Oppositionless

Is consciousness just awareness?

93 posts in this topic

Hello

Does the teaching of infinite imagination contradict the advaita view that reality is fundamentally awareness? Is there a part of consciousness which is not awareness? is imagination and infinite intelligence other than awareness?

thank you.

I think they are different. Infinite imagination can be aware that it is infinite imagination and it can also not be aware that it is infinite imagination. And conciousness is the infinite imagination existing. It can exist and not know it is existing for long periods, probably millions of years just watching a void and light pass by with no question.

2 hours ago, Hojo said:

I think they are different. Infinite imagination can be aware that it is infinite imagination and it can also not be aware that it is infinite imagination. And conciousness is the infinite imagination existing. It can exist and not know it is existing for long periods, probably millions of years just watching a void and light pass by with no question.

that’s what I thought too, even when I “believed” in nonduality and naive idealism.

the whole “to be is to be perceived” thing always struck me as a simplification that presented reality as a stupid , inert thing. not too different a description from materialism. 

it also didn’t make sense of the bizarre experiences of synchronicity I’ve had.

Edited by Oppositionless

Consciousness is a much more complex and richer thing than merely awareness. Although of course awareness is core to consciousness.

To understand what consciousness is requires insane levels of awakening. Beyond nonduality and human spirituality. It couldn't be more profound. These so called enlightened people do not understand what consciousness is. Consciousness is a 1000 times more sophisticated than what Buddhists teach.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness is a much more complex and richer thing than merely awareness. Although of course awareness is core to consciousness.

To understand what consciousness is requires insane levels of awakening. Beyond nonduality and human spirituality. It couldn't be more profound. These so called enlightened people do not understand what consciousness is. Consciousness is a 1000 times more sophisticated than what Buddhists teach.

It just requres an open mind - and awkakening.  Not isnane levels of awakening.  When you are going to learn that there is only one dream that you can awaken from.    After you awaken, there is still much to learn.  But awakening itself, that is just one thing.  There isn't levels of it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

When you are going to learn that there is only one dream that you can awaken from.    After you awaken, there is still much to learn. But awakening itself, that is just one thing.  There isn't levels of it.

Lol, why are you trying to school Leo? Just realize that there's a lot more to awakening than what you think you know. 

@Inliytened1

Edited by Yali

5 minutes ago, Yali said:

Lol, why are you trying to school Leo? Just realize that there's a lot more to awakening than what you think you know. 

@Inliytened1

because thats a big deal. Levels of awakining vs Enlightenmnet.  There is only Enlightennment.  Thats just a fact.  i mean, if there are facts.  But there aren't.  But it is Absolute.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

because thats a big deal. Levels of awakining vs Enlightenmnet. 

@Inliytened1

It is a big deal. So much of a big deal that it would be in your favor to keep an open mind instead of thinking you already know.

Edited by Yali

Just now, Yali said:

@Inliytened1

It is a big deal. So much of a big deal that you it would be in your favor to keep an open mind instead of thinking you already know.

I would concur with you prior to enlightnement.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I would concur with you prior to enlightnement.

So because you've had an enlightenment experience, you think you've comprehended the totality of reality? That's quite foolish. @Inliytened1

@Yali  If its solpisism, which Leo claims, then you will never know what i experience because I am God dreaming you.

That really seems foolish.  Only its not,

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Yali  If its solpisism, which Leo claims, then you will never know what i experience becaue I am God dreaming you.

@Inliytened1

???

1 minute ago, Yali said:

If its solipsism - which means its only you, then there is no one else to validate your experience.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

then there is no one elese to validate your experience.

@Inliytened1

Ok, and what's your point?

1 minute ago, Yali said:

@Inliytened1

Ok, and what's your point?

That awakening can only happen by you and it is Absolute.  There is no levels to it precisely because its just you, and why would you make up levels? you would leave bread crumbs for yourself until you found them.  And when you found them you will wake yourself up.  There woulld be no need for levels.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 You're trying to understand awakening using logic. I wouldn't do that if I were you; experience is all that matters, and Leo is speaking from just that. That's why it's better to remain open-minded because there are experiences that "others" have "had" that you haven't had. 

5 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Inliytened1 You're trying to understand awakening using logic. I wouldn't do that if I were you; experience is all that matters, and Leo is speaking from just that. That's why it's better to remain open-minded because there are experiences that "others" have "had" that you haven't had. 

There are a million "other" experiences that "other has had".  That could go to Infiinity.  That paradox to Infinfty though, is that awawkening is completely singular - without levels.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There are a million "other" experiences that "other has had".  That could go to Infiinity.  That paradox to Infinfty though, is that awawkening is completely singular - without levels.

What i am telling you is that you are God.  Compltely alone as God.  There aren't other experiences.  And when you wake yourself up as God, there is no reason to give out levels, that would be redundant -  you did that before when you hid awakening from yourself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.