BlessedLion

Mainstream is catching onto power of contemplation

10 posts in this topic

This is a perfect example of yellow slowly getting introduced to turquoise 

I'm sorry if I sound reductionistic or condescending but I've listened to the whole thing and it just sounds like he discovered thinking about things

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

I'm sorry if I sound reductionistic or condescending but I've listened to the whole thing and it just sounds like he discovered thinking about things

Hey, its a start lol.

Actually, genuinely sitting down and thinking about things consciously in a serious manner is pretty rare. More people should do it if anything. What we get normally is people just living out their culture uncritically. Current culture happens to be somewhat toxic if you value being happy, so being more critical can do a lot of people a lot of good.

I recently started making daily contemplation a habit and I've been getting an inkling of just the sheer enormous depth that is understanding oneself. I truly know so very little.

Sitting in true silence with no distraction and keeping the mind focused on a theme to contemplate is probably the most powerful practice that exists. 

the problem is most people don’t even allow themselves 5, literally 5 minutes of this before pulling out there phone or turning on the tv 

5 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Sitting in true silence with no distraction and keeping the mind focused on a theme to contemplate is probably the most powerful practice that exists. 

the problem is most people don’t even allow themselves 5, literally 5 minutes of this before pulling out there phone or turning on the tv 

And how can you say that it is the most powerful practice? What other practices you tried and for what period of time? Based on what traditions?

I have sat for periods of time and think that is is not the best practice. I have found some other practices, yes, which includes contemplation but is not just sitting somewhere.

I’ve worked with traditional Hatha Kundalini yoga for years, Zen meditation, Self Inquiry schools, psychedelics, studied the top spiritual texts 

And I’ve been doing this for 7 years without break

Basically any major spiritual practice or school I have explored or studied. I actually have a spiritual school basically an ashram of which I’ve completeled 10 silent retreats and almost all of the yoga modules which take 3 weeks each. I don’t even have a job because all my time goes towards consciousness work. 

And I have to say, setting a timer for 3/4 hours in solitude and allowing the mind to wander and contemplate God with no distraction is the most powerful tool for consciousness work I’ve found. 

But, different things work better for different people 

I don’t think this kind of contemplation works unless you’re already at a high level of consciousness so your mind doesn’t just wander. You have to have disciplined focus 🧘

11 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

I don't think so. Why? Because the mind is still focusing. The objective is to train the mind to be still. How can focusing on a theme to contemplate be the most powerful practice. To me it would be to not focus at all, just be. The ability to concentrate would probably be what that practice would be useful for. 

Not saying silence with no distraction, only that just being silent with no distractions is enough.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia what I’ve found is that eventually the mind thinks and then leads itself into stillness naturally. It’s all a very natural process. No pushing or forcing