StarStruck

Fiat money is a scam

22 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Consept said:

Youre not 'hoping' that someone will also value whatever trinket youre given in exchange for work, thats the whole point of a centralised currency, its backed by the goverment and you are assured of its value. This is just a necessary mechanism for trade its not a pyramid scheme. 

This is a completely false equivalent. Money precedes "government" by centuries.

15 hours ago, Consept said:

Money can't really be a scam because it's inflation is tracked and its not an investment its just a way for something to hold value for you so that you dont get scammed. 

Having more information about prices has little to do with the core nature of money. Again, people understood inflation before the name of the phenomenon was even created. The fundament of the value of money is simply trust. As long as people can agree on a perceived value equivalency and hope that future agreements of this type can be done in the future, the currency can be used. That's what I'm stating.

@Parallax Mind

On 2023-12-17 at 5:39 PM, Parallax Mind said:

No offense, but what did this even mean? I know you are honestly trying to discuss issues but I just can't see a comment like this as anything but word salad. 

What does feminism have anything to with fiat money being a scam? Other than it being a set of beliefs or something? (Again not sure what you are trying to say). 

In response to this:

On 2023-12-17 at 5:26 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Parallax Mind

From the perspective of someone who believes fiat money is a scam, taking into account capitalism and neoliberalism as an ideology, and even feminism and egalitarianism and democracy from the west as ideologies indoctrinated and blindly believed in dogmatically, also interplaying with secularism and atheism, and the above ideologies contributing to decline in birthrates, increases in higher divorce rates, higher unemployment due to increase in A.I and automation and migrant to female workers within a given industry, corrosion of the moral backbone of a country in regards to theocratic moral frameworks, fiat money as a scam isn't that far fetched if the basis of fiat money is 'blind belief and faith in paper money itself and the belief of governments regulating that paper money itself' in comparison to currency back then based on the rarity of gold and silver. After all, what's stopping a more secularist government to flip flop and back peddle, and change around freedom of speech and protest rules?

What points I'm trying to make are:

Late stage capitalism and Neoliberalism as ideologies is possible when almost everyone believes in fiat money, and predatory capitalism is possible with lobbyists in government leveraging policies to enforce more reliance on fiat money and less on gold and silver investments.

Fiat money contributes to feminism and egalitarianism negative outcomes, as more people believe in paper money, and materialism, they tend to spend more money as the governments will print more anyways.

Fiat money dovetails well with secularism and atheism, and adds to the egotism and individualism because again they can just print more money whenever.