ZenAlex

How to accept the possibility that Medication may be necessary?

7 posts in this topic

If all the lifestyle changes and therapy in the world doesn't work, how can I accept going on meds which may have side effects?

Belief that it will help you. Some drink alcohol to feel better, which definitely has side effects. Some take psychedelics which can also have side effects. The belief that this will heal you and that it will cure you is one of the deciding factors for it to work.

And you don't have to take them forever. See it like a medication you take when you break something in your body for example.

Let your body heal and then you won't need it anymore.

❤️

Imo, you need to weigh up the potential risk vs. potential rewards of taking them.

I hear some troubling stories about people who've taken them. However, personally they completely changed my life for the better. Imo, it was just lucky that i have the brain chemistry that reacted well to that particular drug.

I only took them as a last resort, when i was close to suicide. I held off on taking them for years.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

I no longer relate to medication in a shameful way. I now take it knowing that it’ll help me explore myself more effectively! 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I no longer relate to medication in a shameful way. I now take it knowing that it’ll help me explore myself more effectively! 

What meds do you take?

@ZenAlex What’s more important than the type of medication(s) one takes is how and what purpose it is taken. Focus on your unique needs and where you are in your journey called life.

No matter what medication you look into there will be a whole list of side effects. And it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll experience any of them.

Really, the only way you’ll know is by taking it and experimenting. Better than taking no action at all!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

You could always just try it out like you don't have to follow what the doctor's say necessarily in terms of how long you should take them.. watch how you actually respond to any medication yourself.

I've never taken SSRI's for longer than a month at a time but I was mostly just using them to get over a really rough period.

Don't need them anymore now since I know any "bad feelings" I get is just normal and due to my connection with spirit.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。