FreeRangeEarthling

Leo's level of consciousness

30 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, vibv said:

You're all hopelessly deluded. Deal with it.

If you're deluded, you need a teacher who is not hopelessly deluded. So you do your best to figure out who can help and who cannot. Just saying 'deal with it' doesn't help.

3 hours ago, FreeRangeEarthling said:

If you're deluded, you need a teacher who is not hopelessly deluded. So you do your best to figure out who can help and who cannot. Just saying 'deal with it' doesn't help.

You have to drop any teacher at some point.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

4 minutes ago, vibv said:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, vibv said:

Sure. Not a helpful point when discussing the usefulness of a teacher tho. 'At some point' implies you do think there is a role for a teacher, so I stand by my point that you should assess the teacher's credentials.

Just now, FreeRangeEarthling said:

Sure. Not a helpful point when discussing the usefulness of a teacher tho. 'At some point' implies you do think there is a role for a teacher, so I stand by my point that you should assess the teacher's credentials.

It doesn't hurt to be said ;)

But also... following any teacher will ultimately lead to delusion. And on the other hand everyone and everything can be your teacher.

my music

1 minute ago, vibv said:

It doesn't hurt to be said ;)

No, I guess not. Just not really relevant to the discussion.

Anyways I got what I needed from this thread. No-one has told me they think Leo is in an advanced state of consciousness and it sounds like the psychedelic path has backfired for him. Not much point in debating whether that matters, I doubt I'll convince those who don't think so anyway. So I'll be off. Best of luck on your journeys!

13 hours ago, vibv said:

True. 

@FreeRangeEarthling You might claim to be conscious of your nature, then each of us individually asserts whether you're being authentic or not. That seems to be the gist of it. Credentials on this topic aren't a matter of collective agreement, it is about the teacher knowing what she talks about, whether she's coming from personal insight. It is possible to be deeply conscious and yet people dismiss her teachings, and this wouldn't make her consciousness any less true. It's tricky to discern. I didn't suggest to believe in anything anyone says, enlightened or not, so use your brain.

On 28/01/2024 at 11:05 AM, vibv said:

What do you mean?

update: Ok, I just read the rest of the thread.

Edited by UnbornTao

18 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

What do you mean?

Me too, of course ;) 

my music

Does leo have a level of consciousness? Leo please comment