Someone here

2 questions

6 posts in this topic

1) why should one care about politics?..I'm clueless about it . I obviously know about  the Israeli-Palestinian war ..and I wish I could engage with you guys in the debate But I envy you ..I have zero understanding of these issues lol.

2)what are the best books and resources to learn about politics?  

And what are the most high quality..unbiased truthful channels in the USA or YT channels that can help me grasp these matters ?

Thanks haha

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

I would advice to care only about things that you need in order to build the life you are currently visualizing for yourself. Everthing else is pretty much waste of time if you don't know how to use them for your benefit. Stop asking reasons for doing X things from people, but discover for yourself if it is useful or not. 

Who told you that "others" are real?

According to Plato, the heaviest penalty for declining to rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.

But I don't want to be clueless about the world I live in .I want to understand political issues too.

-Osho

Unless you get roped into learning about some political issue by circumstance, it's normal to not have a lot of interest in it. There are a million different political issues out there that almost nobody cares about.

Of course, some political issues are probably more useful to care about than others. If you didn't have the privilege of getting roped into some issue through other means but you want a systematic approach to learn about for example the Israeli-Palestinian conflict: 1. learn a bit about the larger context of the conflict (e.g. WW2, the Arab-Israeli conflict), 2. learn a little about the worldviews to the different people in the conflict (e.g. Judaism, Zionism, Islam, Arab nationalism), 3. learn a little about the basic history (big dates, straightforward facts that are less prone to ideological framings), 4. learn a lot about how the pro-Israelis (e.g. Netanyahu) frame the history in their favor and how the pro-Palestinians frame the history in their favor. War is not just kinetic, men on the ground, but also words and ideas. And 5. don't go looking for simple answers, don't expect simple conclusions. Wars, history and international relations are messy and sometimes involve impossible situations where everything possible action has a less than favorable outcome. Be skeptical of taking sides, but at the same time don't disallow yourself to take sides if appropriate.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard how come you are so intelligent and knowledgeable in a youth age (srs)?

-Osho