Husseinisdoingfine

I'm suicidal due to academic competition.

26 posts in this topic

Try the finnish way. They say the reason that finnish people are so content is because they have low expectations. Most of the time it may be enough to have a roof  and stuff to eat. Regarding education I feel like one should create space in order to have fun to explore stuff rather than just for competition.

In life and self improvement the most important thing is:

Calm down. Then you can function properly.

That is why when I feel bad I give me this task: Create time with meditation or activities which are similar. You will feel rich and free when you have time.

Edited by Epikur

On 11.2.2024 at 11:41 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Ever since I was very young, I wanted to be a top student. I wanted to get the best grades, and be at the top of my class. Later this morphed into me wanting to get into a decently ranked University. I wanted to compete with my friends, who attend good Universities and get to enjoy all the pleasures of the “college experience”. I wanted to go to parties, drink, and dance around, young and free. I wanted the prestige of attending a highly ranked University, which in itself would confirm me to be more intelligent than the people who attended Universities ranked below me, as well as secure my position in the upper classes of our hierarchical society.

I think it was this video or some other from Teal. Basically, you need to find out why you actually want what you want. You say you want to attend to a prestige university so you can get prestige from it.

Now, you can ask yourself: Why do you want prestige? Do you actually want something else, that the prestige is supposed to give you? Like a friend who recognize you, or maybe validation?

At each junction of inquiring into what you want, you can either think to yourself "Okay, what is actually the most direct way to get this thing I want?". In the case of university, if you want prestige, or validation, is that the most direct way to get it? Do you want to spend 8 years studying or whatever so that in the end you can get the prestige, if you maybe could have done something else where you would have gotten your prestige more directly?

Or, do you want prestige because you lack validation and love in life? If that is the case, what is the most direct way to get validation and love?

For example, maybe juust focus on making real friends.

But then you can go even deeper, why do you need validation, what is it that you truly want? Maybe it is self-acceptance, and self-love? What is the most direct way to get that? Maybe meditation?

Etc

But you have to be honest in the process, otherwise you will delude yourself.

Glory to Israel

@Husseinisdoingfine

You are making your problem worse by overthinking.

You posting here is also a justification for not reflecting and doing something that's positive for you.

You know what you have to do.

Also, don't blame or be jealous of others for having fun. There are people who are in a much worse situation than you are. (Not saying that you don't have a problem)

4 minutes ago, Understander said:

You posting here is also a justification for not reflecting and doing something that's positive for you.

Wrong. Him posting here and pouring his heart out is a sign of deep intelligence.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

23 hours ago, Understander said:

You are making your problem worse by overthinking.

I keep being told that I'm overthinking by so many people, people irl, this forum, and my parents. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله