Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cosmin Visan

How Self-Reference Builds the World - my new paper

11 posts in this topic

I invite you to discover my new paper "How Self-Reference Builds the World" where I show how starting from self-reference as the entity with the property of looking-back-at-itself, all qualia, thus consciousness, can be obtained.

The paper can be found on my internet profiles, such as: https://philpeople.org/profiles/cosmin-visan

Very cool

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Look this Chess Machine that played agaist itself and by this process had learn 

1. It has nothing to do with what I'm talking about in the paper. In the true self-reference, itself is really itself. In your example it is a pseuo-itself, just words-play like "This sentence is false" and Russell's paradox.

2. It didn't learn anything, because learning is only a property of consciousness.

3. Is not even an "it" since it doesn't even exist. Is just a picture in your consciousness.

I’ve read the 2 parts to this paper. Got to say one of the best pieces I’ve read in a very long time 👏🏻. Reason being, that as I was reading through, it was extremely similar to some of my deepest psychedelic awakenings. I indeed have become this Nothing, in its absolute silence, and complete total stillness. The only thing to do from there was to remain completely still, in a total state of peace, an unexplainable phenomenon, yet this it the only way for me to attempt to communicate it, or as you’ve put it, take a look back at myself. It’s simply too difficult for me to explain but this is indeed what you are doing from that seeming starting point, which isn’t a starting point because it’s always there, eternally.

What has happened on these occasions during these trips, especially one that sticks out in my mind, is that at that very point of self reference for the seeming first time, that first ‘I am’ noticed let’s say, which seems like the only choice of it all I ever have, to look back at myself or remain in this stillness, which actually as much as a choice as it seems, in another way it seems as though it inevitably has to be done, is a creation of splitting off uncontrollably, but at the same time so intricately intelligently. Of what I can only say are like, I can’t even say to be honest, it’s just like mind stuff, you called them objects. But I’m not observing them, I’m being them. Being this intelligence and it happening so easily and profoundly is indescribable. Being creation putting itself together, constructing my reality back into place, or should I really say reconstructing, I’m not particularly sure if I’m honest, is to this day one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever been aware of. Once my ego reconstructed too, which again seemed completely out of my control, like a computer system starting up maybe, and all the dualities of my ego self, also like splitting branches of sorts, creating a structured web, which seemed to come after the construction of reality, to then more ‘my’ reality, with this intelligence flowing through me alls I can say is it almost felt like my brain was going to break. I could hardly take it anymore. Head in hands, painfully, beautifully intelligent. Too much, too good for my little selfish ego, so it felt. 
Im eternally grateful to have been aware of this beautiful intelligence at play, but I’m completely understood of why as a human being, it’s left to the unconscious aspect of us and for us to not be consciously aware of it at these deepest levels, because it would kill you, and there would be no life. This limited state is limited to this degree for a reason, with varying degrees of course, but basically this physical like existence, because there’s only between certain degrees on the consciousness meter if we can use that phrase, that it’s possible to live in a physical world such as this. Too low u ain’t there, too high you’re outta there. 
Anyway not sure where I’m going with that now got a bit carried away haha. But your paper, from my point of view, is an excellent piece of work. It helped me in a sense, of how I would maybe be able to express some of my own direct 1st person experiences. 
Oh but I’m not sure on that eating section.. kind of threw me off a bit that, I can’t relate to that personally. Didn’t feel quite right, but I’m in no position to confirm or deny. Either way, cheers for the read, much appreciated 👍🏻

@Cosmin Visan

So I'm reading this very unique and interesting paper, just a quick first read. I found myself stuck at this point:

[So, let’s start from Nothing. Initially, all that there ever “was”, “was” Nothing, or better put, no-thing. Initially there was no thing. Whatever that was, it could not be spoken of. But that no-thing looked-back-at-itself. By looking-back-at-itself, that no-thing saw itself. By seeing itself, that no-thing became some-thing. The first object was brought into existence: “I am!”. The first object that Nothing experienced was itself, was the object “I am”. This object, even though it is an object, it appeared because no-object looked-back-at-itself.]

How can a no-thing look back at itself? How can you justifie that property of looking back at itself? How?

If you start with self-reference I buy that, but how starting with no-thing?

You start with self-reference. But self-reference is a peculiar entity, it is both form and formless at the same time. And the looking-back-at-itself is basically done by the formless, which by this process becomes form. And formless, since it doesn't have any form, it is not an object, so it is Nothing.

Edited by Cosmin Visan

The guy knows what he’s talking about. No idea if he’s had any awakenings or not, or whether he’s just thinking brutally hard like Einstein or something😂. Been there done it! Not too much argument to be had. This lad is onto something. Like it it or lump it🤷🏻‍♂️. His paper is good stuff. Nothing can do that. It genuinely can. Here you are. Maybe a good video for Leo to return to when he does, if he decides to, will use this idea of self reference. Anyone who has awoke, at any point, to any degree, can relate to this paper👍🏻

6 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

No idea if he’s had any awakenings or not, or whether he’s just thinking brutally hard like Einstein or something😂. 

I didn't have any awakening, like through psychedelics or some other special state of consciousness. I'm just thinking about these things for more than a decade, and these are the results.