Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samsonov

Life purpose and Selfishness

3 posts in this topic

Hey:)

I have taken the course for the second time, trying to come up with a new life purpose when realising hoe selfish my previous was.

It was all about me, what I want to be and have.

You can argue that life purpose is inherently selfish, as Leo does in the course, and going through it is part of your development.

Anyhow, I have a new purpose, which is not as clear and doesn't feel like Me as the previous did, perhaps I just need to implement it further and the ME would change with it.

Still I have got an unsolved issue in my mind, and a question I would like to raise for discussion:

Should you intentionally aim for a selfless purpose or naturally let go of the self as you work and implement?

My old purpose was Magic, an artform I have been practicing since I was a child, a dream never fully realised.

The new is a vague purpose that has to do with sustainable agriculture, trying to lead and have a positive effect on society and making my life about something bigger than just myself. 

Magic could always take a backseat as a hobby, while I work on develop myself to become a valuable member of society.

How does it all sound? like I am letting go of childish fantasies or running away from purring my art?

There is a lot of guilt that I have been dealing with on this regard, not sure if I should surrender to it or fight it.

Thanks

Your life purpose is the one thing that you would do for the rest of your life even if it didn't make any money. Forget about thoughts like "how is this going to make money", the path will become clear once you commit and have faith that it will move into form. 

Don't think in concepts of doing something selfless, all those thoughts are objections that come AFTER the intuitive thought of what you love. The path will become clear automatically, you don't have to worry about it. 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:03 AM, Samsonov said:

Should you intentionally aim for a selfless purpose or naturally let go of the self as you work and implement?

A selfless purpose is when you live life understanding that there’s no point but complete acceptance of yourself.

That includes change and what you cannot change.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI