Buck Edwards

What's an incel mindset?

25 posts in this topic

I think primarily incel mindset is about feeling unfair on how you're treated by the opposite gender and this transforming into a rush of hate, revenge and resentment against the opposite gender. Is it like hurt people hurt people? 

It would make sense to understand the underlying resentment and why it evolves in the first place. If someone feels sidelined for the longest time in life, I guess at some point the frustration boils over and it's reasonable why this frustration then funnels into extreme resentment. I mean nobody should have to feel a sense of unfairness in life. Everyone deserves love. 

I'm not defending incels. Just providing a context and reasoning to why this could happen. 

When I first heard of the term, I thought they were losers. I always assumed that whilst dating was something that was a natural desire, there would inevitably be standards that not all would meet. Some of these are arbitrary, and others are biological or genetic in nature. We all face unfairness at some level, and this is applicable to "hotties" or "chads" as they call them too. Life isn't always a walk in the park. 

But then it seems that a lot of people who are incels are neurodiverse. And some of the extreme incel ideology isn't very balanced or healthy. It comes often from a place of mental ill-health or bad social adaptation/perceptions. So they often need help. They seemingly didn't get a basic starting block in life or a good social grounding to move off. Elliot Rodger had patent issues, and the fault is with others for not getting him help. Even mild incels who won't have the support they need, and to be fair many self-described won't condone what Rodgers did. 

My view of them has moved from derision to pity. Many of them can't help but feel that way, especially if they are neurodiverse and otherwise cannot help it. 

Edited by bebotalk

When you do nothing with your life except read and write bullshit on the internet, because you prefer to ruminate and enjoy the (illusory) benefit of filling your allied character as a "victimoflifewhonevergetswhathedoes".

The best thing is work, because if your schedule is busy then you don't have time to create such a character.

Watch "the goblin" on youtube, this guy is an obese drug addict with a crappy haircut and yet he's not an incel and has friends, because he's well-spoken and confident, in the moment.
He's not a weirdo.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

This guy isn't even that ugly. I bet the woman isn't either. But then they both have issues. She has clear and admitted depression. i suspect he is autistic or has similar neurodivergency. 

55 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

When you do nothing with your life except read and write bullshit on the internet, because you prefer to ruminate and enjoy the (illusory) benefit of filling your allied character as a "victimoflifewhonevergetswhathedoes".

The best thing is work, because if your schedule is busy then you don't have time to create such a character.

Watch "the goblin" on youtube, this guy is an obese drug addict with a crappy haircut and yet he's not an incel and has friends, because he's well-spoken and confident, in the moment.
He's not a weirdo.

Incels have a problem with their love life. Either they don't get laid or they don't try hard enough. I would not call them losers. Some incel somewheres might be working as a security guard. Incels just have a weird perspective. In one angle, it's victimhood. In another, it's malice born out of perceived unfairness. I choose to sympathize with them since experiencing unfairness in any shape or form can have a horrible impact on the human brain. Understanding is better than judging mate.

6 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

He's not a weirdo.

A number of incels have jobs. They don't want friends, they want partners. They often go on the internet because of their problems. Saying they should work and not worry about it is reductive.

Typical Incel thoughts and mindset - JUST TO BE CLEAR NOT MY PERSONAL VIEW.

1) I'm ugly, and I'll never get laid because I didn't win the genetic lottery.

2) There's nothing I can do to improve my chances of getting laid, I'm fucked. Self improvement is pointless. 

3) Women are virtue signalling whores who lie by saying they care about personality, but all they care about is looks and money. All they care about is getting dicked by chads.

BTW I'm not talking about all guys struggling to get laid, I'm talking about a typical incel in the incel community. 

Edited by ZenAlex

Incel is schizophrenia. They spend their time spewing talking to themselves getting upset then form a narrative that people are doing it to them and they get angry.

Literally every mental illness is schizophrenia in a different form.

Edited by Hojo

5 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Incel is schizophrenia. They spend their time spewing talking to themselves getting upset then form a narrative that people are doing it to them and they get angry.

Literally every mental illness is schizophrenia in a different form.

Could it be possible that people are actually doing it to them? 

6 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Could it be possible that people are actually doing it to them? 

It could be, but you don't spawn here with schizophrenia people do things to you and your brain changes while living unconsciously.

People have probably said and done rude things to them to make them start being hateful or self hating. But they sit in it and thinking negatively towards themselves and then they get angry no one is doing that to them but themselves. They will do this for years and develop schizophrenic thoughts and patterns and they lose control of the ego.

thats what causes them to start murdering people when they lose control of their thoughts and become something else.

Schizophrenia = out of control ego. Its like a computer program that takes over your mind and you are no longer in control of your mind because you gave yourself to those thought patterns and they become bigger than you.

Edited by Hojo

1 minute ago, Hojo said:

It could be, but you don't spawn here with schizophrenia people do things to you and your brain changes while living unconsciously.

People have probably said and done rude things to them to make them start being hateful or self hating. But they sit in it and thinking negatively towards themselves and then they get angry no one is doing that to them but themselves. They will do this for years and develop schizophrenic thoughts and patterns and they lose control of the ego.

thats what causes them to start murdering people when they lose control of their thoughts and become something else.

Wouldn't it be extremist to assume that all incels go around killing people? What are the realistic statistics on the crime rate of incels?

Even if they are mentally ill, does society play a vital role in their escalation and evolution. 

We should always strive to make things better and not worse. Dismissing incels is not a solution. 

Understanding the root causes of the problem might help shed light on possible ways of freeing them from their misery.

@Buck Edwards I'm not assuming all of them will kill people but the thought patterns they have will eventually lead to it as an outcome. Most stop before it happens change their mind are too cowardly or realize they are wrong. 

The root cause is obviously loneliness but we can't force people to hang out with others. The best solution  for an incel is to find god you cant be lonely and know God.

Knowing God doesn't stop mental illness. 

@bebotalk it stops loneliness loneliness causes mental illness. So yes it does.

6 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@bebotalk it stops loneliness loneliness causes mental illness. So yes it does.

It can be a factor, yes. but not always. Being religious cannot insulate from mental illness. Very little can, ultimately. 

@bebotalk  religion is anti God. You can be religious and be lonely you cannot know God and be lonely. Its not possible once you understand that God is everything and others don't exist the creator of the universe is in your fov right now and its the only thing that exists. If you know God and are lonely you are making up stories and getting upset about them.

Once you see God your loneliness dissapears as you see God is with you and has always been with you and no one else can be with you. Only God can interact with you.

Edited by Hojo

Just now, Hojo said:

@bebotalk  religion is anti God. You can be religious and be lonely you cannot know God and be lonely. Its not possible once you understand that God is everything and others don't exist the creator of the universe is in your fov right now and its the only thing that exists. If you know God and are lonely you are making up stories and getting upset about them.

maybe. though there are many paths to God. I just think saying that approaching God is a reductive way to stop mental illness.

@bebotalk yes its a dumb thing to say because its completely useless but its true.

12 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@bebotalk yes its a dumb thing to say because its completely useless but its true.

I don't agree. Little can completely insulate from mental illness. 

@bebotalk God will completely change your neurons when you find it. When it erases fear of death from your mind it will cure you of loneliness and death and most of mental illness stems from these places.

Edited by Hojo