorts of elaborate miseries and boundaries about yourself.

Your imagination of yourself is equivalent to the perception of time. What would your experience be like if you weren't afflicted by time anymore? 

Really think about it, though. It must be simple and intuitive, if worms or babies or animals are free of mental suffering.

Edited by Osaid

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Your imagination of yourself is equivalent to the perception of time. What would your experience be like if you weren't afflicted by time anymore? 

I would be able to sit with eyes closed for 50 years and not even notice it. 

Now you see the size of weight of claiming to have transcended impatience? 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You must identify what blocks you and work on it, be quite perceptive, have faith only in yourself, and be tenacious. Once you achieve a more or less permanent opening you have access to the source of happiness, which is what you are. You have a constant flow of happiness, which can obviously stop if you are thrown into a cage with hyenas, for example. then you can have desires, do whatever you want, pursue money, sex, do nothing...whatever your reality dictates to you in each vital moment, follow the obvious flow that life presents to you, you will know it and the openness It will be easy and available at almost any time, increasing more and more since you flow in the correct direction by instinct. 

I like this part. 

End of suffering is not the end of the Desire is the openess to the alive Infinity. You could say that your desires are aligned with the desires if the source

And this. 

but desire is still there, and pain, sadness, frustration, etc

But not this :D but I don't have the energy to disagree anymore :D

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

the problem is, some people are completely oblivious to their inner conditions and they always think they are "fine" when in reality they are "far from fine".

They might think it, but they will certainly feel otherwise. The feeling is like a dashboard indicator which continues to pop up until they alleviate the cognitive dissonance.

Edited by Osaid

Just now, Salvijus said:

But not this :D

Thats life, hard game. But if you are open is a game, not a drama

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I would be able to sit with eyes closed for 50 years and not even notice it. 

@Osaid I want to hear your thoughts on this :D

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I would be able to sit with eyes closed foe 50 years and not even notice it. 

You can frame it that way, but logically you can very easily understand that past and future must be imagined, because there is only what is happening right now.

Sitting in the same spot for 50 years would be physically taxing, but irrelevant to time. Physical sensations do not indicate time because they are always experienced presently.

If you say that you experience past and future (time), I can very simply say: How can something which experiences both past and future be experienced? It is impossible for past and future to occur at the same time. There must be a fundamental error in how you perceive yourself somewhere.

Edited by Osaid

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

You can frame it that way, but logically you can very easily understand that past and future must be imagined, because there is only what is happening right now.

Sitting in the same spot for 50 years would be physically taxing, but irrelevant to time.

If you say that you experience past and future (time), I can very simply say: How can something which experiences both past and future be experienced? It is impossible for past and future to occur at the same time. There must be a fundamental error in how you perceive yourself somewhere.

Whaaaaaat. :D

Lol what kind of logic bending gymnastics is this :D

I don’t know how you were able to dodge the question so eloquently lol. But let me get this straight. You're claiming you can sit for 50years with absolutely no sense of restlessness or impatience? :D

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

But let me get this straight. You're claiming you can sit for 50years with absolutely no sense of restlessness or impatience?

If I had to go through that I would not experience restlessness or impatience, yes. Probably just physical pain. I would never do that though lol.

Edited by Osaid