Sabth

Maybe if I don't listen to music I would have done well in my life?

25 posts in this topic

@Schizophonia My man, you twist my words and know nothing of neuroscience. My proposition is to not use scientific jargon when we are not a person equipped to do so. It's a nice sounding cliche, meme, but in the end adds nothing, you sharing your experience without that neuroscience-tidbit has been enough and just perfect. Of course, as a free human being you are free to do with this advice whatever you like.

It's not a message to you individually as many people write in that way.

18 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Schizophonia My man

I'm not "your guy", talk like that to your little brother if it thrills you but not to guys online.

My proposition is to not use scientific jargon when we are not a person equipped to do so. It's a nice sounding cliche, meme, but in the end adds nothing, you sharing your experience without that neuroscience-tidbit has been enough and just perfect. 

What you think doesn't matter if you're not asked for your opinion, especially if what you're saying is probably untrue.

My man

you twist my words and know nothing of neuroscience.

Of course, as a free human being you are free to do with this advice whatever you like.

It's not a message to you individually as many people write in that way.

Well if you're that brilliant, why not shine your light on us? That would be fantastic, we are here to learn.
Or you're just some kind of midwit in pharmacy school or something, who doesn't even bother to think before taking the opportunity to try to inflate his ego, to flex, by explaining to others that this are idiots who are probably in the Dunning Kruger effect etcetc. Even if what was said is an obvious banality that I picked up from huberman, Robin Carhart-Harris and other guys like that on youtube.
Sometimes pubmed or nature.

The sentences cited above clearly show the true underlying will.

Don't take people for idiots. If I respond coldly, it is because the energy of your message is hostile and intended to crush, and you know this more or less consciously.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia My man, chill out. You can do so by listening to some chill music, I for sure know that listening to it works for me.

On 1.2.2024 at 3:36 PM, Sabth said:

What if I don't have all these? If I don't listen to music and don't watch movies? What would my life be like? 

Try it out and see for yourself :)

I had phases where I could listen to music all day, other times where I tolerated no music at all. If you feel it's a distraction just see what it feels like if you don't listen to any of it. It's just about becoming more aware of what it does to you and then from there you can decide how to proceed.

Listening to music is not a distraction, but binge watching YouTube video clips is. It is just procrastination.

I love listening to music while doing manual work, it gives me more energy.