Inliytened1

The importance of Suffering

236 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2024 at 4:18 AM, Buck Edwards said:

You can't be kind to everyone. Fact of life. 

Believe me you can. Check out Rumi.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I kinda like Sadhguru's take on suffering. He says the more spiritual you will become, the more you will suffer, because you are living life in fast forward. you are burning through karma and are really trying to find the truth... I mean in the end everyone in spirituality is looking for that ultimate thing, which of course means the ultimate sacrifice... like Mahasamadhi/a full submission and dissappating of the self, the ultimate death... of course you're going to suffer more if your soul is moving in that direction. 

It kinda makes sense that to claim infinite sovereignity over reality it would require the sacrifice of ultimate suffering first, the harrowing of hell.

But maybe I am mistaken.

@Inliytened1is it necessary that the ego needs to experience so much discomfort that it has no choice but to give in? Does one needs to push his comfort zone past the limit to reach nirvana?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Inliytened1is it necessary that the ego needs to experience so much discomfort that it has no choice but to give in? Does one needs to push his comfort zone past the limit to reach nirvana?

Yes.  But you can't go actively looking for it.  You have to suffer of your own doing - out of selfishness - until you reach a point where living with yourself is torment.   That's when you will hit nirvana

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes.  But you can't go actively looking for it.  You have to suffer of your own doing - out of selfishness - until you reach a point where living with yourself is torment.   That's when you will hit nirvana

But the Buddha deliberately looked for it . He left his royal house and went to the forest without food or water to isolate himself in meditation until he became so skinny and was about to die but in a flashy moment he finally woke up so to speak .

In all religious and mystical traditions there is some kind of Jihad to reach nirvana.  Life will throw tomatoes at you anyways..so why not go actively looking for it to conquer that bitch called life ?

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But the Buddha deliberately looked for it . He left his royal house and went to the forest without food or water to isolate himself in meditation until he became so skinny and was about to die but in a flashy moment he finally woke up so to speak .

In all religious and mystical traditions there is some kind of Jihad to reach nirvana.  Life will throw tomatoes at you anyways..so why not go actively looking for it to conquer that bitch called life ?

I guess it's possible.  But the Buddha is just a story after all.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I guess it's possible.  But the Buddha is just a story after all.  

This answer sounds like you are bored or not in the mood to ramble about stuff 😂. 

I'll leave ya alone. 

-Osho

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This answer sounds like you are bored or not in the mood to ramble about stuff 😂. 

I'll leave ya alone. 

As long as you are legitimately suffering- the results will be the same.   But it gets tricky because if the ego is intentionally doing it that that  in itself is selfishness.   So yeah - if you are able to actually starve yourself - the results are the same .  You will suffer and experience God.   So go do it.  Much easier said than done.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

As long as you are legitimately suffering- the results will be the same.   But it gets tricky because of the ego is intentionally doing it that in itself is selfishness.   So yeah - if you are able to actually starve yourself - the results are fhe same .  You will suffer and experience God.   So go do it.  Much easier said than done.

Yup.

I'm thinking about doing it . Maybe I'll do water fasting for few days and isolate myself in a dark room or packing my stuff and go meditate in the mountains in a cave like sikh ☬ type of stuff . Might discover something or might just waste my time :)

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yup.

I'm thinking about doing it . Maybe I'll do water fasting for few days and isolate myself in a dark room or packing my stuff and go meditate in the mountains in a cave like sikh ☬ type of stuff . Might discover something or might just waste my time :)

If you truly desire Truth you must be willing to die for it.  The thirst for Truth must surpass the will to live.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you truly desire Truth you must be willing to die for it.  The thirst for Truth must surpass the will to live.  

I can't.  I'm attached to life like a sucker. I only deep down care about pleasure and escaping suffering. 

I do intuit that full awakening must at first have some Nihilistic periods..but I'm afraid of going all the way . 

For instance I know that solipsism is true but I just cannot fucking accept it . I can't. Its too much .its too fucking much. I can't. I can't. I can't  lol 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I can't.  I'm attached to life like a sucker. I only deep down care about pleasure and escaping suffering. 

I do intuit that full awakening must at first have some Nihilistic periods..but I'm afraid of going all the way . 

For instance I know that solipsism is true but I just cannot fucking accept it . I can't. Its too much .its too fucking much. I can't. I can't. I can't  lol 

That's OK.  You can still have Truth.  You just have to shut that off.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The more you suffer the less awake you are, suffering leads directly to more suffering, no suffering has ever lead to love or any good thing ever and never will, everyone is confused, it's something else, think again, you should suffer less not more, there is no justification for suffering and never will be, you don't need or have to tolerate suffering for even a single moment, not even that you shouldn't even need to have ever suffered to know that you shouldn't ever suffer, any loopholes?

11 minutes ago, seriousman24 said:

The more you suffer the less awake you are, suffering leads directly to more suffering, no suffering has ever lead to love or any good thing ever and never will, everyone is confused, it's something else, think again, you should suffer less not more, there is no justification for suffering and never will be, you don't need or have to tolerate suffering for even a single moment, not even that you shouldn't even need to have ever suffered to know that you shouldn't ever suffer, any loopholes?

I wish this were correct but alas it is not.   The suffering for a lost love can awaken you far quicker than 5-MeO DMT. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

I wish this were correct but alas it is not.   The suffering for a lost love can awaken you far quicker than 5-MeO DMT. 

That might make you try to repeat your suffering again in hopes of recreating an awakening once it dies out and if it fails to awaken you what will you do? Maybe you'll try even more suffering, you'll get your awakening and then hell begins as you get thrown in a loop chasing awakenings, the suffering will win out in the end because it is destructive in a non constructive way and the awakenings are weaker because they're byproducts of the suffering instead of self contained/created.

Instead of creating or waiting for suffering to induce an awakening we should destroy suffering even where there is none just like love springs out from nothing maybe we can also destroy nothing to create a virtuous cycle of creation and destruction thereby doing the same thing that suffering does but without actual suffering, that said of course the combination of suffering and love lead to the greatest awakenings because it makes you see/be/align with destruction and creation.