Theplay

Why is there something rather than nothing.

55 posts in this topic

Why is there nothing rather than something?

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Perhaps we’ve all heard the question, “Is it half empty or half full?”  If you focus on the more visible part, you’ll see it’s half full.  Similarly, if you notice the invisible part first, you have a better chance to see what is lacking.  Either way, you only see half the image.  

@Naturalist @r0ckyreed Reading your answers got me wondering.

Maybe Life is both at the same time?

And can you experience that both are the case in the same moment?

Like a superposition of the two.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Like the perfect amount of something balanced by nothing.

It is simply impossible for there to be nothing, since there are no limits. It is eternity, total emptiness without containment. At some "moment" in eternity, even at some "point" in the void, something will emerge, and that moment is always now, and that something is always the cosmos, which is absolutely everything, infinite without limits. Enlightenment is realizing that you are total emptiness, opening yourself to it and being it. automatically the cosmos emerges like an explosion. There is no other option, it's absolutely obvious. it is the eternal dance and it cannot be any other way. It is the living infinity, and it has no limits.

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is simply impossible for there to be nothing, since there are no limits. It is eternity, total emptiness without containment. At some "moment" in eternity, even at some "point" in the void, something will emerge, and that moment is always now, and that something is always the cosmos, which is absolutely everything, infinite without limits. Enlightenment is realizing that you are total emptiness, opening yourself to it and being it. automatically the cosmos emerges like an explosion. There is no other option, it's absolutely obvious. it is the eternal dance and it cannot be any other way. It is the living infinity, and it has no limits.

Wrong. infinite is just a thought. Now is before birth. Nothing never ever happened. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

11 minutes ago, James123 said:

Wrong. infinite is just a thought. Now is before birth. Nothing never ever happened. 

😭😭😭😭😭 No hope . Nothing is the same than everything. Everything ever happened, is happening, is going to happen. It's the cosmos. If you don't believe me, take a hammer, hit your dick 10 times with all your strength and then say: nothing ever happened 

Edited by Breakingthewall

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

😭😭😭😭😭 No hope . Nothing is the same than everything. Everything ever happened, is happening, is going to happen. It's the cosmos. If you don't believe me, take a hammer, hit your dick 10 times with all your strength and then say: nothing ever happened 

Lol. I love the talk about this infinite with you :) from ego perspective you are right. However, from absolute/ enlightenment perspective there is no me nor hammer. And that's enlightenment. 

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Lol. I love the talk about this infinite with you :) from ego perspective you are right. However, from absolute/ enlightenment perspective there is no me nor hammer. And that's enlightenment. 

I know you like what Papaji says, but it's an obviously limited perspective. forget the "masters" and empty your mind, so you can see what reality is. 

39 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I know you like what Papaji says, but it's an obviously limited perspective. forget the "masters" and empty your mind, so you can see what reality is. 

When i completely empty my mind, there is no empty mind nor reality. 

15 minutes ago, James123 said:

When i completely empty my mind, there is no empty mind nor reality. 

That's because the center remains , you must to drop the self totally into the void, then what reality is manifest. 

I did this thread that no one found interesting 

It's direct vision, zero conceptualizing, it's what it happens when you are totally open. 

20 hours ago, Theplay said:

@Naturalist @r0ckyreed Reading your answers got me wondering.

Maybe Life is both at the same time?

And can you experience that both are the case in the same moment?

Like a superposition of the two.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Like the perfect amount of something balanced by nothing.

Something-nothing Equivalence

Consider this: -

… (-2+2) + (-16+16) + (-22+22) + (-133+133) + (0) + (-54+54) …, etc.    =     0

Key: -

... + (-2+2) + (-54+54) + ...  =  this arising, that arises,

... + (0) + ...  =  this ceasing, that ceases, 

( .... )  =  the law of kamma/balancing,

-2+2 or -133+133  =  the law of attraction.

@Breakingthewall no my heart is closed right now i am trying to open it but I don't know how. i cry everyday cause God filled me with love but after you see Gods love for you simply nothing will compare.

Once your heart open to God,

love from parents? A joke.

love from a girlfriend? A joke.

Love from friend? A joke.

No one can love you like God

I do open myself but I find hard to care about others whatever happens happens. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong only time will tell.

Edited by Hojo

Yes why is something at all? Funny thing is that when we first discover that it is necessary for something to be in some way as opposed to nothing ever being then we can afterwards figure out that it is the "something" that is contingent on the instantiation "this given way" of "some way", in other words, "something" is merely a concept. That is, it is not that something as opposed to nothing is metaphysically necessary as were first concluded, but that "something" is a logically necessary variable distributed on every actual data. 

The important following questions entails logically: A)  is anything actual metaphysically necessary?  B) is every abstraction purposive? and C) will consciousness be the connection between the subject of A and B in all worlds?

An important definition: Metaphysical necessity must be distinguished from logical necessity, the former denotes things which does not need premises, validity nor computation to be necessary, the latter is contingent at least on both premises and validity (being a guaranteed conclusion from premises), though arguably not on computation.

This is not merely sophisticated abstraction, when/if you understand what I am saying about the initial question asked in the thread turning in on itself then you will take the possibility of the culturally inherited ideas of substances and god more seriously/very seriously.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

In other words: your question is absurd, that which is given can neither be something nor nothing. 

That which is given can not be in a way. Saying that there is something and not nothing presupposes that the concept of variation is a true attribute of the substrate of phenomena (I use the word "given" merely to refer to that which is actual without attributing it anything, the word "something" can be used this way too but my interpretation is that it is not generally so).

Edit: and as soon as you refrain from this presupposition of variation then the question too is nullified. Let me clarify: refraining from presupposing that the given is a something (it being a "something" entails that it could have been a different thing, again variation) transforms the question into "why is there the given and not no given?" and I argue that if the given could not be differently and the only alternative is that it was not at all then since "nothing/no given" amounts to the concept of "negation" and the concept of negation is conditioned on some given then therefore the question of "why there is something rather than nothing" does nothing more than state "there is a given and I can think of a negation in general" .

But due to your human intelligence you will like your ancestors did 30k years ago though these with regard to the concept of god induce its existence on grounds that all things have a cause even though evidence only affirms that some things do. That is, you induce that since some things can be negated then therefore all things can be negated, and do it unwaveringly.

Yep I did the thinking, I'm correct.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

6 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Breakingthewall no my heart is closed right now i am trying to open it but I don't know how. i cry everyday cause God filled me with love but after you see Gods love for you simply nothing will compare.

Once your heart open to God,

love from parents? A joke.

love from a girlfriend? A joke.

Love from friend? A joke.

No one can love you like God

I do open myself but I find hard to care about others whatever happens happens. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong only time will tell.

You have to completely surrender and must have no expectations including love. Than love comes, actually you become the love. Because, when there is love, there is no you.