StarStruck

How to create trust with clients?

7 posts in this topic

One of my businesses is in bicycles. And I don’t have a shop but I sell from home. And people get thrown off because they think I have a shop but I sell from home. I don’t live in a bad neighborhood. I live in a luxurious appartment building and people told me how I can afford this place (how rude). Naturally customers think it is shady. They always ask where did I get my goods from. They would never have the guts to ask this if I had a store. Don’t tell me to open up a shop because this business is too small for that stage. But is there a way to create trust as a person? My attitude is just laid back when I greet my customers. I don’t try to convince them of anything. Just present the product and conditions and give them the option. I never had a customer not buy my product. It is just that I get annoyed if customers are suspicious that it is stolen or afraid to be scammed with a faulty product or something.  

Edited by StarStruck

Good customer service is about meeting expectations. Essentially, it's what they expect from a given product or service. 

People buying groceries from a supermarket want fair prices, a wide selection, friendly staff, etc. People frequenting restaruants want clean tables, good food, good service, etc. 

I think in your case, it's unorthodox. I don't even mean to be denigrating, since it's not at all my intention. Perhaps people aren't accustomed to buying bikes from a private residence. Maybe this is why they think it's a scam. 

I’d be upfront with people.

People are going to ask questions maturely. Doesn’t sound like it’s hurting your sales. 

It’s likely the cost of not having a shop is people will ask you those questions.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Have some empathy with your customers. Don't assume they should "just accept" it. 

wear mechanics coveralls and put some grease on it

a basic business practice is to create an offering that meets people's expectations. I'm not being rude, but then I'd ask what you really expect from this. if a person was selling shoes from a normal home, which were bonafide and not shoddy or stolen, then it's not unreasonable if customers balk at this.