Rafael Thundercat

Suble Bias in the Survival of Plants

4 posts in this topic

Recently on another post I brought up the question of the Sun being Biased or not. The thread derailed in jokes so I relized thar survival bias for something so big and out of reach as the Sun is not a good thing to contemplate bias, althougt I still think that for keepimg its shape and burning the Sun must hold itself somehow, even if is for a long period of time. 

So lets bring Plants to the arena

For example this one: 

Some people in the comments would fast atribute this phenomena to God Design. Well if with God they mean Intelligence they are not far from truth. 

So,contemplate, not having a brain, this plant and all plants, have a sense of self preservation imbued on its system and in long periods of time it change its shape to keep existimg. It dont even matter what shape it obtains to keep existing, spikes could even grow bigger and stronger as far as it would help it to keep going. 

There are also some plants that have holes on their giant leafs, since they live on rain forests and heavy rain would represent the destruction of their leafs, they are also strong and glossy. To water proof. 

https://www.thesill.com/blog/why-swiss-cheese-plant-has-holes

Bias is everywhere, is connected with survival. You cant avoid it, unless you wish to have no form at all, or embrace all forms at once.

Screenshot_20231220-114934_Instagram.jpg

the image shows a Monstera Plant“. the plant have assymetric natural holes on its leafs, there is rain falling upon the leafs, the leafs have a glossy look, there are dragonflyes flying around it, the ligth of the sun shines trougth the forest canopy and iluminate the plant.

_54150012-099a-4be5-b72c-6a71de3c35ab.jpeg.jpg

All that I know is that cannabis is a trick pony.

Proof:

IMG_4255-min.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Plants have a clear survival agenda. Of course because they are living organisms. I'm not sure about the sun having a survival agenda as it is simply a burning ball of gas. It is more like a natural phenomena rather than something trying to survive.

Plants are always in competition for sunlight. I don't remember the exact term for it but I learned once in school that forests follow a cycle of evolving into gradually more "dominant" tree species. In Scandinavia, the "apex tree" are coniferous trees (evergreens) because of how they blot out the sun for other tree species down below and change the composition of the ground. An open field, if left untended, will eventually be overgrown by shrubbery, then leafy trees and eventually coniferous (in that general order). It is all ordered around what plants can dominate the best spots for sunlight, which the tallest and bushiest trees will do best.

A pretty clear example of a survival bias in the plant kingdom.

If you are on a hike and you see birch trees in the woods, it is a good sign of an opening or of a bog because of how trees order themselves.