Someone here

Two questions regarding sleep and dreams

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I know that I'm vastly alone when I tell you this: I tend to think that everyone is smarter than me. unbeatable wisdom:P

So do I.  That's called being open minded.   But the problem is you are so open minded that you fall into your own self created delusion. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

So do I.  That's called being open minded.   But the problem is you are so open minded that you fall into your own self created delusion. 

Are you hinting at solipsism? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

he sleeps without dreams since his awakening. 

You realize that you are dream itself.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Are you hinting at solipsism? 

Where did that come from?  No.  I'm talking about your open mindedness being unbounded.   You do have to find a ground if you want to discover the Truth of reality.  And I know you do.  You're one of us.  The select few that actually give a shit.  But you have to actually ground yourself and do the spiritual work...  Yes, paradoxically you might discover that a ground to reality doesn't exist, but first things first. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Where did that come from?  No.  I'm talking about your open mindedness being unbounded.   You do have to find a ground if you want to discover the Truth of reality.  And I know you do.  You're one of us.  The select few that actually give a shit.  But you have to actually ground yourself and do the spiritual work?  Yes, paradoxically you might discover that a ground to reality doesn't exist, but first things first. 

I hear ya.

But Enlightenment is not a destination.. it’s the journey itself. And all you will be left with at the end Is absolutely nothing.  I'm not talking about death..I'm saying existence is fucking ENDLESS..there is no "to do list " waiting for the spiritual seeker to achieve.  Now I'm  sounding like Nahm. But that guy got it exactly right . Not like Leo who is chasing aliens and  awake shemale mouses 😂 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I hear ya.

But Enlightenment is not a destination.. it’s the journey itself. And all you will be left with at the end Is absolutely nothing.  I'm not talking about death..I'm saying existence is fucking ENDLESS..there is no "to do list " waiting for the spiritual seeker to achieve.  Now I'm  sounding like Nahm. But that guy got it exactly right . Not like Leo who is chasing aliens and  awake shemale mouses 😂 

It's the same thing as the matrix.   Only reality is not a simulation.  So you CAN wake up.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

So you CAN wake up

Didn't say otherwise. 

Can you sir give me a brief definition of what awakening is for you ?

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

You realize that you are dream itself.

No.because you are not being clear. 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Didn't say otherwise. 

Can you sir give me a brief definition of what awakening is for you ?

Nothing short of a miracle.   Yes now I hold it as a memory- but it broke through the very fabric of my reality - so it is indeed something much more.  It is awakening.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

No.because you are not being clear. 

Your profile pic is very clear about what many dreams are!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Your profile pic is very clear about what many dreams are!

Youre not very clear or speaking with proper grammar.   I'm not sure if you are high or what but if you have something meaningful to add to the dialogue please do otherwise remain taciturn  

😀

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

A possible cause: anxiety and stress due to lack of quality sex in which you open yourself completely to the experience, the connection is complete and you flow. Many people are not capable of this, they always have reservations, anxiety accumulates and manifests itself during sleep with frequent awakenings, nightmares, stress in general.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:51 AM, Someone here said:

1) is there any relationship between sleep ability..and  easiness to drift off quickly into unconsciousness..  and age ? Because  the more I grow up I notice its difficult for me to fall asleep .  Take Babies..they fall sleep in a matter of few minutes after resting their heads on the pillow.  While adults struggle with insomnia and everyone is sleep-deprived . What's the connection here ?

2) is it possible to sleep without dreams completely?  These days I've been very vivid dreams . And i hate vivid dreams because they make me question my entire existence lol.  So how can I have 8 hours of deep sleep without going through the REM phase which induces dreams .? And is that possible?  I had a conversation with Nahm before and he told me he sleeps without dreams since his awakening. 

The state of deliverance is egoless.

https://www.advaita-vision.org/ramana-on-the-deep-sleep-state/

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."