thierry

Can One manipulate reality for a greater truth

8 posts in this topic

Okay okay so I am asking myself this question. I often hear from Jordan Peterson or even Peter Ralston, to a lie there will be consequences and you could lose yourself . 

I get what they say and totally agree with them but I’m asking myself the question of can I lie and manipulate reality for a greater Truth eventhough I know there will be consequences. Can One make a « conscious lie » or Am I bulshiting myself it is always better to tell the truth ? 

Would love to hear your thoughts about that. 

Love

31 minutes ago, thierry said:

I get what they say and totally agree with them but I’m asking myself the question of can I lie and manipulate reality for a greater Truth eventhough I know there will be consequences.

It's called 'gaslighting' and only the lowest form of human life employs its use. There is no 'greater Truth' in because it is a deception of the lowest form.

The truth will always resonate, and the lies always bite.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

2 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

The truth will always resonate, and the lies always bite.

It feels more like truth is biting me and lies are resonating with me now 

And what about when you’re caught up in the lies of social and your family but still want the Truth ? 

can I lie and manipulate reality for a greater Truth eventhough I know there will be consequences

What do you mean?

You seem to be essentially asking: Can I lie my way into what's true? 

We may understand something intellectually but fail to experientially reproduce the insight. There are also degrees of understanding. It is common for us to pretend to be honest in order to serve one's self-agenda, which is basically a form of lying. So, contemplate what being honest is.

Tell the truth, mostly to yourself. For example, why did you ask such a question? Do you feel constrained by honesty, where lying could more easily provide you with what you want? 

Which social lies? You could also ask: What is social?

Edited by UnbornTao

I know this post is a bit old but I’d like to come back to it. I’ve been lying to me shrink for 6months now telling her I take the antipsychotic whereas I do not. She keeps saying I’m on the good way and I look way better on antipsychotic. My next meeting with her is next week. Should I tell her the Truth ? I’m scared she puts me in forced psych ward. I’ve already been forced in psych ward 4times.